Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

4 hours ago, Chew said:

Not sure where else to put this, but the news is ****ing HUGE.  To all my fellow veterans that served during 9/11 and the years afterwards, we might be eligable for another 12 months of free tuition. 

I qualify for and used both the Montgomery GI Bill and the post-911 GI Bill, so this court ruling applies directly to me and thousands of other vets who served during the early days of the Iraq & Afghan wars.

The VA wouldn't DARE appeal this ruling.  

There probably is a better thread to discuss this but I don't know which one it would be.  Don't think it is worth it's own thread though.

As a soon-to-be vet, I don't see the issue with the either/or policy.  I joined under the MGIB and switched to the post-9/11 when it came out.  Either program provides enough benefits for a member to go from no college education to a bachelor's degree.  What am I missing that is unfair?

12 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Word Spiff,

I can count on one hand how much I get fast food a year.  I'm stocking up at the grocery store once every week or two.  Right now I have four slabs of chicken breast boiling in a pot. 100% whole wheat bread, toasting and yeah I'll add some sauces and some cheese. But you best believe, as a white man, this chicken ain't seasoned.

💯

11 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'll get a Wendy's triple, kfc or some Indian 5-6 times a mont, but I largely cook my own stuff. Cheaper and honestly more flavorful sometimes. Usually pick up a pack of chicken, fish, or do turkey burgers. Got an entire book of dishes at this point but when its just me those are my go to's. I'll usually follow it up with some salad, steamed broccoli or cabbage, and some rice or beans

I'll still get some fast food, usually a burger but I take the bun off.  No fries.  I've cut out carbs, sugar.  Call it Keto, Atkins, whatever, it's worked.  

Gotta step up your chicken game @d0ublestr0ker0ll just cause you're white doesn't mean you can't season chicken.  Sheesh.

5 hours ago, Chew said:

Not sure where else to put this, but the news is ****ing HUGE.  To all my fellow veterans that served during 9/11 and the years afterwards, we might be eligable for another 12 months of free tuition. 

I qualify for and used both the Montgomery GI Bill and the post-911 GI Bill, so this court ruling applies directly to me and thousands of other vets who served during the early days of the Iraq & Afghan wars.

The VA wouldn't DARE appeal this ruling.  

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/2019/09/03/court-ruling-could-give-veterans-an-extra-year-of-gi-bill-benefits/

I heard Doc was giving you a free education on Call of Duty on the regular. Until you dropped out "to have kids".

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

There probably is a better thread to discuss this but I don't know which one it would be.  Don't think it is worth it's own thread though.

As a soon-to-be vet, I don't see the issue with the either/or policy.  I joined under the MGIB and switched to the post-9/11 when it came out.  Either program provides enough benefits for a member to go from no college education to a bachelor's degree.  What am I missing that is unfair?

That's exactly where I was with it.  I don't remember any sort of general "veterans random thread," because I would've been active in it.  Not sure there is a general "higher education" thread either.  And like you said, this info isn't worth its own thread LOL

I used all three years of my Montgomery GI in 2008.   Then I applied for Post-911 in 2015 to see what happened, and was pleasantly surprised that the VA approved me for three more years.  I finished my MBA and only have 60 days left of Post-911, so figured I was done with school for good.   But if Uncle Sam wants to pay for 100% of classes for an additional 12 months, guess I'll at least start an MPM to get that free money. 

I served, so I earned it.  **** it.   :headbang:

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

I heard Doc was giving you a free education on Call of Duty on the regular. Until you dropped out "to have kids".

Doc couldn't hold my jock strap in video games.  I think I first ran Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 with Doc back in 2009.  Me and the homies I rolled with would just use Doc as a decoy

2 hours ago, Chew said:

Doc couldn't hold my jock strap in video games.  I think I first ran Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 with Doc back in 2009.  Me and the homies I rolled with would just use Doc as a decoy

Pretty sure I took the decoy spot when I was running with y'all in Battlefield :rofl89: Well, at least from the K/D ratio, I usually was in the top 5 on total points and most importantly, wins.  I'll run with y'all again in the new CoD.

#objectivewhoresunited

5 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Pretty sure I took the decoy spot when I was running with y'all in Battlefield :rofl89: Well, at least from the K/D ratio, I usually was in the top 5 on total points and most importantly, wins.  I'll run with y'all again in the new CoD.

#objectivewhoresunited

LOL, the Battlefield chaos was fun.  

The Modern Warfare looks legit.  I'd love to put together an ES crew, but I'm not sure we're deep enough on PS4.  Especially since @Dr. Do Itch Big sold out and said he was "too grown" to play video games.  :( 

12 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

It's the Devil. God would never approve of such fried, lustful machinations...

At first, I read that as lustful Munchausen's and immediately thought of my ex-girlfriend.

7 hours ago, Chew said:

I've been playing modern warfare 2 spec ops lately. One of the best one player experiences ever.

9 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Gotta step up your chicken game @d0ublestr0ker0ll just cause you're white doesn't mean you can't season chicken.  Sheesh.

What is "season chicken"?  How am I supposed to put spring, summer, fall or winter on chicken?  

26 minutes ago, Chew said:

The Modern Warfare looks legit.  I'd love to put together an ES crew, but I'm not sure we're deep enough on PS4.  Especially since @Dr. Do Itch Big sold out and said he was "too grown" to play video games.  :( 

If someone ever does a colonial version of that, where you can form ranks, fire cannons, fire muskets, flintlocks and go at each other with swords and such, I'd be up for it.

Standard pvp co-op shoot em ups are kind of boring to me.

29 minutes ago, Chew said:

You slut. I’m buy this game and you probably won’t even play. You be like I don’t like it cuz, **** weak 

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

If someone ever does a colonial version of that, where you can form ranks, fire cannons, fire muskets, flintlocks and go at each other with swords and such, I'd be up for it.

Standard pvp co-op shoot em ups are kind of boring to me.

I understand but I'd imagine it'd be boring to play a video game where you gotta wait 30 seconds between musket shots.

56 minutes ago, Chew said:

We can just roll with us and your friends (Keith and dem other guys).  

Archived