Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

So glad it's Friday. It's been a long week. Tazette has been out of school the entire week, with Monday the only one being a teacher workday. Wife has been home all week to watch her/work from home and she has had some cold/sinus crud and been cranky.

Weather has been so cold and icy (earlier in the week) that Tazette only got out for 10-15 mins a couple of days, so she's cooped up, full of energy and about to drive mom crazy.

COD in like 5 hours?

I recently read a Christian article on yoga pants and man starring. It was good.

My old next door neighbor when I was a baby up until I was 11 is about 8 years older than me. So when I was a little tike, she was this awe inspiring TEENAGER, who I wanted to DO SOMETHING TO, but I didn't know WHAT. After puberty I realized it was smash dat ass.

Now, she's a mother of 3, and she's fit as all heck. Girl is Yoga instructor, runs her own business. She posts videos on Facebook of some of her yoga moves and routines. Tight ass pants, being suspended upside down with her legs spread and her back bumper in plain sight. My younger self just wants to rub up against the mattress for some reason.

There are a few things that really satisfy me in life, here are a few with respect to my children.

Watching them eat. when they like the food so much they dont pay attention to anything else. When biddy (4) really enjoys his food he makes the coolest humming/singing sound. Om nom nom like.

Watching them learn something on their own. Love to see that light click on.

Watching them succeed. Lil goon plays football, is a leader in his class, and is in a gifted program. So proud of him and happy to help him succeed. Our city Mayor knows him on sight. How many 8 year olds can say that?

Proud of my lil family.

(edit: stupid phone)

So I'm going to the Stadium game (at Levi's Stadium) tomorrow night between the Sharks and Kings. 

Not sure what to expect from the outdoor hockey. Good thing it won't be too cold :)

Just from my experience at the Winter Classic this year I can tell you...

Your seats will make a HUGE difference. Lower isn't always better because of the walls that hold the glass. They mic the ice, which is really weird at first, maybe that's just the sound guy in me though. The size of the rink makes the stadium look HUGE and vice versa. Enjoy man. The NHL does a pretty good job about really making a spectacle out of these outdoor games.

**** sports

Someone has been in the Stadium today lol.

i don't understand why companies bs around with firing someone.

if you've made the decision that they need to go, then they need to go. be direct, you only make things worse otherwise.

covering their bases. They might get taken to court so they need to lock up some justification that may have nothing to do why the person is getting canned. Like surfing ES during work hours way too much.

covering their bases. They might get taken to court so they need to lock up some justification that may have nothing to do why the person is getting canned. Like surfing ES during work hours way too much.

I was gonna say the same thing. In the days of lawsuits over pretty much anything, companies do whatever they can to cover themselves in a situation regarding termination.

You would think so, but then I read stupid stories like what REI did.

Even if they were honestly terminating him with 100 other employees - how can it not ever look bad?

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/REI-employee-I-was-paralyzed-riding-faulty-6090902.php

REI employee: I was paralyzed riding faulty REI-brand bike, then fired after suing Seattle jury hears closing arguments in lawsuit as ex-worker demands $2.3M

Yeah, except in virginia you can fire for anything at any time (except for discrimination...)

And when people do this, they wind up:

- Suffering for holding on to people too long

- Leaving the person (and their colleagues) with the wrong ideas about why they were fired

- And generally creating confusion.

But yeah, you're right, you need to cover your bases. What I see are people making up reasons and justifications, or to drag things out way longer than they should, in an attempt to be "nice." OH well.

Okay...

ESPN 980 is moving Mike and Mike to ESPN 570. Good.

They are replacing it with a show with two local personalities. Good

One of those personalities is Chris Paul... Meh, but whatever. I got love for CP. I'm actually meeting him tomorrow lol

The other person... Freaking Jason Reid man! BAD! BAD! BAD!

The name of the show??? The Man Cave! What in thee heck man. Really? The Man Cave? Come on man.

Hopefully, Reid and Paul prove me wrong, and this is a show that I would be able to enjoy. But we know that is unlikely. 

Archived