Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Ugh Dana wants Shogun to retire after that loss to Craig. To his point, I did notice Shogun have a dropoff vs Lil Nog in the final fight of their trilogy - he was getting tooled on the feet but won with takedowns. You have to give a legend like Shogun a retirement fight against someone else who is notable. Give him his final fight against 40 year old Jacare or Rockhold. If you want to get creative, Dustin Jacoby would be a fun matchup

With Shogun retiring soon, Overeem will be the last man left standing of the PRIDE veterans

3 hours ago, method man said:

Ugh Dana wants Shogun to retire after that loss to Craig. To his point, I did notice Shogun have a dropoff vs Lil Nog in the final fight of their trilogy - he was getting tooled on the feet but won with takedowns. You have to give a legend like Shogun a retirement fight against someone else who is notable. Give him his final fight against 40 year old Jacare or Rockhold. If you want to get creative, Dustin Jacoby would be a fun matchup

With Shogun retiring soon, Overeem will be the last man left standing of the PRIDE veterans

Shogun was a top shelf Ferrari with a quarter tank of gas.  Then the wheels got banged up and it was never the same.

UFC/Pride champ at least.  Erased one of the last people I can remember ever being thought of as an "invincible fighter."  Machida.

Forrest fight wasn't a good look, but when he took it to Rampage in Pride...

Most artful Muay Thai I had ever seen in an MMA setting.  Still up there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I do, I actually won my pick em league!  New season starts with the January 16th card. $20 buy in!

I mean, I care, but am frustrated.  It seems stagnant.  I can't name you the champs outside of Nunes, Israel and Firefighter guy whos name slips my mind rn.

Is the sport ok?  I hate asking that.  It just seems like the thrill is gone.  To the hardcore fans, I salute you.

13 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Nobody cares.

Does anyone still watch this sport?

We need headbutting, eyegouging, finger/toe breaking, and biting.

23 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I mean, I care, but am frustrated.  It seems stagnant.  I can't name you the champs outside of Nunes, Israel and Firefighter guy whos name slips my mind rn.

Is the sport ok?  I hate asking that.  It just seems like the thrill is gone.  To the hardcore fans, I salute you.

Yea I still watch it.

Some of us don't have much of a life, on some Saturday nights 😛

Your firefighter guy is Stipe Miocic.

And IMO, he's arguably a GOAT. Not only because of having the longest reign at HW, but the dude KO'd Cormier twice, in back to back fights.

Who has done anything close to that ?

Cornier's age isn't really relevant, because he was still at the top of his game at the time, and he himself was virtually considered a GOAT.

So, with the back to back KO's, Miocic really cemented his legacy. Not to mention, I don't think Miocic has been busted by USADA like several other fighters have, who are talked about as GOAT

But to briefly answer your question, UFC seems to be losing popularity, for a number of reasons.

One of which, is the credibility they lost, by letting fighters leapfrog over multiple fighters more deserving of a title shot

They are more into Super Fights and Popular Fights, than what is actually a deserved fight, and earned fight.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Thanks man.  You know I'm forever a fan.

It's embarrassing how much I'm out of the loop.

The GOAT?  Stipe?  Good lord, I need to get back in the swing of things.

Well I'm sure some out there, would surely disagree strongly with me considering Miocic as a GOAT.

For example, if you go to Sherdog, the undisputed GOAT to all Sherdoggers is unanimously Francis Ngannou. Nevermind, that he's never won a title, and lost his only title shot - to none other than Miocic. But Frankie is GOAT, because of what he COULD do to Miocic, thanks to all those shiny muscles sherdoggers love 😛

I hope you do come back and get in the swing of things. You and StillUnknown. I have no idea what happened to him, but I hope he's okay.

As for you, a lot of people miss your legendary Reaction videos to UFC KO's.... :D

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Dawg, you friggin stalker.

Not really, I just have a memory that is on the verge of Hyperthymesia.

Also, all you have to do, to find those vids, is copy your ES handle and paste it into the Youtube search, and it brings up your channel, along with all your vids, since you go by the same name on youtube.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Not really, I just have a memory that is on the verge of Hyperthymesia.

Also, all you have to do, to find those vids, is copy your ES handle and paste it into the Youtube search, and it brings up your channel, along with all your vids, since you go by the same name on youtube.

I know man, just joshing with you.

But for real, I will try to revive that shiz for the McGregor/Poirier fight.  Thanks for the hilarious memory 😆

• Like 1