Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

14 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

How long have you've been rocking that sig? Joint is mean. I'm hoping they use either Dr.Doom or Mr.Sinister for the next MCU Super Villain.

I have sigs turned off at work and exclusively use mobile when not working, so I honestly forgot what mine looked like (still thought I had the RATM sig) :ols:

Decided to change it up, and go back to my roots. I hope they roll with him too, but I'm not getting my hopes up (though if the MCU does it, they could do it right, not like all the other Marvel movies that screwed up what I wanted... the latest being Cable).

Doom would probably be the more likely of the two though, since he is an penultimate arch villain, and a presence in several superhero universes.

Nate Essex is the baddest man to walk the planet though. Can't nobody tell me nothing to change my mind.

23 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I have sigs turned off at work and exclusively use mobile when not working, so I honestly forgot what mine looked like (still thought I had the RATM sig) :ols:

Me too.  I challenged somebody back in the Cult of Colt to a sig bet, knowing full well if I lost, it cost me nothing because I never saw anybody's sigs.  Corresponding, I wouldn't win anything either.  

I think the terms were in 2009, dude bet me that Colt would have a better season than JC.  Then Colt went on IR, and I won the bet outright.  But the bet was "evergreen." What we agreed on is every year that Colt had a better year than JC, I'd have to have some dopey "I love Colt" sig, and every year it was the opposite, he had to have a gif I made him that was "My man-crush has obscured the obvious" in front of a picture of Brennan lying on the beach or something. I was never a JC fan, but I could tell immedidately that JC was at least a competent NFL backup, and Brennan was destined for rehab.  In reality, he should still have that sig up.... (I'm sure he's gone, I don't remember who it was. I am so glad that cast of Hawaii dopes is no longer hanging around.)

Been dragging my heels but finally got taxes (almost) filed for 2016. It's pending review by a tax pro. In a fortunate twist of fate, we (fingers crossed) should be getting a massive return. Usually set it so we get little, nothing, or owe a little. But we had some concerns going into 2017 so we sandbagged—and we (may) have over sandbagged. 

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Me too.  I challenged somebody back in the Cult of Colt to a sig bet, knowing full well if I lost, it cost me nothing because I never saw anybody's sigs.  Corresponding, I wouldn't win anything either.  

I think the terms were in 2009, dude bet me that Colt would have a better season than JC.  Then Colt went on IR, and I won the bet outright.  But the bet was "evergreen." What we agreed on is every year that Colt had a better year than JC, I'd have to have some dopey "I love Colt" sig, and every year it was the opposite, he had to have a gif I made him that was "My man-crush has obscured the obvious" in front of a picture of Brennan lying on the beach or something. I was never a JC fan, but I could tell immedidately that JC was at least a competent NFL backup, and Brennan was destined for rehab.  In reality, he should still have that sig up.... (I'm sure he's gone, I don't remember who it was. I am so glad that cast of Hawaii dopes is no longer hanging around.)

Jesus. Those arguments are what caused me to flee to the Tailgate permanently, lol. Sometimes I still hear BrandonLloydChristmas whispering in my ear, like some kind of evil ghost. 

8 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Jesus. Those arguments are what caused me to flee to the Tailgate permanently, lol. Sometimes I still hear BrandonLloydChristmas whispering in my ear, like some kind of evil ghost. 

I'll be honest, if there was as diverse a range of topics to go on in the stadium, I'd be in there more then the tailgate.  Stadium perpetually has periods where there's so little going on circle jerks are just inevitable.  

"I said that 20 pages ago!"

"Well I'm not reading 20 pages back."

20 pages later...

Rinse, wash, and repeat.

Being a fanatic is fine by me, I just gotta take it in doses now, and not let myself get sucked into arguing against retarded positions, same as tailgate.

Archived