Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Curse of the Redskins' 2nd round picks

Califan007 The Constipated

2008 - draft Moe, Larry and Curly all in the 2nd round; none of them were on the team after 4 years

2009 - Didn't have a 2nd rounder, traded it away for Jason Taylor in 2008, who was off the team a year later

2010 - Traded away for Donovan "worm-killer" MdNabb; off the team 1 year later

2011 - Jarvis "JJ" Jenkins injures his ACL and misses the entire season; off the team 3 years later

2012 - Traded away for Robert "What does 'slide' mean" Griffin III; off the team 3 years later

2013 - David "Please don't throw it my way" Amerson; off the team 2 years later

2014 - Trent "Who?" Murphy; misses entire 2017 season on IR, off the team within 3 years

2015 - Preston Smith

2016 - Su'a "Sybil" Cravens; retires after one year

2017 - Ryan "Meh" Anderson

2018 - Darrius Guice injures ACL and will miss entire season

Why do we even bother lol...

tenor.gif?itemid=10871648

Sure, that’s a bad list. But you Can’t exactly judge Ryan Anderson after just 1 season though. A bit unfair in my opinion. Preston Smith has been good. Derrius Guice just had an unfortunate injury, he looks like he’ll be our star RB though. We haven’t done too bad in recent years??‍♂️ 

Also, cravens is still in the league (well, technically) so he didn’t retire. But so far he’s looking to be a bust. 

1 hour ago, ExoDus84 said:

The Comb and Devin "fitty cent" Thomas...

Yuck.

I remember Thomas.. so involved with his rap career Redskins were on the back burner to him .

9 minutes ago, dyst said:

Curse or just **** drafting? Its why we suck, we have trouble  building a team.

I'm going with this..good call

14 minutes ago, ShaunAlexanderSkinsYears said:

If we gave up a 2nd (in addition to 3 1sts) to get a guy does that count?

I already mentioned it in the OP lol...

3 hours ago, dyst said:

Curse or just **** drafting? Its why we suck, we have trouble  building a team.

it seems to especially suck in the 2nd round, though...as well as having some bad luck thrown in. Along with just trading 2nd round picks like crazy.

4 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Sure, that’s a bad list. But you Can’t exactly judge Ryan Anderson after just 1 season though. A bit unfair in my opinion. Preston Smith has been good. Derrius Guice just had an unfortunate injury, he looks like he’ll be our star RB though. We haven’t done too bad in recent years??‍♂️ 

Also, cravens is still in the league (well, technically) so he didn’t retire. But so far he’s looking to be a bust. 

Ahh. Su'a... Didn't play the first 3 preseason games( sore knee), played in the 4th one to ensure a roster spot. After making the roster he suddenly needs corrective surgery.

"

This comes out of left field as Cravens made his Denver debut in Thursday's preseason finale against the Arizona Cardinals. He appeared spry and looked no worse for wear after a knee injury sidelined him for the duration of training camp and much of the exhibition period.

But, Klis reports, after Cravens' knee "flared back up over the weekend," it was determined that he'd need corrective surgery. The 22-year-old underwent a procedure last year, while playing for the Washington Redskins, to repair a meniscus tear in the same knee."

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Article/Broncos-reportedly-place-S-Sua-Cravens-on-IR-re-sign-WR-Isaiah-McKenzie-121352609/

Right AFTER he makes the roster, I just hoping that the surgeon of this suddenly required surgery doesn't tell him that he might go blind. Big Baby

Archived