Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling


Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Usman is such a **** as ****. No one cares about his point winning status. At least GSP was clear the best fighter, usma. Snore. 

LOL Usman is a beast. His record and dominance shows.  Not sure what you are watching 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

So there's a main event going on tomorrow in UAE.

Which is actually today, and now, in the U.S.

I’m watching. Great UFC Fight Night Saturday as well. Some good fights tonight. Kattar looked good. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Really good card last night. I can’t wait to see Lazzezz fight again. Loved all the up elbows and knees. He has great timing on takedowns but needs to develop GnP and jits. He wants Perry, but he is out a while. I say give him Luque. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

^

 

I have to admit, I won't like seeing either of these guys taking punches. A nice technical battle is a win for all fans. That is the best case scenario. I'm sure they could roughly choreograph something of the sort.

 

If they come out trying to kill each other, I think it will be short and sad.  Or complete gassing in the middle rounds.  The hype behind this fight has impending potential ugliness, sadness and disappointment cloaked like a mf.

 

Hope I'm wrong.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2020 at 5:03 PM, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

^

 

I have to admit, I won't like seeing either of these guys taking punches. A nice technical battle is a win for all fans. That is the best case scenario. I'm sure they could roughly choreograph something of the sort.

 

If they come out trying to kill each other, I think it will be short and sad.  Or complete gassing in the middle rounds.  The hype behind this fight has impending potential ugliness, sadness and disappointment cloaked like a mf.

 

Hope I'm wrong.

 

In this scenario of a 54 year old Tyson making a "fight comeback", I see a little irony that he was the one that coined the phrase "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face".

I guess he would know better than anyone, the full meaning of that.

 

 

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

 

Okay thanks.

Apparently, they didn't even need 3 rounds for this fight, lol

Brunson almost did it in 1 round, but all he needed was 2

And Shahbazyan was super gassed already. He’s young but has a lot of work to do to be a true contender. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Miocic via emo hair.

 

For real tho I've got Miocic.  Think he's focused and DC has his mind elsewhere/on the future.

 

Still can't believe the time DC shoulder-carried Stipe for like 10 seconds straight.  Freakish.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Picks for Miocic and DC ?

 

 

 

I'm calling DC. I think what he needs to do is get this fight to the mat. He never had the chance to do that in the first fight and he (for some reason) did not do that in the 2nd fight. IMO Stipe has only shown real (high-level) grappling against Ngannou, who has zero competent wrestling/BJJ and Miocic still didn't finish him. Cormier needs to exploit this and I think he will.

 

O'Malley. Maybe Vera will have enough grit to make it ugly and wear Sean down... but can he stay conscious until he can make that happen? 

 

JDS needs to make it out of the early going to beat Rozenstruik. This is the toughest call for me but I have to believe experience wins here. Dos Santos gets his hand raised.. probably UD but I'm aware Junior can throw bombs too so who knows. Jairzinho is a killer but he might be taking on competition that's too highly-ranked for him at this stage in his career.

 

 

 

By the way- I listen to the Luke Thomas show on SiriusXM. The other day he was discussing MMA's greatest HW ever. The general opinion among fans right now is that the winner of this main event will hold that title. Luke was adding Fedor to that mix. He basically said that DC or Stipe will become the UFC's GOAT HW, but not MMA's GOAT HW, which is Fedor. I agree with Luke. Thoughts, guys?

Edited by Chachie
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2020 at 11:33 AM, Chachie said:

 

By the way- I listen to the Luke Thomas show on SiriusXM. The other day he was discussing MMA's greatest HW ever. The general opinion among fans right now is that the winner of this main event will hold that title. Luke was adding Fedor to that mix. He basically said that DC or Stipe will become the UFC's GOAT HW, but not MMA's GOAT HW, which is Fedor. I agree with Luke. Thoughts, guys?

 

Like you said, Stipe is now made the GOAT of UFC HW.

Who is the GOAT MMA HW ? I think you could make a case for him as well, and he is definitely in the conversation.

If you look at the quality of guys he's beaten. Here's a comparison to Fedor.

 

Fedor Notable Wins:

  • Big Nog X2
  • Cro Cop
  • Mark Coleman
  • Kevin Randleman
  • Gary Goodridge
  • Fujita
  • Arona
  • Tim Sylvia
  • Arlovski
  • Mark Hunt


Stipe Notable Wins:

  • Daniel Cormier x2
  • Werdum
  • Ngannou
  • Overreem
  • JDS
  • Arlovski
  • Mark Hunt
  • Maldonado
  • Gonzaga
  • Roy Nelson

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

 

Like you said, Stipe is now made the GOAT of UFC HW.

Who is the GOAT MMA HW ? I think you could make a case for him as well, and he is definitely in the conversation.

If you look at the quality of guys he's beaten. Here's a comparison to Fedor.

 

Fedor Notable Wins:

  • Big Nog X2
  • Cro Cop
  • Mark Coleman
  • Kevin Randleman
  • Gary Goodridge
  • Fujita
  • Arona
  • Tim Sylvia
  • Arlovski
  • Mark Hunt


Stipe Notable Wins:

  • Daniel Cormier x2
  • Werdum
  • Ngannou
  • Overreem
  • JDS
  • Arlovski
  • Mark Hunt
  • Maldonado
  • Gonzaga
  • Roy Nelson

 

 

 

 

Nice homework! I would put Werdum, Reem, Hunt, Arlovski and maybe even JDS in the "past their prime" category but your counter is indeed well-taken and a very good case. 

 

I also think Fedor was just so much more well-rounded than Stipe. His toolbox was stuffed with all the necessaries. He changed the sport. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...