Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

7 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Aside from the fact that they're designed to see how you'll fit within their team/wotkplace/group, etc, those are the most important questions.

It can be a window into a person's character, and is meant to see how well you'll respond in various situations that go beyond being qualified according to a piece of paper.

It's more important obviously for jobs where you're dealing directly with clients and such, but everyone wants to know they're hiring someone who at least appears like they're on point with everything.

You know what is a better window into someone's character?  Just a normal conversation.  If you aren't autistic, you should be able to pick up on a thing or two about their personality.  No need for this wannabe Freudian bull****; leave the psychology to the professionals.  My introspections are for myself and my closest friends (and apparently random people on the Internet, but hey, we're anonymous), not some person in a suit looking for the upper hand in a negotiation.

21 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I think I’ve said this before, but it bears repeating.

The Sausage Egg McMuffin is the GOAT of McDonalds menu items.

Chik Fil A's Sausage Egg & Cheese makes my bawlz tingle. 

9 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Did you just call IT people JT's? :o

I don't get it :( 

42 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Semi-Pro gif

Damn bruh, not many movie references pass by you......the answer is in my response to his post.

24 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Semi-Pro gif

Ugh, my bad.

Pregnancy brain.  :( 

3 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Image result for semi pro jive turkey animated gif

Damn bruh, not many movie references pass by you......the answer is in my response to his post.

Got 'em!

We need to commemorate this moment. On this date, 8/24, Year of Our (Insert Supernatural Homie) 2018, the mighty Chewster and Ebert, who lived by the movie quote, died by the movie quote.

@Chew

1 hour ago, Chew said:

Yeah, most of yall IT bammas are weird. 

Cool, but jive weird. 

Yes, there's the "I was doing **** ain't got no business doing before IT" types like myself and BFF, and the "writing code in the womb" types that actually get frustrated people can't read Matrix code like they can. 

I've never played Magic a day in my life, but jokes aside, me remembering not knowing **** about IT makes me better support person because I can relate to not having heavy expectations of people.  I know people that ask where the start button is that can build a house around me where im standing, people that don't knit what I know but know sonething else aren't dumb in my book, I can't stand IT people that think otherwise. 

I still get easy questions that make me shake my yead, but if I can't explain in way they can understand, I've failed.  What's the point of being  that smart if you can't explain it or share it?

9 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Yep, never admit to anything that something can get you fired, and truth were looking to not only hear what it is but how you plan to or trying to address it. 

Way I would flip it if someone asked me that question now is how they can help me address it, like technical, do they have a Lynda.com account?  That's a segway into further education, that you want to, see their response, throw in you want it to help grow within the company, let them bring up tuition reimbursement, I wouldn't ask until after you have the job (me saying I wanted a masters and why triggered them bringing it uo, I didn't have to).

I don't think I've mastered the true answer that i work myself down to the bone too much. When I give examples it doesn't sound disingenuous, though you don't want to hint at stuff like recurring burn out first time talking to them voluntarily.

my biggest ****ing weakness is how much i utterly loathe pulp leadership-management psychology bull****, and any ****ing moron that even begins to slither down that road.   my biggest weakness is that i am NOT going to punch you in the ****ing mouth for asking such a ****-sticker loser ass question.    

<i didn't get the job....but i should have>

26 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

my biggest ****ing weakness is how much i utterly loathe pulp leadership-management psychology bull****, and any ****ing moron that even begins to slither down that road.   my biggest weakness is that i am NOT going to punch you in the ****ing mouth for asking such a ****-sticker loser ass question.    

<i didn't get the job....but i should have>

Meh, I always took them questions to flesh out if they look at promoting you down the road or leaving you at the position you applied for.  Depending in what it is, employeers expect growth over comfortability.

I'm wired weird anyway, I've already told yall I plan to adjunct teach college courses after I finish my masters.  I've done the bat cave IT work before for years already

I brought up in my job that I want to do continuing education credits program to help limit the number of certs I have to take again to recertify.  Swear three guys including two managers came up to me with three different websites to watch webinars that they jus let run in the background to get the credits they need, jus tune em out completely most times.  When I called them on it, I felt like Ethan Hawke in Training Day...in a nice way.

