Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Randy Gregory, Greg Hardy, La'el Collins - that's a lot of....turmoil on one team.

Yeah, but turmoil that didn't cost you hardly anything at all.  Hardy's contract is almost all incentive based (if I'm not mistaken), Gregory dropped to the end of the 2nd round (first round talent).  Collins, undrafted, 1st round talent and all 32 teams honored his wish of not drafting him cause he wouldn't sign and sit out a year.

Screw him, he shouldn't get to pick and choose his team.  They really need to take a look at the rules around the draft and update them.  Players shouldn't be allowed to dictate a teams choice to draft them and say they won't play for Team A or B, they will sit out a year and re-declare.  There should not be any re-declaring for the draft.  

Team drafts you, tough.  Sign and play there or don't sign and never play in the NFL unless they trade your rights to another team or eventually sign you.  If they are willing to give up a pick for said player, then that's that.  Play your four/five years and don't resign and leave for FA, or don't sign and don't get paid.

So the Cowboys have signed La'El Collins. ****es. I really wish McCloughan had gone after this guy. Instead he finds himself with a rival. Seems like everytime there's some crazy talent out there, it finds its way to our division. Seriously, there's 28 other teams out there. Go away. Now these assholes get another beast on their o-line.

Exactly how I felt when I saw this. Looks like the dude isn't even a suspect in the murder investigation, why did he drop? I was hoping GMSM would draft him in the 7th round. 

Exactly how I felt when I saw this. Looks like the dude isn't even a suspect in the murder investigation, why did he drop? I was hoping GMSM would draft him in the 7th round. 

**** my crazy ass was hoping we'd get him in the 3rd. I trust McCloughan, but damn.... Really hoping that non move doesn't come back to bite us for the next 10-15 years.

I was coaching last night and I think a soccer mom hit on me. She walks over to and says, "Do you have an extra ball? He forgot his at his dad's house." Fifteen minutes later I saw the same kid kicking around a soccer ball. So I said, "oh you found one?"

"Yeah, my mom found it in the trunk."

"Oh. Does your mom have a big trunk? I wanna put my bike in it."

okay, I only said that last sentence in my mindses. 

I was coaching last night and I think a soccer mom hit on me. She walks over to and says, "Do you have an extra ball? He forgot his at his dad's house." Fifteen minutes later I saw the same kid kicking around a soccer ball. So I said, "oh you found one?"

"Yeah, my mom found it in the trunk."

"Oh. Does your mom have a big trunk? I wanna put my bike in it."

okay, I only said that last sentence in my mindses. 

Tread carefully. Soccer moms are nuts

Prior to the draft, I believe he was not named as a suspect "yet" and had to be interviewed by the police.  He wasn't on their list so to speak or maybe he was and nobody knows it.  

He said he wouldn't sign if any team used a draft pick on him on day three, would sit-out a year and then re-declare in 2016.  Which is why I'm on my ****ing tirade now.  Why would you not use your 7th pick on him?  It would be worth the gamble, imo.  Or why not use a compensatory pick on him if you're one of those teams with one, its a free extra pick.

I hate the ****ing Cowboys more now than I ever have in my entire life.  **** them.

Only movie I've seen with Pacino was taxi driver.

Edit I'm thinking Robert dinero

Hmm, I just realized Pacino is name I recognize but I have no image connected to it.

At least you watched one classic movie.  Had Jodie Foster, Harvey Keitel, Cybil Shepard in it too.  

Only movie I've seen with Pacino was taxi driver.

Edit I'm thinking Robert dinero

I'm glad you made that edit, bro. That wouldve been the last straw. One of the more famous lines in cinema was uttered in Taxi Driver by Bobby D ("You talkin' to me?")

Prior to the draft, I believe he was not named as a suspect "yet" and had to be interviewed by the police.  He wasn't on their list so to speak or maybe he was and nobody knows it.  

He said he wouldn't sign if any team used a draft pick on him on day three, would sit-out a year and then re-declare in 2016.  Which is why I'm on my ****ing tirade now.  Why would you not use your 7th pick on him?  It would be worth the gamble, imo.  Or why not use a compensatory pick on him if you're one of those teams with one, its a free extra pick.

I hate the ****ing Cowboys more now than I ever have in my entire life.  **** them.

I agree. He doesn't have any leverage. If someone drafted him in the 7th round and he holds out. Fine, he's only hurting his own career and all you wasted was a 7th round pick. 

I agree. He doesn't have any leverage. If someone drafted him in the 7th round and he holds out. Fine, he's only hurting his own career and all you wasted was a 7th round pick. 

I guess this being McCloughan' sfirst draft, he wanted to take the safe route. But damn, sometimes you have to take a leap of faith, and really, in this case, it wasn't much of a leap, seeing as he was plummeting down draft boards.

And sitting out a year, I'm sure would do more harm than good for both your game/play on the field and financial situation.  It's not like he decided to stay one more year in college, where he would at least be playing and staying in and getting in football shape.  

Not to mention all the regular trouble out there waiting on a kid to get into, not saying that he would, but the mere temptation of doing dumb stuff is greatly amplified.  

A seventh round pick is well worth calling his bluff of sitting out.  In our case, considering Scot got us an extra 3 picks, absolutely no reason not to pull the trigger on him.

And I'm with you Sin, I'm sick and tired of everyone making it to our division in cases like this.  McCoy leaves for Buffalo, I was so happy.  We knew it was going to be Murray gone from the Cowboys, but he goes to Philly.  

Hardy goes to Dallas, Gregory to Dallas, Collins to Dallas...........it's a ****ing conspiracy!  :D

Hmm, I just realized Pacino is name I recognize but I have no image connected to it.

at this point, I think you might just be trolling us.  god I hope so....

That face you make when trying to talk about movies with Doc....

200.gif

You haven't seen Scarface? Where he says, "Say hello to my little friend" before shooting a noobtube round thru the door?

Brah. Done with you.

I mean it's one thing if you don't particularly love Scarface, it's another to have never heard of it. Every third guy I know has the same Scarface poster on a wall where they live.

Scent of a Woman is my favorite Pacino flick.

Archived