Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

17 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Or if cars were 40% smaller like they are in a lot of major European cities. We drive too many big dumb cars here. 

They also have a much better public transportation infrastructure over there than we do over here. I'd much prefer to live somewhere with efficient, accessible, multi-modal public transportation network (rapid transit, light ral/trolleys, bus rapid transit, and pedestrian/bike friendly streets). Would much prefer to kick into public funds for that than pay for all the upkeep and maintenance of a car.

1 hour ago, thebluefood said:

I'd much prefer to live somewhere with efficient, accessible, multi-modal public transportation network (rapid transit, light ral/trolleys, bus rapid transit, and pedestrian/bike friendly streets). 

So...you wanna live in Denver :)

4 hours ago, thebluefood said:

They also have a much better public transportation infrastructure over there than we do over here. I'd much prefer to live somewhere with efficient, accessible, multi-modal public transportation network (rapid transit, light ral/trolleys, bus rapid transit, and pedestrian/bike friendly streets). Would much prefer to kick into public funds for that than pay for all the upkeep and maintenance of a car.

We rented a car in France a few years ago for 2 adults 2 kids. I looked at that thing and I was like "No way" are we fitting in this. Lo and behold it had essentially the same interior volume inside as our small SUV in the US. So a lot of cars here just have extra body dimensioning that serves no purpose other than to make the car look larger and sit higher. 

31 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Flying into Dulles on Saturday and then driving 4 hours down to the holler near where I lived up until age 7 (parents just moved close to there home towns in southern WV).

Should be an interesting changeup from the California life. Almost ready for he who shall not be named is God country. 🤢

do they have rice and spam in that holler?

I find it hilarious that the most outraged humans on the planet are those who are outraged by what they claim is faux outrage.

46 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I have coworkers who repeatedly call compressed files/folders "zip drives". 😕

Makes me want to listen to 90s jams.

Archived