Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

The grand plan would McMahon versus McMahon part 78.

Here's my long-term booking. Everyone in the WWE wants titles and money that comes from winning titles and fight accordingly. HHH shows up once a year to oversee a contract singing before Wrestlemania.

I'd like that. But this is the reality era. And how much more real can you get than by putting H's guys vs. Vince's? Wrestlers vs. Superstars. Goliath vs. David. Body builders vs. technicians.

That's what everyone loves talking about. So forge the narrative.

Vince saying the E may be better when he goes wasn't an accident. Or it could have been, but that would lead into this angle.

The ultimate payoff? Size doesn't matter. Mic work doesn't matter as much. Skill matters. Connection matters. Yeah, there will be body builders who get to the top. But so can guys like Owens, Balor and Bryan.

Even put wild cards into it. A re-signed Lesnar doesn't choose a side. He just destroys everyone. Because he can. He's a PITA for both sides.

Russia angle wasn't what I'm proposing.

I know. But it's just a variation of Old Guard vs Young Guns/Invasion/NWO vs WCW.

Everyone on one side vs Everyone on the other.

The inherent problem is there is nothing to transition the "loser" of the feud to something else. Do all the muscleheads get fired at the end?

No. Whoever wins ultimately sees the value of te other type of wrestler. They see the need for differences and open the door to new types of "faces" of the WWE. No need to be an oiled up meathead. But they can still rule the roost, too. The best rise to the top.

I also don't advocate it ONLY be about that storyline. H guys may battle H guys for a specific title and cause bad blood between them. Vince guys vs. Vince guys in grudges, etc.

And the key would be that it's not JUST old guard vs. new guard.

An example of how it could be split:

Vince: Reigns, Cena, Kane, Ryback, Orton, Barrett, Show, Rowan, Harper, Wyatt, Usos, Ascension, Rusev, Ambrose

H: Balor, Itami, Zayn, Owens, Ziggler, Bryan, Rollins, Michaels (by word only), Miz, Flair (another mouthpiece), Cesaro, Kidd, etc.

Meanwhile, guys like Bryan and Reigns still show respect (like they did last night) while doing battle for their cause. And the ultimate takeaway is that neither side is better. It's that there is positives in both.

Who gets elevated from this?

Everyone. I push guys from both sides. Give both sides title reigns. Make guys look good. The sides battle to a virtual stalemate.

Meanwhile, Lesnar and Heyman act as hired goons and random destroyers of worlds. They don't have a side. They just destroy.

IDK KDawg, sounds like the millionaires club vs the new blood to me and I would be pissed if I saw that.

I really think they need to go this direction going forward. They need to do away with Triple H and Stephanie on screen completely, and kill the goon squad of Big Show and Kane while they are at it. Also Rollins needs to be freed from those two pansies that interfere with his matches. Simply dismantling that crap and concentrating on the in ring product can elevate it from where it is now.

So much of the show and production today is about HHH and the McMahons. When they left TV after survivor series it was like a dark cloud was lifted for everyone that lasted all of one show, when that dumbass laptop made it's ugly return. That should never be brought back either.

None of that is helping the business right now, its never really worked outside of Austin vs McMahon. Things like backstage power being on TV always draws the wrong heat and takes away from the talent. Its not that I don't want to see Sting wrestle so much as I don't want to see more of HHH and company in any capacity.

No one cares about Rollins today because the bit is tired, his heat is stale because of that faction. If he is truly the future of the WWE then he needs to do it on his own. His curb stomp is one of the best finishers I have ever seen, he needs to get away from those guys. Champions can belong to factions but they cant be in the spotlight because of a faction. Doesn't work for a new wrestler like Rollins, it can work to protect a veteran like Hogan in 1997

People want to suspend disbelief when they watch wrestling and pretend that the underdog has a chance. When that group gets together its the HHH show and no chance the underdog can win. Week after week of this kills the business and hurts the product and talent. Remember when the days of the NWO were going? Why did that get killed? Same reason, over exposure, too many people in the faction, too many times seeing that if the result was anything unliked by those in power it would be reversed except back then it was new and now near 20 years later it still sucks. No one wants to see that. But its forced fed to us each and every week. 

