Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Just working with ES as of now, I wonder if I could harness the theoretical energy of all the dark matter in the name change thread, the rg3 thread, and the "hit the ****" thread, that we could travel to the stars via wormholes.

Just working with ES as of now, I wonder if I could harness the theoretical energy of all the dark matter in the name change thread, the rg3 thread, and the "hit the ****" thread, that we could travel to the stars via wormholes.

That depends entirely on how much of a Db Zoony is being when the course is being plotted.

Just make sure there's no female aliens out there before we leave or else our standing in the Universe will be f-ed!

Hail. 

Another indicator you're getting old is when you are reminded that bands from Blink182 to Offspring are "oldies" now, which means I have to bump the MY oldies from the 50's, 60's, & 70's to "ancients" and "primordials".

My dad played Little Feat on the 4th all day long, I was like "isn't this new music for you?" What a record collection though, he has enormous bins full of 45s, LPs, so many that I'm sure I haven't heard a good portion of them. Some of them are rare. Fell in love with music early having access to that collection. Hendrix was the man when I was 6.

Ah, d0uble, your dad's a man after my own heart. Little Feat was a great band to see live. Great-sounding recordings, too (well-mastered fidelity-wise), mostly, as well as the musical talent. My "software" collection of music was huge at its zenith and covered just about every format that's ever existed, usually in depth ( a perk of being in "the stereo biz" at the time as well as music in all its aspects being a lifelong personal passion).

I can see how that song brings the feels and has sentimental value for some people, but it didn't catch on for me until Johnny Cash redid it. Hearing him sing it over top of acoustic guitars brought me to tears, since it sounds like he's singing about being old.

if im not mistaken...even trent reznor agreed that the Johnny Cash version was better...

if im not mistaken...even trent reznor agreed that the Johnny Cash version was better...

he did.

Per T.R.

I pop the video in, and wow... Tears welling, silence, goose-bumps... Wow. I just lost my girlfriend, because that song isn't mine anymore... It really made me think about how powerful music is as a medium and art form. I wrote some words and music in my bedroom as a way of staying sane, about a bleak and desperate place I was in, totally isolated and alone. [somehow] that winds up reinterpreted by a music legend from a radically different era/genre and still retains sincerity and meaning — different, but every bit as pure.[

Is it wrong that I want to see Ronda Rousey fight a 185 inshape inexperienced male to see at what point the weight difference is too large.

Yeah man, we don't need a dude bludgeoning a woman for entertainment, or experimentation in your case.

Do you think someone like Ian McCall (pretty good 125er) would beat every athletic, untrained guy who weighs 200 he came across? I'd rather it be a male vs. male. The whole man hitting woman thing is less than unappealing to me.

They kinda sorta did this in the first 15 years of MMA. Weight difference in some fights was absolutely staggering, with the smaller fighter being a lot more skilled. David vs. Goliath matches.

I dunno, I feel like any amateur mma fighter like at 115 would ko Ronda. So I guess i wonder how much experience would be needed.

You're trippin'. Maybe a few of them could end her night if they have heavy hands, but she's seriously strong and world class talented in the clinch. It becomes more about finding leverage at that point, and she'd probably be stronger than a lot of them too.

I'm too old and weak to get punched in the face anymore.

Ground game only.

First one to tap buys the beer / coke.

Who's down?  LOL

You're trippin'. Maybe a few of them could end her night if they have heavy hands, but she's seriously strong and world class talented in the clinch. It becomes more about finding leverage at that point, and she'd probably be stronger than a lot of them too.

I'd seriously like to see what I could do against her in a grappling match.  I'm afraid I'd be sent home crying.

I dunno man, men are a lot of stronger. I definitely don't think she can beat anyone on the ufc roster.

A dude I use to train with got signed to Bellator.

I dunno man, men are a lot of stronger. I definitely don't think she can beat anyone on the ufc roster.

A dude I use to train with got signed to Bellator.

All I'm saying is, don't cut her off in a bar and try to hold her arms.

That video looks a lot different if it's Rowdy.

I'd seriously like to see what I could do against her in a grappling match. I'm afraid I'd be sent home crying.

I dunno man, you could pin her in to submission I think. You'd choke her out via sheer chest compression. She wouldn't even be able to tap out with her arms pinned to the ground. She'd be mouthing the words "I tap!", but you wouldn't hear her over your evil laughter. HA HA HA, Judo lady! You're no match for my bus sized torso!

Nah but I know yall been having submission fighting sessions in the service for a while now. I think she'd be on offense the whole time, but you would be able to bicep curl out of most her armbars.

I'm too old and weak to get punched in the face anymore.

Ground game only.

First one to tap buys the beer / coke.

Who's down?  LOL

I'm game. I'll put you in an Omoplata so fast and chicken-wing dat arm!

(be gentle with me, I'm fragile)

It sucks when just about your all time favourite sports person is playing the home hero, Even more so when it's to get to the final of the Worlds biggest tennis tournament. 

Have to stick with my loyalty to Fed, though it's a win/win with a Brit in the final if he loses. 

Hail. 

I'm game. I'll put you in an Omoplata so fast and chicken-wing dat arm!

(be gentle with me, I'm fragile)

I had a guy talking smack to me in London, Ontario (Canadian side of our company) for MONTHS about choking me out or submitting me by tapping.  I told him, I'm 6 2 and just a mountain of a man and that if he thought his little Canadian ass could hang, we'd put dinner, beer, AND $100 on it when I came up there (3 months later -at that time).

He picked me and my colleague up from the hotel and just handed me a crisp US $100.  "Nope.  I'm not getting mauled."

I bought us dinner and beer LOL.

I almost had him convinced to roll on the mat with me for fun, but he backed out last minute.

I wonder how strong my game is now, its been at least 5 years since I rolled on a mat.

Archived