Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Vick gets tackled, already gettin up slow. Hes not makin it through the season. Way too fragile, especially for how much he likes to keep the ball on their option plays.

****, he might not make it through our game.

And Sapp is annoying as hell on NFLN. Always talkin over people.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=823292

'That '70s Show' star Lisa Robin Kelly dead at 43

Lisa Robin Kelly, the actress who played Laurie Forman on the FOX sitcom "That '70s Show" and had experienced legal and substance-abuse troubles in recent years, died Wednesday, her agent told TheWrap on Thursday. She was 43.

Kelly died while attending a rehab facility while attempting to battle her demons, the agent said.

How much do the positives that the Internet has (had) on life outweigh the negatives?

I was just thinking about this the other day. The internet is probably the greatest development in communication since...well, maybe since communication itself; but with it has come new dangers. It's too early for me to go into any depth about said dangers, but I think we all name at least one of them.

How much do the positives that the Internet has (had) on life outweigh the negatives?

I think it's fairly even. As much as there is positive and useful/productive about the internet, it also creates a world in which people who would normally be shunned from society, or forced to in some way address their various wacko issues, find "New life," or a voice, in order to feel better about themselves. People who would otherwise stew in their self hate, now have the oppurtunity to antagonize/attack others, and spread their hate across the interwebz.

It gives cults and gangs the opportunity to find recruits. It gives zoophiles, pedophiles, etc easier access to sick content. It gives people the opportunity to feel "Connected" with the world, all without  even leaving their home, which is an unhealthy way to live your life. It gives chumps false confidence.

It also warps your sense of reality, at least when it pretains to everyday life. You can see people shouting racist ****, see someone cut someones head off on the other side of the country, see a parent beat their child, see a cop beat a civilian and confiscate a camera, and see a wide range of terrible illegal acts, and if you see it enough, it will have believing that everyone is out to get you, and the moment you step out of your house, someone is going to murder you, or you'll get fried by a gamma ray burst, attacked by evil Reptilians, etc. Step outside and walk around town and you'll find that the average person actually isn't trying to kill you.

Basically, it will have you believe that the world is more ****ed up than its ever been (when in reality, the world was always ****ed up, and in some ways, has gotten better, considering if you bother to pick up a book and read about not only the history of this country, but the world in general) and some people act accordingly.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the internet is a great place for any misguided, ****ed up person to believe in any wacko conspiracy theory, any other theory/ideals, and find a case (among thousands which shoot it down like a duck out of the sky) and be proven right in their own twisted mind. And they'll use the internet to link up with other sick, twisted people who need help, and so on and so on. As useful and positive as the internet has become and can be, it is also a place that can breed sociopathy and severe paranoia... And for people who aren't already crazy, or on the fence, it can lead to depression depending on how and how much you use it, because you literally have the world at your fingertips. And like I said, the world has always been a ****ed up place.

I never understood it when I was younger, but now I understand why kids are told to stay away from the internet for the most part, or get their parents permission. It is sick.

Archived