Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Lead teacher, fourth grade team, group members...I think it's one of them democratic common core nonsense questions with too much CSIncisLA involved. :lol:

I don't think we're reading the question right.  There's another angle. :angry:

OK, smartypants...how?

Total number of 4th graders is less than 80 students.  Number combinations of 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 are ruled out.  Six is divisible by 3, eight by 4 and 2, nine by 3, ten by 5.  That leaves 7.  

Total number of students would equal 77 (7 x 11).  Seven is the smallest number of group members allowed to keep everyone in a group with nobody left out.

This seems advanced for a 2nd grader, compared to how I remember school.  My daughter is in 1st grade and brings home some homework that I honestly look at and don't understand what they are asking because it is asking them to use some newer method to get the answer that I had never seen before.

Now when she gets into Geometry, Algebra, Calculus, Physics, etc.  I'll be ok lol.  But **** a number line.....

Thanks for the help everyone! I still feel stupid though ahaha

I do too, because of the wording.  Just give me the friggin' numbas, awready...~I don't care how fast the train was going, LOL

Me in class:

I still think there's something funky about it, and I'm protesting having to hand in my answer.

This seems advanced for a 2nd grader, compared to how I remember school.  My daughter is in 1st grade and brings home some homework that I honestly look at and don't understand what they are asking because it is asking them to use some newer method to get the answer that I had never seen before.

Now when she gets into Geometry, Algebra, Calculus, Physics, etc.  I'll be ok lol.  But **** a number line.....

It's common core.  It's getting them to break things down into small pieces fast, MENTALLY, so they don't need calculators & whatnot. 

I fail to see where it would've helped with that question, though.  (Then again, percentages are my deal-e-o.)

If each number ended with one kid left out it can't be 77

Each attempt she made (2, 3, 4 and 5) resulted in one person being left out.  Eleven groups of 7 students leaves nobody out if the total number of students is 77.  

Each grade has fewer than 80 students total in it, so all the 4th grader classes combined is less than 80.  

Still catching up on everything after the weekend. Washington sports enjoying some success,the draft,( I think so far I like it),and "the fight." About what I expected there except the injury,(things that make you go "What if?"to Pac Man. Oh well. Back to the draft picks. 

Was at CVS last night. I get to the cashier. Dude stares at me for a moment, than ask me if I'm a bouncer. I tell him,"nah, I work in IT." He just stands there like I told him the world is flat. Then he tires to explain he pictured a different type of person doing IT. Stereotypes.

Was at CVS last night. I get to the cashier. Dude stares at me for a moment, than ask me if I'm a bouncer. I tell him,"nah, I work in IT." He just stands there like I told him the world is flat. Then he tires to explain he pictured a different type of person doing IT. Stereotypes.

Jeepers dude, he was hitting on you.

This is why I never would call the IT guys.

Clearly you didn't and now they've made a Grinder profile for you. 

So I Googled what Grinder was, smh. Of course, a co-worker walks past my desk and looks at my screen at the same exact time. He says "uh huh" and keeps walking. :( This day is not starting off well. 

So, I took a part time job at CVS working nights.  Saw this big dude come in, so I ask him if he was a bouncer when he came over to check out.  Turns out he works in IT, broski missed his calling.  

I stood there for a minute staring at some cougars ass who was standing in line at the pharmacy, completely forgot about the customer.  

Archived