Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

If you look at the kids in cars thread Bang left a good line for TOOC.

I almost pulled the trigger and decided not to bother because I had other things going on.

Something about him climbing a pole. Last page I'm sure. Long ass post.

To have an iWatch.

Until it works flawlessly and I can just have one of those hearing aid type of Bluetooth things...no interest.

I have a bunch of iPods, have had three iPhones and own an iPad and have absolutely no idea why people would want one? Just take your phone out of your pocket.

See, I feel the same way about an iPad or any tablet for that matter. I can do all of that stuff from my phone.

And that's true as well. I have used my iPad so infrequently since I got my 6+. It's basically useless to me at this point.

That part would frustrate me as a consumer.

I can do nearly anything from my wife's M9.

Why would we ever need a tablet ?

Someone asked me yesterday what CD's I had in my car ? I said "seriously...cd's" ?

I have a hand me down I-pad, but never use it at home.  Now for trips/vacations, its pretty cool, I will admit.  But I usually use my phone if I need to do stuff.  

See, we take my wife's laptop if we think we have certain things to do. Phone is good enough for most things.

I wouldn't use it. My BIL has an iPad that he got but never uses it.

I have a bunch of iPods, have had three iPhones and own an iPad and have absolutely no idea why people would want one? Just take your phone out of your pocket.

I hear you man. Isn't that thing hundreds of dollars? and does the exact same thing as the iphone in one's pocket?

I hear you man. Isn't that thing hundreds of dollars? and does the exact same thing as the iphone in one's pocket?

I haven't had an ipod since the first generation. It last me 18 months. Got pissed. Bought a Zune. Best MP3 player ever. Microsoft did a **** job marketing them. So nobody bought them. That Zune is still working fine. I got a 2nd smaller one, a Zune HD back in 2008. holds 32gb. HD OLED screen. HD radio.automatically stores Artists bios. Has wifi connectivity that i don't really ever use though. I just don't like using my phone for music. Carrying it around isn't much of anything. It's about 1/2 the size of my phone.

Zune was definitely a superior product. I bought a Philips GoGear 30 and it was wonderful. I misplaced it a few years back found it a few months ago. I tried to charge it and nothing. Bummed. Don't know what to do to fix it. I had tons of music on it.

Zune was definitely a superior product. I bought a Philips GoGear 30 and it was wonderful. I misplaced it a few years back found it a few months ago. I tried to charge it and nothing. Bummed. Don't know what to do to fix it. I had tons of music on it.

MS screwed the pooch by not allowing 3rd party developers make apps for the Zune. As purely an MP3 player, the ipod was "fine". I felt like the first few generations left a lot on the table. Then the ipod touch came. And with it, an extremely bloated itunes.  What I hated most about the ipod, was that you couldn't take your library on your ipod and move it to a new computer without a sketchy 3rd party app. Plenty of other companies made very good mp3 players. People never paid them any attention.

Did you try plugging it in an hitting the reset button?

including taking lives?

Well...I have an AR-15 for that.

Did you try plugging it in an hitting the reset button?

Yeah, I think it needs a new battery...but it is internal. I forced the back off and still couldn't figure it out. In the meantime I will now have to figure out how to repair the back.

The same argument has existed forever when new technology is introduced. Why do I need a dishwasher, I've washed dishes by hand for decades and it works perfectly well. Why do I need a computer in the house? Why do I need a TiVo, I have a VCR. Why do we need cellphones? Why do we need touchscreen phones?

We didn't need iPods but all of a sudden it was awesome to be able to bring our whole music collection with us.

Technology (and progress) just is. It's jarring until it becomes the norm. Plus, we're in a consumer culture that is dying to spend money and there's always a birthday or Christmas where the person who has everything has everything until now. 

No one needs an iWatch . . . until they do.

We really don't NEED touchscreen phones.

I will never own a tablet. Pointless to me.

I was happy about MP3 players and iPods. I haven't had CD's in my cars for years.

Doubt that I will buy one of those watches, I see no realistic need for it, besides I have plenty of nice watches.

Archived