Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

The line is always so long for the drive through at chick fila and I'm like lol I'm just gonna park here and go inside and order

Ain't no one parking and everyone is always in the drive through. You can park and go in and get your order and drive out. Less lines.

Never been in a drive thru and never will. Get out your damn cars and walk like the rest of us inside

The line is always so long for the drive through at chick fila and I'm like lol I'm just gonna park here and go inside and order

Ain't no one parking and everyone is always in the drive through. You can park and go in and get your order and drive out. Less lines.

Never been in a drive thru and never will. Get out your damn cars and walk like the rest of us inside

themostannoyingthingsever-photo-74877512

According to [/size]Pacific Standard, a newly published study has found that 1980s heavy metal fans "were significantly happier in their youth, and better adjusted currently" compared to their peers who preferred other musical genres, and to a parallel group of current college students. - more at link[/size]

I can, by experience, confirm all of that. I've even discovered that I love to learn more than ever.

My mom is a nurse, so if we were sick, she stayed home with us, so it was just better to go to school, hang out with my other metal buddies (even tho she made me wear business suits & dresses), and infiltrate the jazz ensemble room after hours. (I was in concert choir, bro was in band, and neither the choral director nor the band director minded if anyone practiced, played, or tinkered)...we were encouraged, even. No matter what our style. I sang Handel & played Bach & Beethoven on piano,(my love for Malmsteen came from all of that), but K.K. Downing, Glenn Tipton, and Steve Harris were the pictures all over my locker. (EVH was in there too.)

Hail to the metalheads everywhere!

Edit, add: Now I'm going for the Somewhere in Time CD. :D

I can, by experience, confirm all of that. I've even discovered that I love to learn more than ever.

My mom is a nurse, so if we were sick, she stayed home with us, so it was just better to go to school, hang out with my other metal buddies (even tho she made me wear business suits & dresses), and infiltrate the jazz ensemble room after hours. (I was in concert choir, bro was in band, and neither the choral director nor the band director minded if anyone practiced, played, or tinkered)...we were encouraged, even. No matter what our style. I sang Handel & played Bach & Beethoven on piano,(my love for Malmsteen came from all of that), but K.K. Downing, Glenn Tipton, and Steve Harris were the pictures all over my locker. (EVH was in there too.)

Hail to the metalheads everywhere!

Edit, add: Now I'm going for the Somewhere in Time CD. :D

Iron Maiden........that cassette tape was the first tape I owned by them.

Edit:  not my first heavy metal tape, think that was Motley Crue - Shout at the Devil.  I know my first rap "album" was Newcleus - Jam On Revenge

Double Edit:  My fingers and mind are not on the same page right now as far as typing lol

NEWCLEUS-computer-age-electro-funk.jpg

Great album. Go with Live after Death. That way you have HOURS of listening

Oh hell yeah.  Unleashed in the East is easily one of my faves...and on the ITunes thing my bosses run at work occasionally, and I heard today...Joan Baez's version of "Diamonds & Rust".  It's really cool hearing where my favorite metal was born, LOL

Iron Maiden........that cassette tape was my first heavy metal tape lol.

Just had a phase where I listened to Hallowed be thy Name at least once a day. Not familiar with most of their stuff, but that song and The Trooper are rip-roarin'. Aces High is just 'alright' to me.

My first tape was Smash from The Offspring. First song I memorized the words to was Bad Habit. In 6th grade, singing about shooting people because I have road rage.

"Drivers are rude, such attitudes, but when I show my piece - complaints cease. Somethings odd, feel like I'm God, you stupid, dumb ****, gawl damn, mother****er!!!!"

I open the glovebox, reach inside, gonna wreck this ****er's ride, cuz I got a bad HABIT!"

Man, that album is one of the best from the 90s.

Just had a phase where I listened to Hallowed be thy Name at least once a day. Not familiar with most of their stuff, but that song and The Trooper are rip-roarin'. Aces High is just 'alright' to me.

My first tape was Smash from The Offspring. First song I memorized the words to was Bad Habit. In 6th grade, singing about shooting people because I have road rage.

"Drivers are rude, such attitudes, but when I show my piece - complaints cease. Somethings odd, feel like I'm God, you stupid, dumb ****, gawl damn, mother****er!!!!"

I open the glovebox, reach inside, gonna wreck this ****er's ride, cuz I got a bad HABIT!"

Man, that album is still one of the best from the 90s.

Gotta keep'em separated......

Great album. Go with Live after Death. That way you have HOURS of listening

Live after Death is great.  One of the best live recordings I've heard over the years too.  I had everything by them through Fear of the Dark, then just drifted away to other stuff.

Hard to pick a favorite studio album by them, Powerslave, Piece of Mind and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son were outstanding.  But I still love the original Iron Maiden, Killers and Number of the Beast and Somewhere in Time.  

Not sure how good anything after Fear of the Dark is, only heard a few tracks and it didn't have that same feel to me.

Gotta keep'em separated......

The first 7 songs of that album are all great.

Nitro (Youth Energy)

Bad Habit

Gotta Get Away

Genocide

Something to Believe In

Come out and Play

Self-Esteem

Those are almost my 7 favorite Offspring songs. The second half of Smash I didn't really care too much for.

Check out Die with your Boots On.  Toss up for my favorite Maiden song.  And Mary, Unleashed is my favorite metal album of all time.  I think I've had to buy it 3 or 4 times over the years but I have to have it.

Check out Die with your Boots On. Toss up for my favorite Maiden song.

Just did, I love those classic Maiden guitar and bass riffs. Gotta listen to their albums through, just never got around to 'em. They have my favorite artwork of any band. Always been fascinated by skulls and skeletons.

Just did, I love those classic Maiden guitar and bass riffs. Gotta listen to their albums through, just never got around to 'em. They have my favorite artwork of any band. Always been fascinated by skulls and skeletons.

Seeing Eddie on stage with them live in the 80's was an awesome thing.  It was about 30 or 40 feet tall.  17 year old me ate that **** up.

Chris Pratt playing a young Han? Thoughts?

Don't like it myself by Im sure that will be a big rumor soon

Too much Chris Pratt at this point. I'm sure he'd do the role well, but I'm getting tired of seeing him in stuff already. Let's give someone else a shot. 

Friends ex keeps texting me.

Bros before hoes. 

Archived