Vince gets pops when he shows up because he rarely shows up. Brock Lesner gets crazy pops because he's rarely seen.

HHH needs to hang it up, be a CEO and nothing more, his wife needs to go away, its not a requirement to have a commissioner. I miss the days of Jack Tuney when  we rarely rarely ever saw him unless the story called for it. We weren't forced to deal with hand picked champions like we are now.

Any future of the WWE needs to start there, anything less and I don't think it will work

Edited by hankersonfan

Except it's nothing like millionaire club vs new blood. I have no problem with disagreeing with the idea, I just wish that I could convey appropriately what I'm saying so that people understood. *shrug*

Only thing I will say is that's what my idea ultimately transitions to: low levels of interference. More like Regal in NXT than anything we've seen since.

It's huge group versus huge group. That's the same angle.

I like factions. Factions should be three or four people. And they should have a common purpose. The Shield were perfect.

I don't want to sitting at home trying to figure out if Cena is on Team Vince or Team HHH? Because really, I don't give a damn who wins between HHH and Vince. I don't want Evil Vince on tv anymore either.

The person who is destroying the product, however, is Stephanie. She cuts the nuts off everyone - face or heel. And it's impossible for her to ever get a comeuppance in PG WWE. She buries her own talent every week.

As an aside....

Lance Storm made a good point. For 18 years now, the WWE has cast the ownership as the main heels in the company. Is it any wonder that the fan base has grown to hate the company? We've been told every week that the McMahons are greedy, arrogant ****s who hold back the people the fans actually like. Why is anyone watching a show where the storyline is, "We are not giving you want you want!"

It's kind of the exact oppositve of what Paul E tried to do in ECW - which went too far in the other direction and the company got over more than the talent.

Sting won power in WCW in a match and gave it back. Sting won power twice in TNA twice and gave it back. This time Sting could win power in WWe but not give it back immediately. He can say I took the power away from HHH and Steph once but Cena gave them back the power. He can say that everytime he gave the power back that things got worse. this time he will keep the power. Sting could even possibly get a short WWE heavyweight Championship run. Cena and and Rybeck and Ziggler and Erick Rowan .join team Sting. HHH thinks that Ric Flair will join him but he decides to reunite with Sting. 

Edited by Gallen5862

Sting shouldn't come near the title.

Anyone else read the dirt sheets? Apparently Brock didn't appear on RAW because the E didn't want to use one of his dates...

That was reported early this AM, and I thought it was weird that Brock was in Nashville and not being used because him going there would count that as a date...

Well it just came out that Brock may have walked out last night due to his "business relationship with WWE"... Wonder if he was told he wasn't being used and they didn't plan on counting the date and he got pissed.

That's NOT good for WWE. At all.

Flair would be in a management role. He could also be in a managers role and be used for hs knowledge of HHH and to help train Stings Faction.The excuse that Flair could use was that HHH pushed him when he tried to give HHH advice and that he respected the fact they were former Four Horsemen and that they were the last match in WCW history.

Edited by Gallen5862

Is there a story in either the Taker/Bray feud or the HHH/Sting?

To me, it's coming across as "hey I want to fight you"

Why do I care about Bray at this point as a fan? His momentum is deader than Undertaker lol. Why do I believe he can win?

Sting vs HHH makes zero sense as well.

They need to do away with all the legends. All of them. Unless it's WM or an anniversary show. I love all of these guys but I have no interest in watching any of them on camera when I can watch them in their prime on the Network. Plus, their core audience is still kids, who don't know Sting from the singer. Push your core guys for more than just a ****ing month

I honestly feel like like there is no such thing as a casual fan anymore. A casual fan isn't gonna watch 20 hours of program a week. Unless you're a die hard fan, why the **** would you care about any of the middle-lower card feuds? Why?

That's the biggest issue. The booking is so **** that you just stop caring about guys even if they're good.

Daniel Bryan is amazing but they are turning him into Tommy Dreamer. At a some point, fans will stop caring about him. Fans don't care about Bray, Cesaro, Barrett, or Ambrose because they get stop/start pushes constantly. Ambrose hasn't won on PPV since June LOL

How the hell are you gonna book the main event of WM? Reigns is getting owned verbally every week by a manager and the crowd still isn't all the way behind him

Rant over

Like honest to goodnesss, look at the rumored WM card and tell me which match you think is really gonna be a WM classic?

