Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

36 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

Did any of you guys find the first "It" movie scary? I laughed a couple of times, but mostly I was just bored. Never, for one second, scared.

Anyway, the second movie is coming out, reviews are kind of lukewarm, definitely going to pass. 

It’s okay to admit you’re scared of clowns.

8 minutes ago, Chew said:

The 'roids.  Insomnia is a major side effect of steroids.  

Doc in the RTT at 3:00 AM while we're all asleep:

Mark McGwire and Barry Bonds be at our boy Doc's apartment for an intervention, telling him to ease up on the 'roids.

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

This **** is so stupid. They should just discontinue the dumb sandwich to save people from themselves.

I can't imagine a sandwich being that good.  I mean, I'm sure it's good but at this point I think people are after them just to say they had one and you didn't.

Been eating clean since January, down 60 lbs.  There would have been a time where I'd have been trying like a mother****er to find that sandwich but not anymore.  Going to wait a long time after the hype has died down to see what the fuss is all about.  

Word Spiff,

I can count on one hand how much I get fast food a year.  I'm stocking up at the grocery store once every week or two.  Right now I have four slabs of chicken breast boiling in a pot. 100% whole wheat bread, toasting and yeah I'll add some sauces and some cheese. But you best believe, as a white man, this chicken ain't seasoned.

💯

I'll get a Wendy's triple, kfc or some Indian 5-6 times a mont, but I largely cook my own stuff. Cheaper and honestly more flavorful sometimes. Usually pick up a pack of chicken, fish, or do turkey burgers. Got an entire book of dishes at this point but when its just me those are my go to's. I'll usually follow it up with some salad, steamed broccoli or cabbage, and some rice or beans

Not sure where else to put this, but the news is ****ing HUGE.  To all my fellow veterans that served during 9/11 and the years afterwards, we might be eligable for another 12 months of free tuition. 

I qualify for and used both the Montgomery GI Bill and the post-911 GI Bill, so this court ruling applies directly to me and thousands of other vets who served during the early days of the Iraq & Afghan wars.

The VA wouldn't DARE appeal this ruling.  

A recent federal court decisioncould dramatically expand veterans education benefits by allowing them an extra year of tuition assistance if they qualify for both the Post-9/11 GI Bill program and the older Montgomery GI Bill payouts.

Veterans Affairs officials have not yet decided if they will appeal the ruling, which if put in effect would impact tens of thousands of veterans and run a price tag into hundreds of millions of dollars. Education groups are watching the legal fight closely because of those potential ramifications.

The decision, from the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claimsearlier this month, found the Department of Veterans Affairs practice of making veterans relinquish their Montgomery GI Bill eligibility in order to receive Post-9/11 GI Bill payouts is improper. Department officials in the past have argued that move is necessary to ensure veterans aren’t duplicating benefits.

But in a 2-1 decision, the judicial panel ruled that federal language prohibiting such “double-dipping” more appropriately means that “someone may not receive assistance from more than one program during a single month, semester, or other applicable pay period, but may switch freely between programs.”

As a result, if veterans are eligible for both programs, they should receive payouts from both, just not simultaneously, the decision said

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/2019/09/03/court-ruling-could-give-veterans-an-extra-year-of-gi-bill-benefits/

Archived