Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

11 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

OK, can we all agree that there's no such thing as a sweet onion? 

I've never cooked with them because I like real onion flavor. Hubby likes 'em & brought a bag of 'em home yesterday. 

Either it's an onion that tastes like an onion or it's not an onion. 😡

Surely, some onions are sweeter than others?

3 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

OK, can we all agree that there's no such thing as a sweet onion? 

I've never cooked with them because I like real onion flavor. Hubby likes 'em & brought a bag of 'em home yesterday. 

Either it's an onion that tastes like an onion or it's not an onion. 😡

I like sweet onions if raw. Cooked they fall apart. I use yellow onions for cooking.

Was in the nosebleeds (really an awesome sightview still) but that Metallica S&M2 show last night was ****ing amazeballs. Nothing like it for me..ever (and I saw them acoustic last year). 

What a performance. But..gotta say..Hetfield growing his hair long again has added about 10 more years on him. The dude is looking extra rough.

A blurry one...again..nosebleeds. 😁🤘

dIWVD5vr.jpg

My daughter is at the urgent care center because of paper wasp stings. I'm so ****ing angry at myself. I parked next to a bush on the side where the car seat goes and I didn't pick up the car seat all the way over it so it bumped up against a nest that my wife didn't see on the way out. I don't know how she missed it, they were everywhere, but it happened. 

The nest fell in the seat and I picked it up with my bare hands and threw it. Amazingly, I never got stung, but she got stung about 10 times. If she had been allergic, she probably would be dead. Thankfully, neither her mother nor I are allergic, so her genetics were in her favor on this one. 

I'm shook. I was sitting in the office crying and the doctor looked at me like I was going overboard. I was more upset than my kid. But the sound of her crying because of something stupid I did...how do we get through this **** without losing it? My wife told me over and over that I did nothing wrong, but I really did and the memory is traumatic as hell. 

My daughter is going to live though. Nothing out of the ordinary happened. She's being monitored for another half hour and being sent home with some baby ibuprofen or whatever. 

My dad once tossed me in the pool once just playing around when I was real little, and I nearly drowned. Hit him hard too, but you live and learn.

I don't have kids, but I imagine every parent, young and old, has regrettable stories like that. I think the bottom line is that it sounds like your kid is gonna be ok (which is good, really good).

Bigger issue imo is whether or not you let this drag you into the abyss rather than exhale, dust yourself off, thank your lucky stars it wasnt catastrophic, and just try to be more mindful next time.

Yeah, I mirror Sinister's thoughts.  Life is one giant lesson.

Burned my hands horribly on the oven, fell into a deep hole filled with water on the beach, bit on the face by our Akita... Mom and dad both speak regrettably about it, but I always say it made all of us wiser.

I actually attribute a lot of my sense of dog behavior to being bit in the face by that savage beast at a young age. Still have the scar, will forever.

Glad your daughter is okay. On to the next day.

Archived