Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

I dont care, the Dudley Boyz are awesome. I can still remember watching the first TLC match as a kid. Possibly the greatest thing ive ever witnessed on television. Dudley Boyz / Edge & Christian / Hardy Boyz followed by another fantastic rematch. The only match(s) i can think of that even come close to this is the Undertaker / Mankind match and the 3rd TLC match with the same 3 teams and Chris Jericho / Chris Benoit.

I still get chills watching those matches on youtube. Obviously Edge cant com back, and im in serious doubt that the Hardy Boyz will ever be again ( especially in that high flying capacity), but if the Dudley's can bring some of that table magic, Im all for it.

This doesn't help Sting at all. But this might be where Taker finishes his heel turn and costs Sting the title.

He CAN'T win.

Sting could win the WWE Title with help from Cena. Sheamus could try to cash in MIB. Cena repays Sting by keeping Sheamus from cashing in. Sting offers Cena a Championship match for the opportunity for a Sixteenth Championship. Flaircould help force HHH to agree.

One other idea is for Jon Stewart to help get Cena a rematch. That would follow his Raw segment saying you can get another chance to make things right.

Edited by Gallen5862

On the list of things Taker would need to do to turn heel, nut shotting Lesnar and costing Sting aren't gonna do it. He'd have to be more heinous than that. He's unbooable right now.

He's been getting boo'ed ever since his nut shot against Lesnar. The crowd at SS was overwhelmingly pro-Lesnar.

Hell, I've been watching wrestling since I was a kid, and love the taker, but was even rooting for Lesnar.

Dudley Boyz may be older, but did you see how they had the crowd in the palm of their hand? No tag team in the WWE right now can do that.

Sting...wtf? Who cares.

The Dudley Boyz are back? Or was it a 1-shot?

I haven't been watching in a while. All the stories were lamer than usually leading to WM. I read about this Divas Revolution though. Is that any good?

It appears that they are back for the foreseeable future.

And they are kinda botching this "Divas Revolution" thing, as Brave says. The three woman teams are kinda weird. They should have just had one stable come in with the new wrestlers, instead of spreading them out across three teams with existing wrestlers. That really did not make much sense. The revolution should have been centered on the new wrestlers, because they can actually...you know, wrestle. They have had some very good moments, but the situation is so convoluted, it all gets kinda lost. 

It appears that they are back for the foreseeable future.

And they are kinda botching this "Divas Revolution" thing, as Brave says. The three woman teams are kinda weird. They should have just had one stable come in with the new wrestlers, instead of spreading them out across three teams with existing wrestlers. That really did not make much sense. The revolution should have been centered on the new wrestlers, because they can actually...you know, wrestle. They have had some very good moments, but the situation is so convoluted, it all gets kinda lost.

The Divas Revolution needs an actual storyline with some direction. The storyline seems to be throw as many of them in the ring at one time as you can and not much else.

• Like 1

You know... The Dudley's return gave me a bit of perspective re: old dudes in wrestling. For months I heard they may be back and my thought was: "Great. More old guys." And I didn't care.

But when that pyro hit, the screen flashed "Welcome to Dudleyville" and their music hit I marked the eff out. I felt like a kid.

I've come to the conclusion that I've been a jaded, knows too much about the backstage/rumor mill smark. Why am I watching wrestling if I can't have fun with it? D-Von and Bubba Ray sent me back ten years when I didn't follow any blogs and just had fun with it...

So I have a new perspective on this Sting vs. Rollins stuff. First, we know Sting isn't going to win... But in my eyes... Who cares if he's 50+? He's effing Sting. May as well sit back and enjoy the ride. I'd actually be more upset to see a guy like, say, Big Show in the title picture. I wouldn't give two craps if it was Cena or Orton right now.

But Sting? It's Sting.

Ah well, continue however you wish, just thought I'd add some of my perspective.

Edited by KDawg

**** no. You know WWE can't handle talented workers.

Sasha is the best wrestler in the whole company IMO and they didn't even have her on the show Monday despite the crowd calling for her all night

Apparently, in slow motion, the hurricanrana (sp?) bump she took didn't go as smooth as it may have looked at full speed. She basically fell on her head. But she finished the match and wrestled at SS, but didn't do much. Possibly why her team was quickly eliminated. Speculation is they cut her a break and kept her off RAW to get a breather.

So, I went down a Roddy Piper rabbit hole on YouTube on Saturday morning and reached the conclusion that he was the single most important person in the WWF from 84 through 87. Yes, Hogan was the star. Yes, Hogan sold out the arenas. Yes, Hogan was the alpha dog.

But Piper is what ground them in reality. Every thing Piper did looked so freaking real. Possibly because it was real. I watched the Snuka coconut incident and really paid attention to the details. 1. He ****ing nailed him with that coconut. 2. He really beats him with the belt. 3. He spits on him at least three times. I mean, it's iconic and weirdly comical now, but it's essentially a real hate crime. And it was done to the guy who was easily the biggest babyface in the WWF before Hogan's return.

I watched the Frankie Williams pit. He was not pulling those punches either and looked genuinely pissed when the jobber came back for more. The iconic close of that is "Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions." But he lost the microphone when Williams came back and had to yell it into the hot mic on the camera. Which actually made it better in a way because it's just this massive angry close-up.

He's not a great wrestler, but everything he did in the real looked real. His punches are just this side of Jerry Lawler. He's a really interesting bumper. And his facial expressions are amazing.

The stuff he did with Adonis is amazing because Adonis was just as mean as Piper was. Except Piper is the face there.

