Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

NXT Rival was alright. I know some people think it was as good as R Evolution, but I don't think so. Basically because of the Corbin/Dempsey match and the Tag Title match. Those stunk. The other four matches were very good to stellar.

SPOILER ALERT:

Itami/Breeze - Itami is starting to come into his own. These two guys sell moves extremely well. They make each strike look as devastating as they should. Itami's kick to finish is beautiful. It's nice to see Kenta catching on with the WWE's style.

Corbin/Dempsey - Yikes. This one might have been a good no DQ match, but I can't get Dempsey's horrendous botch out of my head. They did a spot where Dempsey clotheslined Corbin over the top rope, but Dempsey's momentum was supposed send him over the top rope as well. Corbin spills to the outside, Dempsey doesn't make it. So Dempsey then, after not making it, lands back on his feet, pauses for a second and then basically clotheslines himself over the top rope. I'm not sure why he didn't just, you know, walk out of the ring after that. The next spot was an offensive move by him anyways. That ruined the match for me and I tuned completely out.

Lucha Dragons vs. Blake/Murphy (Tag Titles) - Both Sin Cara and Kalisto botched moves. Ruined this match for me, too.

Neville vs. Balor (#1 Contender Match for NXT Title) - Wow. What a match. Balor hit a sling blade (Hiroshi Tanahashi uses it in Japan), hit his old finisher the Bloody Sunday and the double stomp for the win. But let me tell you, these two guys are the cream of the crop in NXT (along with Zayn and Owens ). Great match and a lot of fun. This brought me back into it.

Charlotte vs. Bayley vs. Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks (NXT Women's Title) - Wow. May have been the best women's wrestling match I've EVER seen. Ever. Or at least recently enough that my memory doesn't effect my opinion. Incredible. Sasha Banks winning tells me that there's a good chance that we see Charlotte on the main roster sooner rather than later. Paige vs. Charlotte at Mania for the strap? Nah. The WWE won't pull the Bella's. But the women's division is starting to look a LOT better. Paige, Charlotte, Nikke has improved, Nattie then you have Becky Lynch, Sasha, Bayley all waiting in NXT. If AJ Lee ever comes back that division will be rocking. And this is coming from someone who has never had any interest in women's wrestling until NXT/WWE Network. These ladies can work.

Zayn vs. Owens (NXT Title) - Good match and well worth watching. As soon as Zayn "hit" his head on the ramp, though, I knew they were going to sell an injury. Owens wins by referee stoppage. Medical personnel "attended" to Zayn for awhile in the ring while Owens celebrated with his new title. Zayn is doing promo stuff in Abu Dhabi and is going to miss the next taping or two of NXT, so it makes sense. They did a great job in telling the story. So I guess from that perspective this match lived up to the hype. The story was awesome. Zayn injured. Barely responsive. Beat down like Cena got beat by Lesnar at SummerSlam... But he kept kicking out. It took several power bombs and a ref stoppage to stop Zayn. They sold his will and his heart through even a tough injury. The story telling in this match was top notch.

Edited by KDawg

It's official. You're all off my Christmas list.

Man, I thought I posted something in here already lol

Regarding NXT Rival...

It was so good man. Not as good as R Evolution, but still good. 

Loved the Tyler Breeze/Hideo fight. I swear Tyler Breeze is my man, but he has a little too much Dolph Ziggler in him right now. Which could be a good thing. Maybe when they call him up, they can get a program going between the two.

The Corbin/Dempsey feud has been a major miss for me. How are they going to be a rival, when Corbin has won all the matches. I know Dempsey caused him the match for the number one contender, but still, he needed to win one of the first two matches for me to care about the match.

Finn and Neville. They delivered, I expected a good match, and I got it. Finn has crazy heat on the internet right now. Can't go anywhere without somebody talking about him. I heard Neville is about to get called up and he might get a new gimmick. That would suck.

Loved the Owens and Zayn fight. The face that Owens beat the brakes off of him so bad that he KO'd was great KD. Still surprised that they actually gave him the title, but I like that. Keeps me off guard.

