Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Whittaker deserves nothing less than a title rematch in his next fight.

It may not be a much different result than last time, but he's actually been looking even better in his last few fights, and he has done more than enough to warrant another shot.

On 4/14/2021 at 8:03 AM, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Best fight in MMA rn is Francis and Jon

If we're talking all of MMA, and not just UFC, I'm actually more looking forward to Rumble vs Romero.

I think Jones and Ng will be disappointing in the excitement level of the actual fight.

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Whittaker deserves nothing less than a title rematch in his next fight.

It may not be a much different result than last time, but he's actually been looking even better in his last few fights, and he has done more than enough to warrant another shot.

If we're talking all of MMA, and not just UFC, I'm actually more looking forward to Rumble vs Romero.

I think Jones and Ng will be disappointing in the excitement level of the actual fight.

Take a big step back...and go frack your own oil!!!

Trippin.

Jones NG is for real.

On 4/18/2021 at 4:51 AM, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Take a big step back...and go frack your own oil!!!

Trippin.

Jones NG is for real.

I've taken a step back.

And Ng is for real.

But I no longer see Jones as some 'larger than life', fighter.

His last several fights were far from overwhelming in their impression

His non-PED fights were not that impressive.

He's now a much more conservative fighter.

Another fighter, who seems over-rated, and is booked this weekend, is George Mas.

Still in disbelief, that he's getting 2 consecutive title shots.

All because he sent a knee toward a Takedown, that virtually everyone, and their grandma, knew was coming at him.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

• 2 weeks later...

This news is 4 or 5 days old, but it will take me even longer, to get over it.

This may be the fight, that I was looking forward to, more than any other MMA fight in 2021

2 heavy bangers, not ever afraid to mix it up.

But it is not to be, now.

Jose Augusto is the replacement

Yoel Romero fails to clear medical screening ahead of Bellator fight with Anthony 'Rumble' Johnson

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/31363090/yoel-romero-fails-clear-medical-screening-ahead-bellator-fight-anthony-rumble-johnson

On 5/5/2021 at 11:03 PM, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

This is super cool.  Anderson and Chael are buds now.

Well I remember when Silva beat Sonnen the 2nd time, while they were still in the cage right after the fight, Silva asks him, "Hey, you're welcome to come to my home in Brazil, to have a barbeque with everyone !"

Although I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm or taunting, after all the bad things Chael said about Brazil. lol

How about Bellator tonight ?

Rumble gets rocked for the first time. Then rebounds immediately with his own KO.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll never forget that KO Barbosa put on Burgos on Saturday night. Edson's got a few legendary finishes on his resume now. Unreal how delayed that reaction was. 

I also was so happy for Charles Oliveira. I have been rooting for that kid from the start of his career.

PS- Tony Ferguson might be done, but how many of you guys (like me) knew as soon as that heel hook was in that Tony would not submit? I actually said it out loud. "Tony won't tap."

Great card.

I am not sure how serious Usman is about trying to give the ol' middle finger to the idea of Colby getting a title fight rematch next, but tbh, I am all for it.  Look, Colby may ultimately present the best challenge currently available due to his wrestling, but the guy has pretty much purposely sat on the sidelines not taking any fights after beating an over the hill Woodley, in order to just wait around and be handed the rematch because no one was left.  I just don't think Colby has done anything to deserve a rematch at this point.  Why not a fight with Gilbert Burns or the winner of Edwards vs. Diaz.  Should DIaz beat Edwards I get that you can say Diaz doesn't deserve a #1 contender fight already but you have to remember they were trying to put together Edwards vs Colby initially and Colby turned it down.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Not a Conor fan but I hope he didn’t break his leg. Even tho he got worked by Dustin. He had some success. 

Rematch. 

I love it, Dustin being ruthless. 

Really looked like a leg break. Clearly above the ankle.

Also, as far as Conor being frail, this break has nothing to do with that. Certainly he cracked the leg from a previous leg kick or 2, and the slight twist, was the straw that broke the camel's back.