Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I dunno man, men are a lot of stronger. I definitely don't think she can beat anyone on the ufc roster.

A dude I use to train with got signed to Bellator.

Men in the UFC? Yeah, I think you'd have to look way down the list of 125ers. I think she'd possibly beat a few low 135ers if the matchup was very favorable. Like a guy with a basic clinch game and a blue to maybe a brown belt. I mean the technicality of her judo and ground game is awesome man. I wonder who is the best jiu jitsu guy she's ever submitted. I can imagine she's caught black belts a few times in that ****. Not saying they didn't sub her more, but she is ****ing great at the entire process of armbarring.

Men in the UFC? Yeah, I think you'd have to look way down the list of 125ers. I think she'd possibly beat a few low 135ers if the matchup was very favorable. Like a guy with a basic clinch game and a blue to maybe a brown belt. I mean the technicality of her judo and ground game is awesome man. I wonder who is the best jiu jitsu guy she's ever submitted. I can imagine she's caught black belts a few times in that ****. Not saying they didn't sub her more, but she is ****ing great at the entire process of armbarring.

She's so technically sound and VIOLENT.  Those arm bars against lesser non-mma fighters would just tear ligaments and break bones every time.  We would sink arm bars, but would lose them at times because we weren't trying to hurt each other.  (deliberate and slow motions ... kinda) She throws her whole body weight into it and arches her back....the pain must be intense.

I had a guy talking smack to me in London, Ontario (Canadian side of our company) for MONTHS about choking me out or submitting me by tapping.  I told him, I'm 6 2 and just a mountain of a man and that if he thought his little Canadian ass could hang, we'd put dinner, beer, AND $100 on it when I came up there (3 months later -at that time).

He picked me and my colleague up from the hotel and just handed me a crisp US $100.  "Nope.  I'm not getting mauled."

I bought us dinner and beer LOL.

I almost had him convinced to roll on the mat with me for fun, but he backed out last minute.

I wonder how strong my game is now, its been at least 5 years since I rolled on a mat.

Back when I was doing Krav Maga, I would often stick around after the class was over and spar and roll with one of the other students. he was 6'4", I think, and 260 pounds. I, on the other hand, was 5'5" 140 pounds. We certainly made for odd sparring-partners, but it worked.

I disagree 100% most the of the 125ers walk around heavier than Ronda. Maybe in a straight grappling match she could hold off and win by points, but in a mma fight. I think she gets tkoed pretty easily.

She's so technically sound and VIOLENT. Those arm bars against lesser non-mma fighters would just tear ligaments and break bones every time. We would sink arm bars, but would lose them at times because we weren't trying to hurt each other. (deliberate and slow motions ... kinda) She throws her whole body weight into it and arches her back....the pain must be intense.

Exactly, she knows all the little progressions to do after the arm is straightened. Will go step by step, by the book, in order to get an arm to bend 180 degrees in the wrong direction.

I disagree 100% most the of the 125ers walk around heavier than Ronda. Maybe in a straight grappling match she could hold off and win by points, but in a mma fight. I think she gets tkoed pretty easily.

I think she could make the fight a straight grappling match with someone who isn't as skilled in that facet. It happens in so many fights. I'll have to look at the lower tier fighters at 125. I can imagine her scoring a trip and armbarring a dude who isn't a ground guy. I don't see her catching a heater to the chin 15 seconds in 100/100 times, but that's just me.

I think she could make the fight a straight grappling match with someone who isn't as skilled in that facet. It happens in so many fights. I'll have to look at the lower tier fighters at 125. I can imagine her scoring a trip and armbarring a dude who isn't a ground guy. I don't see her catching a heater to the chin 15 seconds in 100/100 times, but that's just me.

We are going to have to ageee to disagree, I remember her getting tagged against Meisha, the problem is Meisha has no power. Ronda bull rushes her opponents to get the clinch, and than destroys them. I think if she does that against a man, she gets tagged and goes down.

We are going to have to ageee to disagree, I remember her getting tagged against Meisha, the problem is Meisha has no power. Ronda bull rushes her opponents to get the clinch, and than destroys them. I think if she does that against a man, she gets tagged and goes down.

Yeah, that striking defense is her worst attribute and would cause her problems the vast majority of the time, and the fact that those men would pose more resistance to takedowns. She knew Meisha was pillowfisted though, I don't think she'd fight that way at all against a 125 man. She'd better not.

I'm looking at the top 50 125ers. It would clearly be dangerous against most of these guys, there are only a few that I'd give her a chance against.

IF Mendes gets him to the ground, its over.

IF he can't McGregor wins.

Can see those formulas working out. Not familiar with how good McGregor is off his back, or his takedown defense, TBH. Mendes is a new kind of test for Conor. Mendes also possesses a great amount of power and experience. He rocked Jose and just almost killed Lamas. I think Conor will hit him too early and often, but I'm super intrigued.

If I hear that damn "Dear Future Husband" song one more time, I'm going to lose it. Just a litany of every horrible stereotype society's developed about femininity in one song.

I really hope Meghan Trainor looks back on this in a decade or so and see is as an embarassing starting point in what's, otherwise, a brilliant career. I like her devotion to the old "doo wop" style of the 1950s and early 1960s, but her songwriting is just awful.

If I hear that damn "Dear Future Husband" song one more time, I'm going to lose it. Just a litany of every horrible stereotype society's developed about femininity in one song.

I really hope Meghan Trainor looks back on this in a decade or so and see is as an embarassing starting point in what's, otherwise, a brilliant career. I like her devotion to the old "doo wop" style of the 1950s and early 1960s, but her songwriting is just awful.

zeplinstumblrcom.gif?w=645&h=362

I don't know how people do it on those GB plans. I have 59.0 GB used this current period

Edit: I assume "current period" listed under iPhone is the current billing month.

"Current period" refers to the period between the last time the statistics were reset and now. If you scroll to the bottom of the cellular stats, you'll see the date and time of the last reset.

For instance, I've used 24.2 GB of cellular data since 9/22/14.

Archived