Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

16 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I hate messing with cooleyfan all the time, but I cant help it sometimes. I swear he's one of them cats who's parents waited til he was like 12 to tell him Santa wasn't real...

Reminds me of my little sister getting to point of yanking her teeth out to get money from the tooth fairy and our parents telling her she wasnt real to try and stop her.

9 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I used to take adderall as a teenager, why you scared to take it?  If I knew then what I know now...

I dunno, it just seems really strong and I don't want to have to rely on it.  I started school which is the only reason I asked for it.  I'd like to try to get by and concentrate without it.  Only 10 mgs but still.  Once the really difficult papers and exams start I'll probably take some.

13 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I dunno, it just seems really strong and I don't want to have to rely on it.  I started school which is the only reason I asked for it.  I'd like to try to get by and concentrate without it.  Only 10 mgs but still.  Once the really difficult papers and exams start I'll probably take some.

Strattera is non-stimulant, if that bothers you.  I was diagnosed ADHD, but I think that was a misdiagnosis because at that age I was too young to realize that was jus tip of the iceberg.  I got through bachelors without it, and stopped meds period halfway during my masters, will be done in December. 

I wont say you should or shouldnt take meds, but I can recommend working on whatever tricks you developed to deal with that up to this point, as I did, you'll need them anyway. Big one was understanding that goals needed plans and, plans are steps, and not all plans are created equal.  If a step looks huge, break into smaller steps or accept it's too big and replace it with something more realistic.  Write it down if that makes it easier, trying to do too much isnt the same as not being able to finish what your start.

Some plans stop making sense once you get in it, focus on the goal, change the plan when neccesary, I pace a lot so i put talk to text on my tablet to knock out papers.  The question for me stopped being did I need the meds but were the side effects worth it.  Theres a lot more that goes into staying focused then drugs, and for real homework can get boring, the only drugs that help with that problem can make the assignments take longer (depending on your tolerance) : )

1 minute ago, Chew said:

I need live feeds of the Area 51 raid tomorrow.  

So you're this guy?

“We’re here to see the people and look at the pretty young girls I used to have when I was that age.” 

Storm Area 51 fans setting up camp in desert Nevada

People have begun arriving in the Nevada desert ahead of “Alienstock” and a number of “Storm Area 51"-related events scheduled to take place to this weekend, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reports.

According to the local publication, a number of campers have begun putting up tents and setting up camp near Rachel, a small town in Lincoln County that was recorded to have a population of 54 in the 2010 census. 

Footage captured by the newspaper shows people gathering in RVs and pickup trucks close to Route 375.

Alienstock, an extraterrestrial-themed musical festival, is reportedly scheduled to take place from Thursday to Sunday in Lincoln County, which is home to the famed Area 51 Air Force base. Another event called “Area 51 Basecamp” will reportedly take place in Hiko from Friday to Saturday. 

“We came out here camping, to ride the machines, because it sounded like a cool event,” one camper, 64-year-old Ken Faulhaver, told the paper. “We’re here to see the people and look at the pretty young girls I used to have when I was that age.” 

“I hope they play something of my era. We’re going to buy some merchandise and some beer. We’re here for the spectacle,” Faulhaver, who is from Las Vegas, also said, while adding, “I’m hoping they [aliens] show up. Come on, [aliens], and join the party.” 

Click on the link for the full article

44yo me has a hard time with mid week concerts. Saw Mumford last night and now trying to mainline coffee and Cherry Pepsi to make it through the early morning.

Mumford was ****ing amazing again. Love those dudes.

Two of my favorite bands...Mumford doing a National cover from an unplugged show awhile back...

Now I just need to see the National live and knock that off the bucket list (along with GnR, 2cellos, and Rodrigo y Gabriela).

On 9/19/2019 at 1:11 AM, Renegade7 said:

I've had enough.  I'm trying to watch Matrix 2, cox wants to charge me to rent it, Amazon Prime wants to charge me to rent it, too, netflix doesnt have it.  I tried going legit, these streaming services lost track of the point we were trying to make.  I'm going back to kodi, I tried playing nice, now I'm getting played, two can play at that game. 

Obligatory xkcd

fanon-discontinuity_xkcd4_9883.png

The lady and I got our tickets to see Tool.  Grand total of $300 for upper Deck tickets diagonal from the stage.  Third row from the front of the upper deck.

This is the only band in my top 5 still performing, and one of two in my top 10.  The Stones, who are older than the solar system, are still doing it.

First time seeing them. I've had to hear about how great their concerts are, and watch cell phone video because they have no live DVDs.  Super pumped.

Archived