"Just take the money, Jake, the fellas will feel more comfortable if you do."

I ain't no snitch, and honestly, this feels so "normal" that it wouldn't matter if it did. I'm sad now.

Single secretary in my office.

2-3 years ago when I was separated from my lady, we had a flirting thing going. At least I thought we did but its hard to tell if its real/mutual or you are just seeing something that isnt really there. She would make it a point to come hang over my shoulder to see something on my monitor or if I was standing at a co-workers door talking to them while they were at their desk, she would come and stand real close to me to join in the convo. The flirting stuff kinda stopped when my lady moved back in.

I need a call on these 2 recent happenings:

1. Last week I was coming into the office on Sunday to catch up on some things (I would be alone) and she said "call me if you want some company". She does work weekends occasionally. 

2. Today she said she had a dream where me and her were making food in the kitchen and we were waiting for my daughter to come home.

Is she hitting on me or am I making these innocent incidents into something they really arent?

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I can’t follow your train of thought. 

The higher ups in my field constantly complain to anyone that will listen that there are too many people that have peices of paper they shouldn't have, saying skills they don't have, and being too strict on demanding people have these peices of paper over the skillsets needed to get the job.  Too many people cheating leaves too many people that don't know what theyre doing with people that are left outside looking in.  I take pride in not being a paper chaser, gimme a keyboard, I'll show you.  

I don't like having a peice of paper that says I know how to do something I don't know how to do.  I don't like sitting next to some that can't tie their shoes with same peice of paper as me. I'm disappointed that any level of management would condone a process designed to make sure our certifications match the changing landscape of a field that is never stagnant.  They might as well look away while people jus outright cheat, and jus like in college they only cheating themselves, but in the field they are cheating people who they are supposed to be protecting. We are not as safe as we could or should be because of it.

36 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Single secretary in my office.

2-3 years ago when I was separated from my lady, we had a flirting thing going. At least I thought we did but its hard to tell if its real/mutual or you are just seeing something that isnt really there. She would make it a point to come hang over my shoulder to see something on my monitor or if I was standing at a co-workers door talking to them while they were at their desk, she would come and stand real close to me to join in the convo. The flirting stuff kinda stopped when my lady moved back in.

I need a call on these 2 recent happenings:

1. Last week I was coming into the office on Sunday to catch up on some things (I would be alone) and she said "call me if you want some company". She does work weekends occasionally. 

2. Today she said she had a dream where me and her were making food in the kitchen and we were waiting for my daughter to come home.

Is she hitting on me or am I making these innocent incidents into something they really arent?

Sounds like she's hitting on you, especially if she's offering to come hang with you at the office on the weekend.

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

The higher ups in my field constantly complain to anyone that will listen that there are too many people that have peices of paper they shouldn't have, saying skills they don't have, and being too strict on demanding people have these peices of paper over the skillsets needed to get the job.  Too many people cheating leaves too many people that don't know what theyre doing with people that are left outside looking in.  I take pride in not being a paper chaser, gimme a keyboard, I'll show you.  

I don't like having a peice of paper that says I know how to do something I don't know how to do.  I don't like sitting next to some that can't tie their shoes with same peice of paper as me. I'm disappointed that any level of management would condone a process designed to make sure our certifications match the changing landscape of a field that is never stagnant.  They might as well look away while people jus outright cheat, and jus like in college they only cheating themselves, but in the field they are cheating people who they are supposed to be protecting. We are not as safe as we could or should be because of it.

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Mr. Pink, shut her down, treat her professionally. She's hitting on you, she's probably between relationships and wants you again. 

This is spot on. (And it'll work for her if you let it.)

As LSF said, shut her down. You don't have to be mean, but when she's close, scoot a little. If she should ever confront you about it, just say "Well, I'm attached & don't want any misunderstandings. "...after all, that would be the truth...right? 

Archived