Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I can, by experience, confirm all of that. I've even discovered that I love to learn more than ever.

My mom is a nurse, so if we were sick, she stayed home with us, so it was just better to go to school, hang out with my other metal buddies (even tho she made me wear business suits & dresses), and infiltrate the jazz ensemble room after hours. (I was in concert choir, bro was in band, and neither the choral director nor the band director minded if anyone practiced, played, or tinkered)...we were encouraged, even. No matter what our style. I sang Handel & played Bach & Beethoven on piano,(my love for Malmsteen came from all of that), but K.K. Downing, Glenn Tipton, and Steve Harris were the pictures all over my locker. (EVH was in there too.)

Hail to the metalheads everywhere!

Edit, add: Now I'm going for the Somewhere in Time CD. :D

Malmsteen got me into metal. Before, I thought I didn't have a big connection with music because what everyone else was listening to either did nothing for me or I hated it. But then I started listening to some Malmsteen and I followed the white rabbit down the metal hole. Still don't have a typical taste even within the metal genre as I prefer the clean-vocal up-tempo power metal (and all sorts of variations on it including neoclassical, folk, symphonic, etc.). Like you, I also have a love for classical including Bach and Beethoven; also a huge fan of Dvorak and Liszt.

Offspring sucked after that first album.

That album and The Downward Spiral were my first two CD's I ever owned. One of those is FAR superior to the other (and it isn't Smash).

I don't like much Offspring outside of Smash either, but for me Smash > The Downward Spiral. Not a huge fan of the industrial electronic sound of NIN though. Sometimes I felt like it was too much about ridiculous noises. Be like trashcans being thrown around, TV static, and the 867th sound setting on a keyboard.

Check out Die with your Boots On. Toss up for my favorite Maiden song. And Mary, Unleashed is my favorite metal album of all time. I think I've had to buy it 3 or 4 times over the years but I have to have it.

I used to listen to that song before every rugby game I'd play

Check out Die with your Boots On.  Toss up for my favorite Maiden song.  And Mary, Unleashed is my favorite metal album of all time.  I think I've had to buy it 3 or 4 times over the years but I have to have it.

My first copy of Unleashed was the cassette in probably '82 or so, but I bought the album years later just for the cover of Rob in a "hell yeah" stance.  (A weird but funny thing, we'd always submit our Christmas list with what albums/tapes we wanted, and which in each format, and it always seemed that my grandparents bought the Priest stuff, LOL).   Seen 'em twice, TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT even in "old age", I love that band. 

I was wearing my "Turbo" concert shirt yesterday, LOL...another of my favorite albums.

Malmsteen got me into metal. Before, I thought I didn't have a big connection with music because what everyone else was listening to either did nothing for me or I hated it. But then I started listening to some Malmsteen and I followed the white rabbit down the metal hole. Still don't have a typical taste even within the metal genre as I prefer the clean-vocal up-tempo power metal (and all sorts of variations on it including neoclassical, folk, symphonic, etc.). Like you, I also have a love for classical including Bach and Beethoven; also a huge fan of Dvorak and Liszt.

Hubby found a CD of mine of "The Israel Symphony Orchestra", and he yelled upstairs & asked why I had it...I went down to have a look at it...It was Vivaldi's "Four Seasons", LOL...I put it in, and he goes, "ahhh, yeah I know that"...

Yeah, right!  I had to giggle...everybody recognizes "Spring"! 

Yngwie is a God, but then came Steve/Joe.  The G3 of those 3 together is awesome...check out Voodoo Child, Yngwie on vocals. 

Dozen Krispy Kreme Glazed Donuts for 78 Cents When You Buy a Dozen on July 10, 2015

2 Brand Eating / by Q / 4 hours ago

Krispy Kreme will be celebrating their 78th birthday on July 10th with a buy one, get one deal.

Specifically, on Friday, July 10, 2015, you'll be able to score a dozen Original Glazed donuts for 78 cents when you buy any dozen donuts.

Morning RTT fam!

Ran across this the other day.  About this time 15 years ago, Nelly dropped "Country Grammar".  I def thumped that cd around back in college blaring "Ride wit me" and "E.I.".

http://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/music/kevin-johnson/rewind-to-how-the-world-reacted-to-country-grammar-years/article_9c4ae897-1f3b-5e23-93f5-a79f1ad841e8.html

And now he is apparently working on a country album.  

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/nelly-readies-country-music-ep-20150428

Morning RTT fam!

Ran across this the other day.  About this time 15 years ago, Nelly dropped "Country Grammar".  I def thumped that cd around back in college blaring "Ride wit me" and "E.I.".

http://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/music/kevin-johnson/rewind-to-how-the-world-reacted-to-country-grammar-years/article_9c4ae897-1f3b-5e23-93f5-a79f1ad841e8.html

And now he is apparently working on a country album.  

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/nelly-readies-country-music-ep-20150428

I was sitting in the chow hall at Ft Knox, KY when this song first came on the air (or at least the first time I heard it.)

We were sneaking out back to smoke cigarettes and have our first coke in over 3 months LMAO.

The things music makes you remember.

Hail.

Another indicator you're getting old is when you are reminded that bands from Blink182 to Offspring are "oldies" now, which means I have to bump MY oldies from the 50's, 60's, & 70's to "ancients" and "primordials".

I have a 1GB plan and never even come close to maxing it out.  Just use WiFi when available (it's practically everywhere now) and use restraint when it's not.

We have a 10GB shared plan, now with rollover,

With WiFi everywhere, getting much over 1.5 GB per person is unusual. I guess if you are out and about watching video a lot.

Archived