Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Soooo...little 50th birthday present to myself.  This unit was an absolute dream car for 23 year old TTB back in the salad days.  Probably the nicest thing Honda ever did besides the NSX.  The 6-speed versions were rare even when new and I’ve been looking for a clean one on the east coast for a looooonnngggg time...and I found it.

What say you, RTT?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1993-acura-legend-6/

F7DC0EBC-5DAF-4766-9A62-C9229F8F5642.jpeg

943B910D-8B16-440A-98C6-695ECE9EBBAD.jpeg

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Finally........someone that gets it.  Michael Keaton sucked as ****ing Batman.

George Clooney and Val kilmer really outdid him.

I think Keaton was a great Batman.  I think better than 5 pack a day smoking Christian Bale, who rode off the coattails of a great production and cast.  Carrot top could have succeeded in that role.

At the very least, Keaton is not the worst.

9 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Soooo...little 50th birthday present to myself.  This unit was an absolute dream car for 23 year old TTB back in the salad days.  Probably the nicest thing Honda ever did besides the NSX.  The 6-speed versions were rare even when new and I’ve been looking for a clean one on the east coast for a looooonnngggg time...and I found it.

What say you, RTT?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1993-acura-legend-6/

I like it. Mileage is great, clean history. Seems like it was given a ton of tlc. I prefer older cars, anyway. More character, and you can actually get inside them.

Finally parted with my Chrysler 300 that I'd had for close to a decade, and bought a '19 Jetta back in June. I love it, but there's just something about those older models. Plus, I'm preferential to a clutch, even in the DC area. "Manual mode" just doesn't do it for me.

22 minutes ago, Chew said:

Okay, Sin.  I see you. bro.  VW family :)

even for the hardcore fans of all "big 4" in DC, ...this is a no-brainer, right?

Screenshot_20191017-064936_Instagram.jpg.bec95bee8cf472ffc2014aa37ee9ddb5.jpg

No, not everyone in area is a football fan.  It's better for the area to have multiple championship teams then one.  Would I rather Redskins get one? Yes, but I wouldnt trade.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

No, not everyone in area is a football fan.  It's better for the steam to have multiple championship teams then one.  Would I rather Redskins get one? Yes, but I wouldnt trade.

I was gonna say something like that. I'm still not over the Caps cup win, the Mystics blew my mind, and now the Nationals? (I broke my hat out last week, hadn't worn it alot because of the W on it, lol).

I'm beaming with that DMV pride. ☝️

1 hour ago, Chew said:

Okay, Sin.  I see you. bro.  VW family :)

even for the hardcore fans of all "big 4" in DC, ...this is a no-brainer, right?

Tough, really tough.

I don't know if I can say yes.  I don't know if I could stomach seeing Snyder/Allen hoisting that trophy.  And even though I don't really care about hockey, I probably couldn't trade the over the top joy that Ovechkin had after winning and how happy the fans were for him.  Ovi had been through a lot, the fans had been through a lot.  Unfortunately I'm an Orioles fan so I can't act like I've been down with the Nats all along but to see a guy like Zimmerman make it is special.  Mystics, sure, ok.

I am obviously a diehard Redskins fan.  And I can't say I'd trade the above for a superbowl trophy.  Like I said, seeing Snyder and Allen win would tarnish the whole thing for me.  

12 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Finally........someone that gets it.  Michael Keaton sucked as ****ing Batman.

I thought Clooney was worse.

@Chew

That's a big yes for me. Nats came after I was long gone, and I am not Canadian, so I don't give a damn about hockey.

NFL is the only sport I follow anymore.

Archived