Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

so it is better to go to a friend's wedding alone. He has been my friend since college and the wedding is in NJ.  I only know him and his brother who have big roles in the wedding.  Should i ask someone to go with or go alone?  There is only 1 girl i would consider to go with who is a friend. 

so it is better to go to a friend's wedding alone. He has been my friend since college and the wedding is in NJ.  I only know him and his brother who have big roles in the wedding.  Should i ask someone to go with or go alone?  There is only 1 girl i would consider to go with who is a friend. 

Defo alone. 

Better chance of copping for one of the bridesmaids that way.  :P

Hail. 

So, it's been a crazy day at work, busy as ****.  Hate I missed all the fun in tha RTT today.  Anyhow, went to pick up Tazette from the summer camp we have her in since schools out.  

We are driving home, talking about her day and she tells me that one of her friends told another friend that her mom didn't want her to be friends with white people.  The girl is 7 or 8 years old.  So I then have to have a talk about everything and that basically some people are still hung up on mean/stupid things like that, etc.

She said guesses her friend just keeps secrets from her mom about being friends with her and some of the other kids.  I know everyone in here knows my stance on racism based on my past posts on the topic.  It wasn't surprising to hear of this, but just extremely disappointing.  

I feel sad for her friend, whose parents are teaching her to hate.  I know it's never gonna be a perfect world and my little one is going to have her struggles and controversial situations, etc.  Just agitates me.

I asked one of my employees how his 4th was. He's a near-retired black man. He said he didn't celebrate because his forefathers were in chains when we gained our independence. His forefathers didn't get their independence for a long time after that.

My dog ran away today. Bolted right out the door. I was home with the kid and my wife was still working. So there I was, playing a game of cat and mouse with him through the neighborhood while carrying my 9 month old son on my side. He would run far enough away for me not to catch him. Then, as we got further from my house he ran even further from me. I lost track of him and thought it was over. I thought we would never see him again. He appeared though. In a stroke of true luck, two of his claws got tangled up in each other and he could run no longer. He limped along for a little while until he finally gave up and let me catch him. Scary moment though, especially since I had the boy with me and I couldn't move quickly with him.

Sorry...don't want to come across as maudlin, especially in this thread...but I couldn't find the old thread (even our "advanced search" is beyond pathetic), and this is the anniversary of the London Underground bombings....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_July_2005_London_bombings

I was just listening to PBS radio in the background (the Portland affiliate features a substantial BBC radio association) and heard this poignant remembrance by an older man....he was talking about waking up that morning, and his wife asked him to cuddle a bit before he got out of bed, which wasn't their norm after so long. So they did that for about 15 minutes. He went to say "that 15 minutes of cuddling killed her---she would have left on the earlier train otherwise."

I've admitted a pro-bias to that historically huge little clump of earth, for all its awful internal conflicts and awful exported conflicts...and right now I'm just feeling compassion for as close an ally as another nation can be, and all their citizens who are feeling their loss again on this day. 

I like to eat and I am a food expert but I have lately avoided beef, veal, and venison. Beef is fatty red meat, veal pretty much baby cow, venison deer

I know I know brisket and bbq :( but beef to me, I've just lost interest. Can't eat it. I'll eat pulled pork though

It's mainly chicken turkey and seafood for me. I just shudder and cry when I see some of the bizarre foods other countries eat like shark fin soup. They had a dog meat festival in china the other week. Think about that . I mean I try to be tolerant but you won't see me eating dolphin, shark, whale, or any of that stuff. 2freaky4me

KFC Introduces New Pizza Fried Chicken in Hong Kong

1 Brand Eating / by Q / 11 hours ago

The latest from KFC out in Hong Kong is fried chicken with pizza sauce and melted cheese on it AKA pizza chicken.

They call the new menu item "Napoli Crispy Pizza Chicken" and each piece seems to be brushed with pizza sauce and sprinkled with a blend of melted mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.

As a lifelong headbanger I can attest to the fact that some of those stories are awesome. If you wanna read some really wild stuff, look into the stories about some of the early Norwegian death and black metal bands that formed through the 80s and 90s. Some seriously insane stuff.

You'll obviously get same smug feeling reading this as I do.  

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/study-shows-80s-metalheads-groupies-are-well-adjusted-three-decades-later/

devil-horns-metal.jpg

According to Pacific Standard, a newly published study has found that 1980s heavy metal fans "were significantly happier in their youth, and better adjusted currently" compared to their peers who preferred other musical genres, and to a parallel group of current college students. - more at link

Ariana grande is pulling out of the MLB all star game concert. Fml.

CINCINNATI — The headliner for Saturday’s free Budweiser MLB All-Star Game concert created an online uproar after a security camera caught her on July 4th saying she hated the United States.

----+-------+

New crush Meghan Trainor. Ariana sucks.

Ariana grande is pulling out of the MLB all star game concert. Fml.

CINCINNATI — The headliner for Saturday’s free Budweiser MLB All-Star Game concert created an online uproar after a security camera caught her on July 4th saying she hated the United States.

----+-------+

New crush Meghan Trainor. Ariana sucks.

She's bitter AJ10 and Machado were alternates. She's a big B'more fan.

Now cool is that? Sweeeeet.   B)  I know about Those 3 books,but what I first thought of were these 3 that I read back in 79-80.  Glad they're finally doing a series like this in film,(and no,they don't need to reference the books). 

Of course now we have a big question. Who do they cast as Han? :)

solotrilogy.jpg

Archived