Something else to think about. Vince took over the world with Hogan and Piper....and he did nothing to create either of them. Both of them came to WWF in '83/'84 fully formed. Hogan was super famous thanks to Rocky III and had perfected his act in the AWA.

Piper was pretty damn famous nationally thanks to Georgia Championship Wrestling and was as big a star as you could be in Portland, California, and the Carolinas.

I think this segment from Georgia sums up the realness of Piper. He's been an obnoxious heel in Georgia for a year, feuding with the Armstrongs. But the weird thing is, he became a heel by telling the truth. He kept saying that Brad Armstrong needed to get out of his father's shadow in order to be a star...and he was probably right.

Anyway, he basically invented the heel color commentator role in Georgia, but was always respectful of Gordon Solie. Don Muraco gets overly aggressive with Solie and Piper comes to the rescue.

This sets up an awesome moment in the Omni where Piper comes to the ring in a Murcao match, calmly takes off his jacket, stands in front of Murcao, and then just ****ing knocks him out with a role of quarters.

The next week on tv he says, "I knocked him out with a roll of quarters."

No babyfaces did that in 1982. And no heels admitted that in 1982.

Piper basically invented the heel color commentator and the tweener on national tv before Vince Jr even owned his dad's company.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUYJpTEdWO0

I was always an NWA guy, but I watched WWF religiously too. I sort of hated Hogan and thought a lot of it was cartoon BS. But it's clear that I kept going back for Piper. He was realer than anything in the NWA and was doing it in a cartoon world. It's amazing in retrospect.

(Also, his WM III match with Adonis is a perfect big stadium match featuring two really limited wrestlers. Adonis was amazing in his prime but was a physical wreck then. And Piper was not exactly Ricky Steamboat. The star of that match is Jimmy Hart who takes about five Dynamite Kid caliber bumps in it. But everything Piper does is meaningful. I miss this kind of wrestling so much. I can't remember anything that has ever happened in a Sheamus match, but I remember how Piper took his t-shirt off).

• Like 1

Watched for a few min last night. That Diva "Becky" looked pretty $$$$. 

So, there are 3 Diva factions? The Bellas with Alicia, Becky, Paige and Flair. Then Sasha, Snuka and I forget the name of the other woman. Seems kind of redundant with only one female belt. Would be smarter to have them join other factions where they get TV time without having to compete.

Oh, and Lana is in acid wash denim while rolling with Dolf? How did that happen?

The Rollins stuff seems dumb. The whole statue story is stupid. Using that reasoning, Chris Jericho should have one because he held both Champs titles at the same time after WCW was rolled into WWE.

Now that I think of it......Jericho rules

• Like 3

Wow!  Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka may be charged in the death of a woman over 30 years ago:

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lehigh-county/index.ssf/2015/09/da_annoucing_results_of_invest.html

A press conference has been scheduled for 2:30pm ET to announce the findings of the Grand Jury investigation into the death of Nancy Argentino. Argentino, you'll recall, was the girlfriend of Jimmy Snuka at the time of her death, which many believe to have been caused by Snuka.

Here's the actual text of the press release:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE                                       CONTACT: Debbie Garlicki

Sept. 1, 2015                                                                 Executive Aide

(610) 782-3230

NOTICE OF NEWS CONFERENCE

Lehigh County District Attorney James B. Martin will hold a news conference at 2:30 p.m., today, Tuesday, Sept. 1, 2015, to announce the results of the Grand Jury investigation into the death of Nancy L. Argentino in 1983. The news conference will be held in the conference room of the District Attorney's Office on the third floor of the

Lehigh County Courthouse at Fifth and Hamilton Streets, Allentown.

NO OTHER INFORMATION WILL BE RELEASED BEFORE THE NEWS CONFERENCE.

Edited by LeesburgSkinFan

Wonder if they'll quietly excommunicate him. If they do, that'll gotta suck for Tamina. To have your legend father ousted from company history in disgrace.

On a different note, does anyone else find it weird how much they kiss up to the Ultimate Warrior? I guess they expect nobody to remember what an a-hole he was once he retired. Forget about how he was as a wrestler. His name being brought up on Raw with the likes of Andre and Bruno was :confused: I get Sting and him go way back, but they coulda scripted any name.

Watched for a few min last night. That Diva "Becky" looked pretty $$$$.

So, there are 3 Diva factions? The Bellas with Alicia, Becky, Paige and Flair. Then Sasha, Snuka and I forget the name of the other woman. Seems kind of redundant with only one female belt. Would be smarter to have them join other factions where they get TV time without having to compete.

Oh, and Lana is in acid wash denim while rolling with Dolf? How did that happen?

The Rollins stuff seems dumb. The whole statue story is stupid. Using that reasoning, Chris Jericho should have one because he held both Champs titles at the same time after WCW was rolled into WWE.

Now that I think of it......Jericho rules

]

And they were two world titles, not this US title stuff. Actually, that wouldn't be a bad filler feud for a secondary PPV if Jericho would come back to TV. Rollins touts how great he is fir having two titles, Walls of Jericho hits, Jericho does his thing in the mic, then puts over Rollins at the PPV. Rollins wont have the belts long enough to see it, I'm sure, but whatever.

WWE should really have two Divas factions rather than 3. Cuz now, you have to completely leave one out to do anything that's not a complete cluster you-know-what. Now, you gave the black faction with the stupid name, the white faction with an even stupider name, and the Nikki Bella and the two jobbers faction with the unimaginative name.

Edited by justice98