Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Young, hungry, Metal Tool is tough to beat.  Saw them open for Slayer and Biohazard on this tour.

1994...good times.

Aenima, Lateralus, and 10,000 Days definitely overshadow Undertow in a very tragic manner.

Undertow is such a groovy album. Metal groove music.  Swamp Song is my jam.

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Ok, so there's a song called Chocolate Chip Trip?

Not passing judgement...not passing judgment.  Going to walk to my car soon, put on the album and give it a good honest listen and drive home...

NOOO!

You have to listen to it with headphones on 11.  And then listen to it a few dozen times.  That's probably why you don't like the song Fear Inoculum.

Wait til 2022, "That song is brilliant."

1 minute ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

NOOO!

You have to listen to it with headphones on 11.  And then listen to it a few dozen times.  That's probably why you don't like the song Fear Inoculum.

Wait til 2022, "That song is brilliant."

I hear ya, I really do but...man, I just want a song like 46 & 2 or Vicarious to kick me in the face and take over my life.  I don't want to have to listen to something a few dozen times to "get it."

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

I hear ya, I really do but...man, I just want a song like 46 & 2 or Vicarious to kick me in the face and take over my life.  I don't want to have to listen to something a few dozen times to "get it."

Word, I can't wait to hear a song that kicks me in the face.  Then I can go back and appreciate the logistic type of methodical music they produce. 

WOOAAAHHHHH

Danny, Adam, and Justin are so amazingly in snyc in this album.

Again, it's just so progressive that you can't get a feel for the song.

From the musician standpoint, that's awesome. From the wanting to groove standpoint, it's tough.

I can see why Danny wanted this album to be one full song. I kind of wish they did that.

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Something is missing.  It’s just not heavy enough.

2 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Danny is still NASTY.  Good Lord.

I think what's happening is that the songs float around so much that there's no real signature to them.  This is extremely progressive s***.

I agree with both takes.  

I liked it.  It's good.  But it never really takes off anywhere.  Maynard's vocals never soar like they do on Vicarious, they never get angry like on Hooker With a Penis.  

Just when you think they're about to kick it into overdrive and lay down some really heavy ****, it changes direction.  The musicianship is still top notch.  I like it, it's still Tool, just a little different.  Very progressive, I agree.

3 hours ago, China said:

Initial impressions, Chocolate Chip Trip sucks

Hooolllldddd uppppp....

The first real drum solo on an album by Danny Carey sucks?

This is obviously an ode to Billy Cobham from the Mahavishnu Orchestra.  One of the greatest drummers ever.

****ing phenomenal.

Fast forward 1 minute 20 seconds for the real sauce.

On 8/7/2019 at 7:37 PM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Edit:  Nobody gives a **** about Gonzaga football, high school team from DC included.  And there is a college football thread to discuss nobody giving a **** about said Gonzaga college football.  If there were a high school football thread, I'm sure nobody would give a **** about Gonzaga high school football in that thread either.

On 8/7/2019 at 8:57 PM, Kosher Ham said:

I don't think that is the crack is referring to. Reference some of riggo-toni pictures. 

Even less people give a **** about Gonzaga HS.

Boyz, it’s time.

3ADE51EE-9089-417A-AE98-436D8E1AD512.jpeg

Archived