Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Yep, they mesh well together, good chemistry. Don't get me wrong, so did the cast of SG1, but the cast of SGA was a little more bad ass.

Sam and Daniel while great, it was mainly O'Neil and T that were the bad asses. In SGA, Shepard, Ronon and Teyla were all bad asses.

the chief and Shep have great chemistry. The brilliant guy is fun. Etc.

Perfect cast, bad guys, plot, just such a great show.

It lead me to firefly, which I kind of felt like although awesome, was kind of a rip from SGA.

Kids these days will never know the joy of grabbing one of your closest friends, going to the store to buy the newest album from an artist on release day, and then proceeding to drive around aimlessly listening to the whole thing.

I miss those days, when I bought CD and was forced to listen to the whole thing—because I paid for it—and actually finding deep tracks and not just the singles. 

When I was about 22 it blew my mind when an older coworker told me that he "listened to albums" and I said, were you doing something? He just sat in his living room and listened to an album. It kinda blew my mind. I did that sporadically in high school and college, but it wasn't on purpose. He talked about it like sitting down to watch a tv show. Listening to music, for me, was always a background thing while I studied or drove or something. 

****, homeys. I'm trying to eat better so I'm doing radical stuff—like measuring out portions. Avoiding processed foods. But damn, sometimes a man just gets hungry. Like I just wanna destroy a pizza right now. But can't. I'm just going to bed instead. 

****, homeys. I'm trying to eat better so I'm doing radical stuff—like measuring out portions. Avoiding processed foods. But damn, sometimes a man just gets hungry. Like I just wanna destroy a pizza right now. But can't. I'm just going to bed instead.

A 3x3 from in n out sounds amazing right now.

Kids these days will never know the joy of grabbing one of your closest friends, going to the store to buy the newest album from an artist on release day, and then proceeding to drive around aimlessly listening to the whole thing.

I don't know that and I'm older than you, because you can't drive around listening to vinyl.

My friends and I would grab the train down town into Philly. Wed skate love park and **** all day, then hit the south Street and ally record joints, looking for punk rock.

It was incredible and we'd be so amazed we found anything. We'd take the train home and listen to every album over and over.

I don't know that and I'm older than you, because you can't drive around listening to vinyl.

There was a 45 rpm (7" singles) deck for the car way back in the late 50's/early 60's. It held the tonearm/stylus (needle) down via pressure like some kids' players did back then so it wouldn't skip, but it was like a vinyl lathe on the discs.  Not that such matters fidelity-wise, given the state of the rest of the car audio systems of the day and typical listener/usage.

No, I did not have one :lol:--it was off the market for years by the time i was old enough to think about music in the car.

However, me being me stereo-stuff-wise, when I was 15, I'd installed a Craig Powerplay 8-track in my Galaxy 500 and that year as eight track recorders were hitting the home market, I picked up a good one (Akai--$200 in 1968) and was making my own mix 8-tracks recording off the turntable and home system, and wowing the gang. Now into six decades of being the happenin' dude.  :P

Archived