But my favorite match of the night was easily the Divas match. I hope none of them doesn't get called up. Because I know if they get called up, they're going to mess them up man lol.

I loved the evolution of Sasha Banks. When she came to NXT, I already knew she could wrestle because I remembered seeing her wrestle in the Indys. Can't remember where. But she is so cool man. Charlotte has improved a lot too. Love me some Becky Lynch, and Bayley with that Belly to Bayley off the top rope... SMH...

I have so much fun watching NXT. They use their time so well. That's why I really think RAW needs to go back to 2 hours man. 3 hours is just too long man.

• Like 1

They won't, though. But two hours would be a lot better for everyone.

Then again, if they had a real women's and tag division, and actually developed mid card feuds that hour may not be as big of a deal. But three hours is a lot. Crazy if you think about it.

• Like 1

It is man. I think I have a small case of ADD. When I'm in class, after like 45 minutes, I get so anxious if I don't have work to do. That's why I love my teacher that has us constantly focusing on coding the whole class...

Anyway, the three hours for RAW are crazy. Even on the DVR, I have to force myself to watch it. So imagine how jacked up I feel when I am watching it live? lol 

• Like 1

Anybody ever see any RoH? The main event from this week's episode was stupid good, and matches like that really make me wonder why the heck WWE doesn't want that type of wrestling on their main card. It wasn't even all that high risk (that's not to say there weren't some ridiculous spots, but the overall match was just wrestling skill put on display). 

The Bullet Club (Styles & Young Bucks) vs. ACH, Matt Sydal (Evan Bourne) & Cedric Alexander.

What a freakin' match. There was a spot where two guys went for super kicks and wound up getting their legs intertwined. And what followed was insanity. Absolutely awesome wrestling.

I can't imagine what a world like that, with WWE production, brand name and exposure along with RoH/NXT.NJPW type wrestling would be like... But it would rule the world.

Anybody ever see any RoH? The main event from this week's episode was stupid good, and matches like that really make me wonder why the heck WWE doesn't want that type of wrestling on their main card.

This to me is the biggest thing we lost with end of WCW. WCW didn't know what the hell it was doing 95 percent of the time, but it never had a style of wrestling that everyone followed. It would let Steven Regal and his World of Sport style get in a ring with Konnan or a luchadore or Bobby Eaton or Alex Wright or a Japanese guy and just say "Figure it out."

WWE trains you how to cover a guy properly so the hard camera can see it. Part of what makes Rollins and Ambrose interesting is that they were on the indies for years and the WWE machine didn't completely strip them of their styles.

Dude has a 6 pack in his chest. Ridiculous

How awesome would a scholarly, unathourized biography of Vince be?

Whatever help Vince is getting, he's still obviously putting the work in.  Any ideas of when he started juicing? I'm sure it was the 80s; but, I've always been a bit hazy. He wasn't constantly on tv, so you didn't notice changes until they became glaring. When I first saw WWF programming, around 1981-82, he was tall but not that broad. He seemed bigger when the expansion was going, but he really seemed big in the 90s.

Go ahead...so you're the man who rules the world?  They call me...The Shockmaster.  You've ruled the world long enough Sid Vicious...get ready...come on, you want a piece of me?  You want a piece of me...come get me.  Come after me Sid, I'm ready.  Along with Davey Boy, Sting, and Dusty Rhodes, we'll see you...at the Fall Brawl...at the War Games.  Until then...AH HAH HAH HAH!!!

• Like 1

That was a great moment to see Sting use his bat on HHH. It was the classic Sting move of pointing to the Wrestlemania sign. He got his match and used the Scorpin death drop on HHH. It shoul be a great match. I still don't think the fans will accept a championship match between Reins and Brock.

Edited by Gallen5862

Yup. Pretty poor show. The Memphis crowd didn't help much. I thought they were flat all night. But the show itself left a bit to be desired, too. Although, I think Reigns and Bryan delivered.

And I think Rollins "punishment" was simply pushing him down the card for a month. I think he cashes in at Mania.