Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Why do your farts not smell bad to you, but they do to every one else?

I think it has something to do with the acceptance of your own *******, but the intolerance for other peoples. sometimes even my own farts smell bad to me. Its like one out of every 100 - so its rare. the more i think about it those really bad ones are like the best ones actually - so I have just come full circle.

I need some more cheesy 80's stuff to work out too. At first I just put them in the workout playlist for a joke but then I found they really do help (I'm talking stuff like "You're The Best Around" - the Karate Kid song, "Highway to the Dangerzone" - cheesy yet awesome, and, of course, the Rocky soundtrack. Particular favorites of mine from that soundtrack I enjoy working out to are "No Easy Way Out" and "Hearts on Fire").

Well add a few more things to the honey do scroll for this house. Though I am not surprised,it still annoys the hell out of me when I find out stuff about the place that should have been on the disclosure part of the sale contract. Both of them. :mad: Oh well. Keeps us on our toes.

I am now registered for my first ever 5k....well...5k and obstacle course....

www.runforyourlives.com

I'll be happy even to finish as a Zombie.

I've still got a little less than 3 months to train. I'm now at a 35 minute 5k. my goal is to get that under 30 minutes.

good for you. 5k's were always fun to run for me (always thought it was a good distance for a race) I should start running again. I think my best time was around 20 minutes in high school

Well add a few more things to the honey do scroll for this house. Though I am not surprised,it still annoys the hell out of me when I find out stuff about the place that should have been on the disclosure part of the sale contract. Both of them. :mad: Oh well. Keeps us on our toes.

When my wife and I bought our house, we had carpet installed in our basement before we "moved" in (I'm sure you can guess where this is going). A few months later, we notices some seriously wet patches after a heavy rain. The asshat who sold us the house sold it KNOWING and not disclosing a serious leak in the foundation wall (he drywalled over it). He had died and we were left with no recourse other than shelling out $5k to have it fixed and a french drain installed.

good for you. 5k's were always fun to run for me (always thought it was a good distance for a race) I should start running again. I think my best time was around 20 minutes in high school

My wife and I are both using this a motivation get into better shape. I've dropped down to 225 from 235 already. Plus we're just looking to do something "new". This looks like fun. Some zombies are fast, other slow.

When my wife and I bought our house, we had carpet installed in our basement before we "moved" in (I'm sure you can guess where this is going). A few months later, we notices some seriously wet patches after a heavy rain. The asshat who sold us the house sold it KNOWING and not disclosing a serious leak in the foundation wall (he drywalled over it). He had died and we were left with no recourse other than shelling out $5k to have it fixed and a french drain installed.

Ouch. Yeah the prick who sold her this one was one both her realtor and his couldn't wait to get rid of. She said she would buy it as is,(I warned her about that but leaned on the inspectors to find anything horrible),and man he took the ball and ran with it. He had a swamp cooler installed and advertised the house as coming with it. My fiance came back to inspect the house again and make a to do list,and noticed it was gone. She asked about it and he said it was broken and threw it away. :bsflag: Right then and there I started preparing myself. Sure enough,on my first full day in the place,we had a major plumbing malfunction which caused some minor flooding in the kitchen and a bit of a panic when I found it. Old swamp cooler tie in to the cold water line gave way. In retrospect,the evidence was there that he had had problems with it in the past and it was only a matter of time before it gave way. :mad: So now I'm inspecting everything I can in the place to see what else I can find. :paranoid: Add to broken sprinkler heads and a broken water valve for the washing machine to the list. The washer and dryer were out of the place and at the previous owner's new place when the inspections were done so he couldn't test the lines. ****er knew damn well that thing was broken. Sigh. Off I go again. :paranoid:

On the random front, does anyone else wonder why an ice cream bar would be sold with the name "Magnum?" I ask because there are 2 things with successful branding of the name, and I don't have any desire to put either in my mouth. When somebody asks what product I associate with the term "magnum", I think either condoms or guns. I know it comes from the Latin for either big or great, but if I were trying to brand my food, I would probably try to steer clear of terms associated with big condoms and guns.

It reminds me of the marketing of Ford Pinto's in Spain when the term "Pinto" was used for less than well endowed men.

On the random front, does anyone else wonder why an ice cream bar would be sold with the name "Magnum?" I ask because there are 2 things with successful branding of the name, and I don't have any desire to put either in my mouth. When somebody asks what product I associate with the term "magnum", I think either condoms or guns. I know it comes from the Latin for either big or great, but if I were trying to brand my food, I would probably try to steer clear of terms associated with big condoms and guns.

It reminds me of the marketing of Ford Pinto's in Spain when the term "Pinto" was used for less than well endowed men.

I don't know, but those ice cream bars are ****ing delicious!

My breakfast sandwich:

Big buttered San Francisco sourdough muffin.

Fresh farm brown egg omelette-patty pan-fried w/following ingredients:

Ground Italian sausage mixed with diced Louisiana hot sausage.

Chopped: green & red bell peppers, black olives, Walla Walla sweet onion, purple onion, and fresh garlic.

Cover with homemade salsa (fresh jalapeno/cilantro/green onion etc), fresh sliced tomato,1 slice I/4 inch Canadian bacon, and thick slice of sharp cheddar and oven-bake to preference.

Big mug of chilled milk.

Big Smile.

I need some more cheesy 80's stuff to work out too. At first I just put them in the workout playlist for a joke but then I found they really do help (I'm talking stuff like "You're The Best Around" - the Karate Kid song, "Highway to the Dangerzone" - cheesy yet awesome, and, of course, the Rocky soundtrack. Particular favorites of mine from that soundtrack I enjoy working out to are "No Easy Way Out" and "Hearts on Fire").

I use the Rocky soundtrack when I'm lifting. Those are all some of my personal workout playlist favorites as well, along with Burning Heart, and Going The Distance...

If you're looking for new stuff, I'd suggest the Bloodsports soundtrack, where you'll find a lot of the stuff you're talking about. This one is a particular favorite of mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kJHIsLRpKw

Not sure if you'll entertain it or not, but a lot of the old 90's - early '00s videogame stuff does it as well (at least for me). The Treasures Of The Deep OST is pretty solid.

Archived