Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

There ya go...and remember when a tape would tear? I was the "tape chick". I could fix a broken tape easily, and the repair was solid. But I'm obsolete now, LOL

That's awesome  :D  yes---you were as valuable a commodity as the guy who roll the perfect joints. B)

I was good (technique, dexterity, and patience) at rewinding the cassettes without breaking them and unraveling all the  "twists" they would get when the tape would "spill out" all over. :lol:

Dad is giving me his record collection. Which is awesome and all, but it's about 400 lbs of awesome. That's where I got my start, even though cassettes were already all the rage when I entered this world.

When CDs were the thing to get, I was at Tower Records every week. Had to get a Rush or Zep album, plus something else with a song on it that I liked. I bought the album Goat's Head Soup from the Rolling Stones for $10 JUST FOR the song "Heartbreaker (Doo doo doo doo doo doo)". <-- Typing that out I just realized I typed doo doo three times. It's still the only song I like on that album. Don't like "Angie". But a $10 well spent.

RIP Tower Records, there was a certain surreal, comfy, giddiness that would consume me being surrounded by all that music in there.

Haven't had so much as a sip of alcohol since Feb 6. That's 5 weeks so far.

For further clarification, I'm not drinking not because I think I have a problem or addiction. I'm not even doing it consciously. Life has been rather hectic for me (pregnant wife, preparing and selling our house, buying a new house, renovations at work). I need to be at the top of my game, so drinking hasn't really happened. I'm sure once we are settled in at the new place and the baby is born and I get my favorite drinking buddy back, I'll get back into the swing of things.

It's probably, no definitely, the longest I've gone without alcohol since I turned 18 though. That's for sure.

So agitated right now.  My MIL called up tonight and started going after my wife saying that she doesn't spend enough time with Tazette cause she is working all the time........Really?  You gonna go there when you never visit us cause of some bull**** reason about being afraid to drive here alone.  

GTFO with that ****.  For the record, my wife spends plenty of time with our daughter, she does have to work from home at nights, but it doesn't stop her.  And she brushed it off knowing such.  But it pisses me off.  A lot.

Cloo channel 308 on DTV had a Fantasy Island marathon on. Memories. Came on right after The Love Boat.

I get Fantasy Island all the time on my antenna down here in San Antonio. Can't remember which channel, though. Could be MeTV, which you guys should have in DC.

So, I watched a majority of the NASCAR race yesterday. It wasn't as good as I had hoped, it wasn't as bad as I expected. 

New lady is a big fan..I figured I could sit through a race or so. 

Now we have plans to go to 3 NASCAR races and the NHRA race. 

Where did I go wrong ? I am not a southerner. 

Archived