Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Did you guys expect more from Taco Bell?  Last time I ate there was back in 2001 or early 2002, only because my manager wanted it and sent me to get carry-out for everyone for dinner that night.  I got two bean and cheese burritos, no onions (those ****ing onions they had back in the day were nasty af).  

Speaking of onions and Taco Bell, funny story about that back when I was in high school.  After school, everyone used to hit up the TB.  I was a senior, dating my wife and we headed out there one fine spring day after school.  Drive thru was always packed, same with inside.  So we waited a while, I order our food and my part of the order was two bean burritos, no onions and a Mexican pizza (man I used to love those).   

Well, they were notorious for ****ing up carry-out/drive-thru orders.  In fact the previous 2 or 3 times I had ordered that exact same order, I'd get back to work or home only to bite into my burrito and be welcomed by a mouthful of those nasty AF onions.  So I pull up to the window, pay, get our food.  This time, I pulled out one of the burritos and the drive-thru girl was like is there something wrong, I was like, you better hope not.

Open it up, mother ****ing onions.  So I yelled, "I said no ****ing onions!" at her and then threw it and smashed it on the drive thru window.  Took out the other one, looked, had onions, did the same.  My wife just sat there with this whole, WTF is wrong with my boyfriend look on her face :ols: .  There were like 10 cars behind me blowing their horns as I drove away and watched refried beans slowly dripping off the drive-thru window.

The stupid, immature things I did back then...........ah the memories.

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

I think it's chipwhich. I've been reading a lot more than posting lately, and I just skip over his posts. He hasn't called me out again yet, if it is him.

How's everyone? I haven't even commented on anything because I hate typing on my phone. ?

I do too, but don't remember him acting that extreme before his disappearance.  Which is why I think it's more of an FU account to get reactions from people.  I'm good, just work going on.  Tazette's 10th BDay party is this Saturday, should be fun.  We hated having to do it this weekend due to Easter and a lot of people traveling out of town or receiving family visiting, but it was the only one that worked with my wife and parents schedules.  How have you been?

Just now, mark327 said:

Come on man their  $1 breakfast menu is BEAST. Not kidding here :headbang:

I eat there at least once a week 

:)

I ain't gonna lie, at times I get a craving for a Mexican pizza and bean burritos.  I got burned there and sick twice in the past, last time was in college.  So I quit going, with exception of that one time in 2001 or early 2002.  

I did check out their breakfast menu and it didn't look bad at all, never tried it though.  And now, since I'm watching what I eat and eating healthier, that probably won't happen.  

Just now, skinfan2k said:

Taco Bell is ****ing amazing. The one on the strip in Vegas even has alochol.  

I have literally never heard the words Taco Bell and Amazing together in my life.  :rofl89:

@mark327  What's your go to breakfast of choice there?  

Seriously, just looking at the nutritional value of some menu items, do y'all realize how much salt and other bad stuff is in their food?  Eating there once a week probably isn't going to kill me/anyone, but dang.

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

Taco Bell was actually very good, and not that cheap, back in the 80s/90s.

Its way trashy now.  Not scared of a Meximelt from time to time, tho.

Very good in the 90s, sure.  Never great, much less "Amazing" :ols:

13 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

You do realize that Taco Bell is considered teh healthy fast food out there 

Sure, when compared to other fast food chains, but that's not really saying much.  Yes, it's cool they allow for customization and substitution on their menu now and have reduced their sodium use by 15% across the board.  

But still, one bean burrito contains almost 50% of the recommended daily sodium intake, after the decrease and updated menu, ingredients, etc.

36 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I have literally never heard the words Taco Bell and Amazing together in my life.  :rofl89:

@mark327  What's your go to breakfast of choice there?  

Seriously, just looking at the nutritional value of some menu items, do y'all realize how much salt and other bad stuff is in their food?  Eating there once a week probably isn't going to kill me/anyone, but dang.

Very good in the 90s, sure.  Never great, much less "Amazing" :ols:

1 bacon burrito 

1 sausage taco 

$2.12  :)

5 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

2k are high af? Who considers Taco Bell healthy. It’s like the most unhealthy **** on the planet. 

