Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I know the feeling. Nearly one week in to moving and we still have another week to go I would say. Aside from missing my family,this is another reason for moving as little as possible. Bleah.

Hang in there, once you finally park your ass on the furniture in your "new" house you start the relief sigh.

There's still a bazillion things to do but it's this one day at a time mindframe that keeps me somewhat sane, lol.

This music video just came out today - so glad Tom is still making music that's as sick as ever. One of the best songs pertaining to the mind of somebody at war. Do yourself a favor and check it out! Chilling...

Edit: a few NSFW words in the song lyrics. (Not sure if I can still post this as long as I mention that?)

It's sad that cable and internet "news" inspires people to think, let alone say, say stupid **** like that. After those geniuses get a call from the secret service, you can bet they'll get right back on twitter and complain that their right to free speech is under attack.

This music video just came out today - so glad Tom is still making music that's as sick as ever. One of the best songs pertaining to the mind of somebody at war. Do yourself a favor and check it out! Chilling...

Edit: a few NSFW words in the song lyrics. (Not sure if I can still post this as long as I mention that?)

I want to be excited about this but I was hoping the YARR I'M A PIRATE DOING SOME COOL **** AUG 7 campaign meant a tour :(

I want to be excited about this but I was hoping the YARR I'M A PIRATE DOING SOME COOL **** AUG 7 campaign meant a tour :(

Well, hope may still be alive. I've heard that a tour date set for Toronto leaked...They say it's November 7. So...we'll see!

I got to see Tom on his last tour and it blew my mind. Would love to see him again, hopefully touring with Ribot on guitar.

Well, hope may still be alive. I've heard that a tour date set for Toronto leaked...They say it's November 7. So...we'll see!

I got to see Tom on his last tour and it blew my mind. Would love to see him again, hopefully touring with Ribot on guitar.

I was thinking literally with this announcement and considered the possibility of a Tom Waits concert cruise. You know, Tom back at the piano, ripping through Closing Time and Small Change material until 3 AM every night, blaming his mistakes on the drunken piano...

Seriously though, I would move Heaven and Earth to see Tom at this stage in career. I'd pay $100 to hear him rant, honestly. That was one of the best parts of the Glitter and Doom tour disc.

I was thinking literally with this announcement and considered the possibility of a Tom Waits concert cruise. You know, Tom back at the piano, ripping through Closing Time and Small Change material until 3 AM every night, blaming his mistakes on the drunken piano...

Seriously though, I would move Heaven and Earth to see Tom at this stage in career. I'd pay $100 to hear him rant, honestly. That was one of the best parts of the Glitter and Doom tour disc.

Haha, I was thinking the same thing (about a concert cruise).

When I saw him on that tour in Knoxville, he had a portion of the set where it was just him on piano - it was so great. He usually doesn't play old tunes (save Tom Traubert's Blues) live anymore, but he pulled out ' Christmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis' and 'On the Nickel', which is one of my favorite Waits tunes. His voice grabbed onto your bones and wouldn't let go. Very cool.

BTW, if you're not a member of the Tom Waits Fan Forum, do it. They have an FTP with pretty much all bootlegs of his shows that exist, it's good stuff!

Has anybody ever taken the name of this website the wrong way?

I work with this cool old Steelers fan dude, and he wanted to read up some about RG3's camp. I told him "Check out extremeskins." He paused, and was like "what? what the hell is that?" But then I explained it to him and he was like "oh okay" and laughed.

It never dawned upon me when telling other folks about it in passing. I guess I don't say it out loud very often... "extreme skins." LOL.

Haha, I was thinking the same thing (about a concert cruise).

When I saw him on that tour in Knoxville, he had a portion of the set where it was just him on piano - it was so great. He usually doesn't play old tunes (save Tom Traubert's Blues) live anymore, but he pulled out ' Christmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis' and 'On the Nickel', which is one of my favorite Waits tunes. His voice grabbed onto your bones and wouldn't let go. Very cool.

BTW, if you're not a member of the Tom Waits Fan Forum, do it. They have an FTP with pretty much all bootlegs of his shows that exist, it's good stuff!

Wow, he still keeps Tom Traubert's Blues in the set? I'd kill to see Kentucky Avenue or Grapefruit Moon at this point, but those days are sadly behind him. Not that I don't love Swordfishtrombones, Bone Machine, etc. equally.

I feel like I'm signed up to enough forums as it is, but what the hell. Thanks for the tip, I feel like Tom Waits fans are among the coolest I've met.

Seeing these badass mother****ers tonight at Verizon Center. Been way too damn long since I've seen them (2005 in NO) and I CAN'T ****ING WAIT.

Oh yeah, System of a Down will be there also.

That's a damn good bill, have a great time.

I couldn't think of going to another gig for a while. I'm taking August off. I just did all three days of Lollapalooza, and now I'm considering a day of Riot Fest. Iggy & The Stooges, Elvis Costello, The Jesus and Mary Chain, NOFX, Alkaline Trio and Built To Spill...$35. That's a steal.

I'm also taking my wife to see Bruce Springsteen at Wrigley for her birthday, then Peter Gabriel a couple weeks after that, Neil Young in October, and Bob Dylan/Mark Knopfler in November. Usually my wallet gets a break in the fall, but not this year.

Seeing these badass mother****ers tonight at Verizon Center. Been way too damn long since I've seen them (2005 in NO) and I CAN'T ****ING WAIT.

Oh yeah, System of a Down will be there also.

I saw that they would be at the Verizon Center about a month ago. I figured I'd wait until the last week to get tickets, considering that my work schedule changes occasionally, and sure enough, I'm working to '10 all week. That sucks. I've never seen either of them perform live before

Archived