Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0824/599908/more-on-huge-wwe-night-of-champions-main-event/

Source: WWE

WWE has confirmed that Sting vs. Seth Rollins at WWE Night of Champions will be for the WWE World Heavyweight Title. Apparently Rollins will not be putting the United States Title on the line in this match. WWE wrote the following on their website for the match:

The Vigilante, Sting, is back, and he's coming for Seth Rollins' WWE World Heavyweight Title.

For the first time in his legendary career, The Man Called Sting will challenge for WWE's top prize, as he gets set to face The Architect Sunday, Sept. 20 at WWE Night of Champions, live on WWE Network... A six-time WCW World Champion, Sting has never before challenged for a title in WWE, let alone the WWE World Heavyweight Title, but he has been a recurring threat to The Authority. Starting with his WWE debut at last year's Survivor Series — during which he helped oust Triple H& Stephanie from power, albeit briefly—and culminating with his ruining of Rollins' celebration, Sting has repeatedly made his presence felt.

So let me get this straight, Sting, who hasn't wrestled or been seen since WM, has just been waiting for 5 months to get back at the Authority?

I'm not sure what's worse, Taker seeking revenge after 18 months or Sting coming out of no where 5 months later.

And I love the Dudley Boyz, but what's their point?

"AARP Presents, WWE Night of Champions"

So let me get this straight, Sting, who hasn't wrestled or been seen since WM, has just been waiting for 5 months to get back at the Authority?

I'm not sure what's worse, Taker seeking revenge after 18 months or Sting coming out of no where 5 months later.

And I love the Dudley Boyz, but what's their point?

"AARP Presents, WWE Night of Champions"

All of those points are valid, but WWE up until recently had been struggling really bad on the ratings side.  They were getting ratings lower than they would during peak Monday Night Football season.  Whenever they see ratings like that, they tend to rely on the most reliable thing they have, which is past stars.  I haven't seen the ratings lately for Raw, but I imagine that since Undertaker came back several weeks ago, they've probably had a spike in ratings, and they wanted to save their best for the night after Summerslam, which is usually the biggest Raw of the year, next to the night after Wrestlemania.

They put themselves in that position after years of neglecting to push newer stars, but when you see your weekly ratings fail to even get to a 3.0, and reality shows are consistently beating you head to head, you tend to panic.

All of those points are valid, but WWE up until recently had been struggling really bad on the ratings side.  They were getting ratings lower than they would during peak Monday Night Football season.  Whenever they see ratings like that, they tend to rely on the most reliable thing they have, which is past stars.  I haven't seen the ratings lately for Raw, but I imagine that since Undertaker came back several weeks ago, they've probably had a spike in ratings, and they wanted to save their best for the night after Summerslam, which is usually the biggest Raw of the year, next to the night after Wrestlemania.

They put themselves in that position after years of neglecting to push newer stars, but when you see your weekly ratings fail to even get to a 3.0, and reality shows are consistently beating you head to head, you tend to panic.

Edited by samy316

Bubba Ray seems to have gotten back out of the shape he got into in TNA. TNA heel Bubba Ray wasn't bad. And WWE needs more guys that can carry a promo in the ring.

Sting loses his only match, pops out of a box and before the night is out, gets rewarded with a title shot on a PPV. Even though the Authority and Champ were disgusted by his actions. Seems legit.

Edited by justice98

Sting loses his only match, pops out of a box and before the night is out, gets rewarded with a title shot on a PPV. Even though the Authority and Champ were disgusted by his actions. Seems legit.

We hate that you ruined our ceremony, but we'll go ahead and give you want you want anyway!

• Like 1

This doesn't help Sting at all. But this might be where Taker finishes his heel turn and costs Sting the title.

He CAN'T win.

On the list of things Taker would need to do to turn heel, nut shotting Lesnar and costing Sting aren't gonna do it. He'd have to be more heinous than that. He's unbooable right now.

We hate that you ruined our ceremony, but we'll go ahead and give you want you want anyway!

The Horsemen wouldn't have played these games, they would've been waiting to jump him in the parking lot for embarassing the champ. Those were the days. In 2015, it's all what's best for business.

Devon just turned 43. Buh Buh Ray is 44. That's really not that ancient in WWE terms. 

That said..Dudley Boys. Meh.

That seems impossible.

I always liked the Dudleys but I like any tag team that dresses alike and does real double team moves.

I have nothing against older wrestlers on a roster. I have nothing against older wrestlers getting pushed. Dustin Rhodes was the best thing on Raw for months...whenever the hell he was the best thing on Raw.  (Was that within the last year? I've lost track of time).

I never like "here's a whole bunch of old dudes because we have no other ideas" booking however.

I just want tag team wrestling to be a thing again. If the Dudleys can help re-educate the fans on how tag team wrestling is supposed to work, I'm all for it.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother
  • Like 1

That seems impossible.

I always liked the Dudleys but I like any tag team that dresses alike and does real double team moves.

I have nothing against older wrestlers on a roster. I have nothing against older wrestlers getting pushed. Dustin Rhodes was the best thing on Raw for months...whenever the hell he was the best thing on Raw. (Was that within the last year? I've lost track of time).

I never like "here's a whole bunch of old dudes because we have no other ideas" booking however.

I just want tag team wrestling to be a thing again. If the Dudleys can help re-educate the fans on how tag team wrestling is supposed to work, I'm all for it.

It's funny how a team whose heyday was 15 years ago is tasked with rejuvenating the tag team division. And this is on top of the last attempt WWE tried a couple years ago, when it was Team Hell No, the Rhodes Scholars, The Usos etc.

I just want them to stop ****ing up the divas revolution thing

Nikki dead ass said that "Wins and Losses don't matter" last night

The crowd is begging for Sasha and WWE keeps banging their heads with this team bull****

Sasha was legitimately one of the big winners to come out of Summerslam weekend, and WWE's brilliant idea was to put her on ice for the mega post-SS RAW where the crowd was ready to go nuts for her. Well played WWE.

I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to the old timers. I like seeing the wrestlers of yesteryear because quite frankly today's generation have zero mic skills and like it or not that is a big selling point with the fans.

I like seeing the old timers, but just not wrestling. Promos, backstage segments, the occasional physicality, all good. Actual one on one matches. Not so much.

But early-mid 40s is still within the acceptable range for most guys who keep in decent shape to be entertaining in the ring.