Well we all can't live off of protein shakes like you Hulk.  :bye:

Is it possible for someone to cash a check or deposit it if it's not made out to them?

A very trustworthy friend says that a check was mailed to her (most likely stolen out of her mailbox). It was cashed, but not by her. 

Whoever sent the check, said the money was already taken out and showed her a picture of the deposited/cashed check. 

Oklahoma just passed a stupid education bill to avoid a Monday Teacher strike. Now, I'm all for Teachers getting paid and education funding. But the fact they completely cut education costs years ago and replaced it with the Gambling revenue after it was legalized and taxed for the sole purpose of helping education funding. Where'd the previous money go? Who knows. How is Gambling revenue itself not enough? I work in that industry and I don't get it.

But what I do know is that a pack of cigarettes which is already taxed for education is going up another dollar. So a pack of smokes in Oklahoma is going to cost $8 now.  Could we not tax guns, soda, or fast food? Why continue to punish me for my vice? You might say, just quit smoking. It's healthier. You'll save money. To that I say. I live in Oklahoma. I'm probably in the minority of people that ONLY smoke cigarettes. (that was a meth joke)

Oh and obviously when I said tax fast food I would obviously exempt Taco Bell.

7 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Is it possible for someone to cash a check or deposit it if it's not made out to them?

A very trustworthy friend says that a check was mailed to her (most likely stolen out of her mailbox). It was cashed, but not by her. 

Whoever sent the check, said the money was already taken out and showed her a picture of the deposited/cashed check. 

Unfortunately, yes. If you can find out who cashed the check you can prosecute. Report immediately to the police. 

17 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Didn't know you could make a custom vegi meal.  Wonder why its not on their nutitional list (the salads that are on there are what I expected).  Most of their vegetarian items still have a stupid amount of salt:

https://www.tacobell.com/nutrition/info

Idk, I don't think I'd go to Taco Bell on the stand point of getting something healthy.

5 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

I read an article similar to the one you posted.  Not denying that they are one of the healthiest fast food chains.  Key words:  Fast Food  So sure, they might be healthier than say Wendy's, Burger King, etc. but it doesn't mean that overall the food is healthy or good for you.  It just means that if you're going to eat fast food, Taco Bell might be the healthier option over [insert fast food chain name here].  

I have to remind myself that you're younger than me.  So I'm to the point where I am now watching things like sodium intake, etc.  Even with their changes, it still has stuff that is bad for you.

1 minute ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I read an article similar to the one you posted.  Not denying that they are one of the healthiest fast food chains.  Key words:  Fast Food  So sure, they might be healthier than say Wendy's, Burger King, etc. but it doesn't mean that overall the food is healthy or good for you.  It just means that if you're going to eat fast food, Taco Bell might be the healthier option over [insert fast food chain name here].  

I have to remind myself that you're younger than me.  So I'm to the point where I am now watching things like sodium intake, etc.  Even with their changes, it still has stuff that is bad for you.

Plus i never get anything with Meat or chicken there, so most of the veggie stuff is good

3 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

And i have to remind myself that i am older then the both of you. :rofl89:

Do you drink protein shakes 

3 minutes ago, mark327 said:

And i have to remind myself that i am older then the both of you. :rofl89:

Do you drink protein shakes 

nah, I don't drink protein shakes.  Never have, don't plan to either.  I'm not saying that I'm a product of perfect health, by no means is that true :ols:

I just started eating healthier a while back (year ago) and slacked off this past Dec - Feb and got back on track the last couple of weeks.  But this time paying more attention to not only what I eat, but whats it includes, specifically sodium.  High blood pressure runs in the family and mine is higher than I want it to be, so I'm taking action. 

Hopefully soon I'll get back into the gym and exercise and get that worked into my routine.  And no a few high sodium meals won't kill anyone, so y'all enjoy your TB :cheers:

Just messing with you Taze. 

My daughter's have been doing a lot of the dinner meals lately . Chicken,  Fish,  vegetables.  Mexican dishes , Chinese,  Japanese,  ect. 

When we have spaghetti it isn't with pasta. It is made with either squash or zucchini. Actually pretty good that way and healthy .

Hell, I just realized that this is the most I have posted in like a year or more. ?

Archived