Sting and HHH could:should be decent. But I can't see it having the proper WM feel. I get that Sting shouldn't talk but it really prevents him from conveying the story properly

It worked in WCW because it was clear why he became a loner and why he hated the NWO.

What link does he have with the Authority?

Here's an angle they would never ever do.

Reigns wins at WM. Whatever. Someone has to.

The next night at the smarky post WM Raw, they celebrate Reigns being the new "face" of the WWE. Have Cole really hit the word "face." It becomes important later.

At 10:45, Reigns comes down for his first promo as champ. He starts to cut one of this lame promos when a fat figure climbs a barricade.

The smarky crowd will freak out; the kids will be lost.

It's Samoa Joe.

Reigns says, "I think I know who you are, and I think you don't belong here." (Also, suffering sucatash!).

Joe grabs the mic.

"I've spent 15 years sweating and bleeding in rings all over the world, mastering my art. And the whole time I've heard one thing. You don't have the looks, or the body or the charisma to be in the WWE. You certainly could never be the face of the WWE.

And maybe they are right. Look at me. And look at you.

But I know how to do one thing. And that's wrestle. And I've reached a point in my life where i decided that if I ever want to be known the way I deserve to be known, I need to grab the brass ring. And here I am, standing in front of the new face of the WWE...and saying I want his title."

This draws out HHH and Steph to the ramp. They say something like, I guess the phone calls and letters weren't enough. Maybe hand cuffs will You aren't wanted here. You don't belong here. And get the hell out of my ring.

Reigns says something like, wait a second. I don't need you fighting my battles. I'm the champ and it's my decision who I fight.

HHH: It is my decision who you fight.

Regins angrily says, "It's mine."

Now, back to you. I've heard of you. I know your reputation. And I would gladly give you a shot at MY belt. But you have to earn your way to a shot.

Joe: I have to earn my chance to be "the face of the WWE?"

Reigns: Yes.

Joe to HHH: So, this is the new face of the WWE?

HHH: For now.

Joe pauses and does something cool and violent. I'm thinking a fireball but that's because I'm a Jerry Lawler mark. Point being: Reigns hits the mat and can't defend himself. Joe pulls the ol' Ricky Morton/Ricky Steamboat and rubs Reigns face in the mat. People hit the ring, and Joe heads to the crowd before saying, "There's your new face of the WWE" and we cut to a bloody and bruised face of Reigns.

Now, you stretch this out by having Reigns demand his shot and having HHH saying that he has to go through all the contenders first. Meanwhile, have Joe start wrestling and kill people for three months. In three months, you have the match and Reigns goes over...and you either let Joe go or shuffle him off to the mid-card to play with all his ROH friends like Ambrose and Bryan.

I think a Joe/Bryan tag team that actually won the belts would get the smarks to back the **** off and let Reigns breath AND establish some credibility in the belts.

• Like 3

I thought I posted this earlier doing class, but I didn't. Which might be a good thing because now I can elaborate.

Look, I know we're trying to come up with the good story line or whatever, and I know I keep whining about this, but damn man. RAW is just too long. I wouldn't mind seeing the angle KD is talking about, but how will that keep me entertained for three hours?

I can't watch RAW anymore live. Smackdown is a casualty of my fatigue caused by RAW, and NXT I like, but I keep forgetting to watch it, or don't have time because I try to keep up with RAW.

They won't do it, but they gotta go back to 2 Hours. I hope USA takes it away. But they won't either. I mean what do you think they want, an extra hour of NCIS or an extra hour of RAW? lol

I'm keeping HHH on camera, but am transitioning him to a more neutral role. I'm trying to establish an actual villain - knowing that the smarks will cheer him. I'm trying to get some actual sympathy on my babyface that no one currently likes. I'm getting some new blood in, and am getting the dirt sheets to forget the fact that Lesnar just bailed.

How many people did I steal from in that angle?

By the way, you can let HHH be douchy in a way that is actually positive in the angle I came up with. He broke your face. Big deal. You have more important things to deal with. If you want to fight him, you can quit us and go wrestle in a parking lot off a county road.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother