Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Going to Gamestop tomorrow, but I can't decide between Mass Effect 2/Dead Space 2. I haven't played the first one for either game( I'm far behind on a lot of games), so I'll probably pick that up too. Suggestions?

Save your money for either Marvel vs. Capcom 3 or Killzone 3. That'd be my advice.

I've heard great things about Dead Space 2 though.

I've never played Mass Effect so I can't comment on that one buddy. But Dead Space is one of my favorite games ever. Just a great shooter/horror game. It will make you jump. Guarantee it. I bought the Dead Space 2 on Tuesday. With the power going out for 2 days I haven't played it too much but what I have played, it's going to be great. It's getting great reviews. I love horror games though. Not sure if that's your type of thing.

Question about Mass Effect cause I was looking at that as well. Wasn't Mass Effect originally a 360 exclusive? Is the original Mass Effect on the PS3?

If you're an RPG fan, you have to go with Mass Effect and ME2. Epic, amazing games.

Think KOTOR I + II except bigger, better....perfected. And in an original universe that has an amazing backstory/plot. And you control everything, in a way. You basically play it as a shooter, as well.

That's my recommendation.

Yeah I'm big on the horror genre ( Played the hell out of F.E.A.R., RE, Silent Hill, etc ) so I'll probably pick up Dead Space 1 and 2. And I believe the first Mass Effect was on the 360.

---------- Post added January-29th-2011 at 01:02 AM ----------

I'm gonna get in on the Kilkzone and Marvel v. Capcom action also. Apart from the MK release in the spring, I'm not sure what else is coming out in the next 3-4 months.

Well since I have both the 360 and the PS3, it doesn't matter to me. It's odd that they did that though. I remember back when Vice City came out on the X Box they ported over GTA3 and made a double pack. If I just had the PS3 I'd be upset, but not enough to not buy it.

I played the first couple minutes of the ME demo on the PS3 , and they started explaining what happened in the 1st one, which caused me to shut it off. Looks like you'll understand the story at the very least though, so you won't feel lost.

Yeah see, the first Mass Effect was a 360 exclusive and it hasn't been ported over to the PS3. For Mass Effect fans, is it vital to play the first?

I don't think its vital in terms of your ability to figure out and play the second one....but I think you'd be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't play the first one before moving on to the second one. I'm pretty sure its on PC as well as the 360, if that helps. Can't say if its as good a game on PC, but I'd imagine it is.

Basically, you COULD play the second one by itself...but you're really playing these games to immerse yourself in the awesome story/plot and effect that universe. Its not like Halo/COD where the story is just a reason to keep moving forward and shooting different things (not saying that those are bad, or that that's bad, just that its different). Its the main reason TO play in the first play. Not that the gameplay isn't great as well. It is.

ME1+2 might be the best games I have played based on storyline alone, absolutely loved them.

It's my all time favorite story line as well. It makes you feel like the lead actor in a really ****ing badass movie. I'm bored of video games at this point but ME3 will be on my shelf the night it comes out.

Archived