Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

12 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I propose we allow Ban by Democracy here on ES.  We should have a thread with a poll to decide if someone should be permanently banned after we get either:

A: a certain number of signatures, or

B: a thread with a poll asking for a certain number of votes to move to the level of having a thread to vote for an posters permanent ban

It should all be high enough that it can't be abused and pretty much unanimous approval. The process should need to be approved by the mods first for each step.  Ya'll know who I'm talking about and I'm starting to lose patience with the matter.

Dont let him get to you.  It’s what they want.  Yesterday I got behind in there, like 2 1/2 pages and clicked the star to go to the most recent post, saw that poster had ousted and knew the remaining pages would be cluttered with BS responses from them along with defending said posts, etc.  

9 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

If we did a Tailgate chain email/private message (like we did when Predicto got the Bob Seger  trolling of a lifetime 7-8 years ago) to get people to stop talking to him, the problem would go away easily. Unfortunately, not everyone would be on board, and all it would take is one quote to throw everything into a tailspin

I think the private messages are limited to four people.  

We we ever figure out what previous poster they were?  Chipwich?

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Dont let him get to you.  It’s what they want.  Yesterday I got behind in there, like 2 1/2 pages and clicked the star to go to the most recent post, saw that poster had ousted and knew the remaining pages would be cluttered with BS responses from them along with defending said posts, etc.  

I hear you.  I said I wasn't going to respond to him anymore in the religion thread and asked people not to either, but they kept on anyway.  I don't know what to do if that's the case outside of trying to reason with him if he won't go away and the mods won't step in.  

Just a reminder that I got a two-week vacation for calling Kirk “Captain Backfoot” and “Kirk Cutler” and pointing out that his 32 fumbles in 45 games started was a record-shattering pace.

I think the Mods have left us now.  Feels like Lord of the Flies around here these days.

9 hours ago, Corcaigh said:

The new first episode of the last season of The Americans tonight was damn good.

Please no spoilers. I no longer get FX channel and have to wait until it comes to Amazon Prime. 

What a great series! Absolutely riveting, story and performances.

15 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I hear you.  I said I wasn't going to respond to him anymore in the religion thread and asked people not to either, but they kept on anyway.  I don't know what to do if that's the case outside of trying to reason with him if he won't go away and the mods won't step in.  

I'm replying to his reply to my post about how he was acting, and it will be my last reply to him in there.  Unless he changes his tone, direction and stays on track with what the thread was about in the first place.  He knows exactly what he is doing, it seems to be a common theme/direction in just about all threads he is involved in. 

I know I can be and have been a big asshole at times in the past and trolled the Wiz thread a time or two along with getting into it with some other posters, but damn.  And I've caught a lot of **** on here from some posters in the past for no reason at all.  But the one thing I do, I own up to it and admit my mistakes and a lot of times, I'll reach out to someone I've pissed off or gotten into it with and apologize via PM.  

I totally get why you're fed up though.  

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I think the private messages are limited to four people.  

We we ever figure out what previous poster they were?  Chipwich?

Well that sucks, but I'm pretty sure that back then with the different software, that wasn't the case.

Don't know who the poster is. Lot of ****lets have been banned over the years. Hard to tell

After perusing through the thread to see what all the fuss was about, I'm starting to get an MSF vibe from dude. Not that he's MSF, but MSF would always go off the rails, then come back and tell a story about why he was the way he was, etc... Not that I ever felt sorry for him.

12 hours ago, Corcaigh said:

The new first episode of the last season of The Americans tonight was damn good.

****, I missed it.

British Netflix is WAAAAAAY better than American Netflix.  I just set up a VPN so I could get MLB.TV and get around MLB's blackout rules and happened to get on netflix to see if there was anything watching before the games started today.  They've got a bunch of good movies like John Wick, stuff from HBO and Starz (that 50 cent show Power) and a bunch of other stuff.  

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

****, I missed it.

British Netflix is WAAAAAAY better than American Netflix.  I just set up a VPN so I could get MLB.TV and get around MLB's blackout rules and happened to get on netflix to see if there was anything watching before the games started today.  They've got a bunch of good movies like John Wick, stuff from HBO and Starz (that 50 cent show Power) and a bunch of other stuff.  

So, how would one set up this VPN?  Asking for a friend.

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I personally enjoy that he relieved his weakness to us. I found a soft spot and I plan to keep tagging it. I can out troll the troll. 

But that may be immature. 

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

Sounds unsecured

Yeah, just google'd it and it sounds like you have to be careful as some of the VPN services out there can leak your personal data.  Definitely don't want that happening just to watch TV and especially when there is so much out there to watch that I already have access to.

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Got my volleyball league championship tonight, unfortunately we have to use three subs(aka half our team). The good news is, our subs might actually be better than the people they're replacing, LOL.

Hmm. Sounds sketchy! Sounds like some ringers just happened to stop by for the championship game. 

"Hey guy, these are our subs; Karch, Kent, and Mitch."

https://media1.giphy.com/media/l0G17Fp1jdq62ZltK/giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Llevron said:

I personally enjoy that he relieved his weakness to us. I found a soft spot and I plan to keep tagging it. I can out troll the troll. 

But that may be immature. 

He seems reasonable all the sudden, see how long that lasts.  You can't win a fight with a pig because they like to play in the mud, so I'd leave it alone unless he comes after you directly.

Random:   Ugh, nacho fries f'n suck.  Stay in your lane, Taco Bell

3 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Yeah, just google'd it and it sounds like you have to be careful as some of the VPN services out there can leak your personal data.  Definitely don't want that happening just to watch TV and especially when there is so much out there to watch that I already have access to.

That's different then buying a router that you can put a custom firmware on.  

Just now, Renegade7 said:

He seems reasonable all the sudden, see how long that lasts.  You can't win a fight with a pig because they like to play in the mud, so I'd leave it alone unless he comes after you directly.

@Llevron  Fellas, we have to assume that he is even telling the truth and not making it up just to get reactions/attention.  Literally, every thread he posts in (from the ones I've looked at at least) he seems to be the one that posts/replies with off-the-wall comments that seem to be out to get an emotional reaction/response from those having a civilized debate or discussion. 

I think I've read maybe a handful of his posts (a few in here when he joined/found us) that weren't geared towards starting some kind of controversy and leading to an argument.  Sure, maybe a few posts after he gets things rattled up in a thread he tones it down.  I don't want to call anyone a liar on here, but based on his posting history, it makes you wonder.  

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

:rofl89:

Commercial says they're seasoned in "Mexican spices." **** tastes like the cheese powder on Cheetos lol

Fingers look like this after you eat Taco Bell fries..

cheeto+fingers

Archived