Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

If Ric Flair didnt need the money I doubt hed still be doing it. What a shame.

He's not hurting for money man. Trust me.

I've shaken the guys' hand several times over the 10 years that I have lived here. Nice whips, nice home.

He just can't do anything else at this point in his life. I also believe he has an adult ADD type of thing going on.

I've shaken the guys' hand several times over the 10 years that I have lived here. Nice whips, nice home.

He just can't do anything else at this point in his life. I also believe he has an adult ADD type of thing going on.

Don't be so sure. There was an article on grantland a few years back that showed that his finances and life in general were ****ed

Apparently he tries to live the Nature Boy life but doesn't truly have the means

Here it is

http://grantland.com/features/the-wrestler-real-life/

I could see that also. I just haven't seen it.

I think what many people look at as broke is a few hundred bucks in the bank or available. Someone like him is on a level where a few hundred thousand seems broke.

Clearly people kept giving him credit, over and over.

Come to think of I have not seen him in about two years at the places I go.

Perhaps he is another one that didn't think it through. When I first moved here he would leave his Ferrari at a restaurant or have the staff drive him home after a night of partying.

Reading the rest of the article means that I haven't seen him in about 3+ years. I remember that white custom Camaro. I know exactly the place he was living on Sharon Road. The Residences... it's nice, I have some funny pictures from there a female friend of mine with a glass of wine on the elliptical. That roof top deck is indeed awesome. Fire pit is something we all want.

Yet he is still spending thousands per month on dining.

See what I mean ? I hope that is not the case for him and his family.

This is not just for wrestlers, but anyone...pre-nuptial. Geez.

LKB,

Neidhart isn't dead, sir.

Has anyone checked on him today?

Flair is beyond broke.

He is very good at getting personal loans to keep the lifestyle going, but he is not very good at paying them back.

Yeah. I remember that **** ruining my day back when I first read it. I love me some flair

It really hurt my heart that he basically had to come back to wrestling after that beautiful send off by WWE. That segment had me crying like a baby lol

Didn't he get paid $0 for that Wrestlemania because he owed Vince nearly a million bucks for whatever.

Come to think of I have not seen him in about two years at the places I go.

Reading the rest of the article means that I haven't seen him in about 3+ years. I remember that white custom Camaro.

Yeah, I used to see him all the time. At least once a month. I live in Charlotte and spend a lot of time in the SouthPark area. But like you say, it has probably been a few years. The last time I saw him, he was walking out of a coffee shop, I shook his hand and he hopped in that white Camaro. He definitely has not been as visible as he was in the past.  

Weren't Flair and his son basically living in a hotel when the son OD'ed?

Yep. The Residence Inn. I work right by that hotel.

It was Ric Flair who found his 25-year-old son unconscious on March 29 in a second bedroom of a two-bedroom SouthPark hotel suite, where Ric Flair was living at the time.

http://www.wcnc.com/story/news/local/2014/07/02/11008122/

You would think these guys that struggle for years to make it and make that money would realize that is not a normal job.

Thank you guys for the info. As I stated previously, I don't follow it that closely...but in my diluted mind I thought he was living the good life, simply not needing a house.

However, he was not living at the Residence Inn...not true. He was living at a Luxury apartment in South Park called "The Residence at South Park".  I go there ( that area, Cowfish, Dean and Deluca, etc..) often and as I stated saw him many times. I know a few people that live there...it is certainly not a hotel or Residence Inn.  The small 1 BR places start at about 2k per month.

Flair used to own a condo/house on the golf course at Pinehurst back in the day.  My dad and his friends were playing the course (talking in 80's here), one of them hit a ball into his yard.  Went to get it and they were partying hardcore.  They invited my dad and his buddies to the party.

He told me that it was packed full of wrestlers and hot women.  Said Flair was drunk and drugged out of his mind, but was the nicest guy on the planet, giving them drinks, shooting the ****, etc.

I know he was the reason that JR got fired, putting on an obviously drunk Flair at the promotion for the video game (think thats what it was).  

However, he was not living at the Residence Inn...not true. He was living at a Luxury apartment in South Park called "The Residence at South Park".  I go there ( that area, Cowfish, Dean and Deluca, etc..) often and as I stated saw him many times. I know a few people that live there...it is certainly not a hotel or Residence Inn.  The small 1 BR places start at about 2k per month.

I am pretty sure it was the Residence Inn. At least that is where Reid was found, and it was reported that they were staying at the same place at the time. I work in SouthPark and used to see Ric fairly frequently at the restaurants in Piedmont Row. Really outgoing, gregarious...just a nice guy. Now, I know Ric used to live in a condo near the mall at some point, so he could have lived in both places. I think he may have moved out of the condo after an altercation with his wife. Who knows, he has lived in a few different places in the area since I have been working there. 

Reid Flair, born Richard Reid Fliehr II, was a budding star in Japan with All Japan Pro Wrestling. He had returned to the United States last week after a three-month stay overseas. Friday morning, Ric Flair found his son unconscious in his Residence Inn hotel room.

http://www.wcnc.com/story/news/local/2014/07/02/10986270/

Reid Fleihr, who, like his father, used the last name "Flair" professionally, was found dead by police Friday in a room at the Residence Inn by Marriott on Piedmont Row Drive South in Southpark. He was 25 years old.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/police-ric-flairs-son-found-dead-hotel/nW7XQ/

I'm a mark.

I'll say it.

I'm actually getting hyped for Mania.

Lesnar vs. Reigns - Everyone assumes Reigns winning is the foregone conclusion. But is it? Reigns could win and get cashed in on (many say, "yeah, but E likes to send people home happy after Mania and there's no way a heel winning the title does that"). I say, "hogwash". Rollins cashing in and taking the title would make fans extremely happy. People love him. You also have the possibility of a cash in, where the briefcase is handed in, but Ambrose comes out and stops it and beats down Rollins enough for Reigns to finish him and retain, setting up a Shield triple threat. All the while Ambrose yells, "I TOLD YOU!". You also have the chance of the Beast re-inking and winning the match. Of course, there's the possibility of a clean Reigns win with no cash in, which I'm not against. I like Reigns. I won't be disappointed in this match unless it's a bad match, which I don't see happening.

Sting vs. Triple H - I realize I'm in the minority, but this match has me extremely excited, too. The in-ring quality is going to be... well... of two wrestlers that combine to 100 years old. But the story is where this one will be awesome. Triple H, in my opinion, is hell bent on making Sting look like a million bucks. And Sting has never given a poor effort (aside from Starcade 97, when Hogan politicked the **** out of a match that should have been a classic). I have no worries here. These two are going to bring it.

Bray vs. Taker - Of the three main matches, this is the one I'm worried most about. There are rumors that Sting/Taker is going to happen at WM32 in Dallas. If Taker loses here, that match has zero intrigue to it. Aside from that, who jobs in Taker/Sting? I think that's why they avoided it this year. If this match between Bray and Taker is booked right, this match is compelling because Bray walks out of Mania with a win over Taker and still making Taker look strong. I can talk about how I'd do it, but that's not important here. But Bray HAS to win.

IC Ladder Match - Yes, I love Bryan in the IC title hunt. And Ziggler. And Ambrose. And Harper. And Barrett. And Truth. And maybe Star/Goldust. That match could steal the show. And, despite others thoughts of this being a consolation prize for Bryan, I absolutely love it. Putting the title on Bryan would help re-build the IC title, which Bryan has said he's all for helping build other people, titles and shows. He's all-in on improving Smackdown. I don't see how this is a disappointment in any way.

Andre Battle Royal - Hopefully it doesn't open the show. Because I do need somewhere to use the bathroom.

Rusev vs. Cena - Eh. This is, besides the battle royal, the match that I'm least interested in. It's just not compelling.

We'll see what the rest shapes up like, but I like the direction.

I think WM will be good.  My guess is Brock doesn't re-sign, so Reigns or Rollins ends up with the belt, of course, Randy Orton could ruin his MITB cash in too.  

Sting/HHH - Sting will win.  Bray/Taker - Taker wins.  No way he loses twice in a row.  Thus if its Taker/Sting at WM32 - Taker will lose to Sting.  He is all about taking one for the company.

IC ladder match will be great, regardless of who wins.  

Russev/Cena will be boring, but imo, necessary right now.  He's one away from Flair as far as WWE championships go and they most likely want to keep him back for a while.  

This occupies his time and his never give up gimmick works well with the USA versus Russia gimmick.  He will beat Russev and that should bolster the importance of the US Title.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

I watched RAW yesterday... I was doing homework too and didn't skip the commercial. Seemed like it was on forever lol

Anyways, Jon Stewart cut one of the best promos on Monday Night. That was so tight IMO lol

Other than that, everything else was decent. 

Heyman dropped ether. Awesome promo.

Steph destroyed Cena. Awesome promo.

AJ returned to an awesome pop.

I actually watched all of RAW for the first time in about, oh, 20 years.

I recommend watching the majority of the show, or at least the Steph/Heyman promos. Heyman is awesome.

I saw Stephenie's promo. She's usually on point. I liked Curtis Axel in his bit. He was kind of money. If I was the writer, Rusev would have caused Cena that match on Monday.

I deleted RAW, so I watched the Heyman promo on WWE.com as soon as I replied earlier.

I know they cut some things, but it was on point. I don't know how that Giant line will fly, but since it's Friday and I haven't heard anybody complain about it, I guess it was properly recieved. Lol

Edited by MLSKINS