Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cut-Down Day

OVCChairman

11 minutes ago, zoony said:

RB intrigues me the most.  Some part of me does not like an unreliable AP taking a roster spot away from a young guy.  But truth is theyve not been reliable either

The only guy like that I see is Bibbs. 

I'm fine with AP replacing either Kelley or Perine. To me, if you got to the point where you needed one of them to contribute, anything off the street would be just as good. They are replacement-level, to steal a baseball term. 

20 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

I know the Kelly vs Perine debate can and will rage ad nauseum, but truth is Kapri Bibbs can back up for all 3 downs. He's dynamic as a pass catcher and can run between the tackles. Keep him as RB#3

I agree with this, I think Bibbs adds an element that Perine vs. Kelley can't really speak to.  I like Perine, but the fumbles just kill me.  

20 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

I know the Kelly vs Perine debate can and will rage ad nauseum, but truth is Kapri Bibbs can back up for all 3 downs. He's dynamic as a pass catcher and can run between the tackles. Keep him as RB#3

I agree with this, I think Bibbs adds an element that Perine vs. Kelley can't really speak to.  I like Perine, but the fumbles just kill me.  

41 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

I'd respect the franchise for going for the best back in the mix. I'm gonna be shocked though if Perine doesn't make cuts. I think Kelley is gonzo

1 hour ago, bowhunter said:

I agree with the debate being meaningless. Both Kelly and Perine were deemed as backups when Guice was drafted anyway. Bibbs and Marshall are also backups to CT. I agree Bibbs could probably do more than just 3rd down, but I like Marshall more. Either way, I'm hoping AP and CT is the answer this year with the other guys spelling them a down or two.

We'll see.....

2 hours ago, Sandy Monk said:

I think you have it about right, V. Agree on adding that 1 missing to DL. 

OFFENSE - 25

QB (2): Alex Smith, Colt McCoy

RB (4): Adrian Peterson, Chris Thompson, Rob Kelley, Kapri Bibbs

TE (4?Jordan Reed, Vernon Davis, Jeremy Sprinkle, JP Holtz (FB)

WR (6): Josh Doctson, Paul Richardson, Jamison Crowder, Maurice Harris, Trey Quinn, Cam Sims

OT (4): Trent Williams, Morgan Moses, Ty Nsekhe, Geron Christian

OG (3): Brandon Scherff, Shawn Lauvao, mystery signing to come!

OC (2): Chase Roullier, Tony Bergstrom

DEFENSE - 25

DE (4): Jonathan Allen, Matt Ioannidis, Anthony Lanier, Ziggy Hood

NT (3? Daron Payne, Tim Settle, Phil Taylor

OLB (4?Ryan Kerrigan, Preston Smith, Pernell McPhee, Ryan Anderson 

MLB (4?Zach Brown, Mason Foster, Martrell Spaight, Josh Harvey-Clemons

CB (6): Josh Norman, Quinton Dunbar, Fabian Moreau, Greg Stroman, Danny Johnson, Adonis Alexander

S (4?DJ Swearinger, Montae Nicholson, DeShazor Everett, Troy Apke

ST (3): Dustin Hopkins, Tress Way, Nick Sundberg

My Guess ^

I agree with all except Spaight. I think Zach Vigil wins the job or they keep Shaun D Hamilton

5 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

I agree with all except Spaight. I think Zach Vigil wins the job. 

Obviously I have no idea, but my sense is that Vigil is better in coverage than Spaight, while Spaight is more of a hammer in the run game.  Considering we have two guys that can cover (SDH and JHC, I’m putting my money on Spaight.  

I don’t have a sense of how well Vigil plays teams, but my impression is that Spaight is a strong player in that regard.  

I did like how Vigil played last year though...

BTW, anyone have any impression of how Blanding, Ladler and Smithson played?

2 minutes ago, oraphus said:

i dont think Quinn makes it.. slot guys are a dime a dozen. i doubt he'll survive the practice squad either though 

I almost think he is a lock, even ahead of Simms/Quick. He has shown a strong work ethic (Gruden points,) works as a PR, great gunner on ST, runs good routes, good hands, and is our only real backup to Crowder (who had a rough year last year!) 

Just now, bowhunter said:

I almost think he is a lock, even ahead of Simms/Quick. He has shown a strong work ethic (Gruden points,) works as a PR, great gunner on ST, runs good routes, good hands, and is our only real backup to Crowder (who had a rough year last year!) 

Sims or Simmie?

6 minutes ago, oraphus said:

i dont think Quinn makes it.. slot guys are a dime a dozen. i doubt he'll survive the practice squad either though 

I respectfully disagree. Quinn is exactly the kind of WR Alex Smith could use and thrive with. All he does is get open and Smith loves to dink and dunk. 

32 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

I agree with all except Spaight. I think Zach Vigil wins the job or they keep Shaun D Hamilton

We can't let Shaun Dion Hamilton walk and/or get exposed on practice squad. 

15 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

I almost think he is a

lock, even ahead of Simms/Quick. He has shown a strong work ethic (Gruden points,) works as a PR, great gunner on ST, runs good routes, good hands, and is our only real backup to Crowder (who had a rough year last year!) 

Yeah, I feel the same way. Quinn showed a lot last night (most notably, how versatile he was). I think it would be foolish not to keep him. He's a great ST guy.

So below are the numbers I thought on May 17th in this other thread. Thought t vmight be worth a revistis and see if I still feel the same. Will add names now. 

I am leaving in the positional breakdown from the last 3 yrs. 

image.png.58c54fc2115977d1fa7133845d8a2b48.png

I left 2014 out as it was Jay's first season. He was kind of left with what he had. Less choice. But starting with 2015 he had more choice.

Kind of interesting that no one position has been the same for the last 3 yrs. It also appears they went light on Oline last year, something I doubt they do this year after all the injuries. Considering they traded for a QB I doubt they go with 2 as Hogan is unlikely to make waivers - if they thought he would, I would think they would have just waited. Very interesting they have added LB each season. I realize much of this has to do with who is in what position. It does show they go with the best 53, not just some mix of positions that is arbitrary. 

QB - 3 - Smith, McCoy, Hogan

RB - 4  - Peterson, Thompson, Kelly, Bibbs - Perine may as well have packed his bags after the fumble last night.  I wish there wee more spots. But 4 may even be a stretch. 

TE - 3 - Reed, Davis, Sprinkle

OL - 9 - Williams, Moses, Nsekhe, Christian, Scherff, Lauvao (I think I just threw up a little), Roullier, Berstyrom, Isiah Williams, and one of either Kalis or Catalina - I do not think both make it but for me it's not clear which one stays. 

WR - 6 - Doctson, Richardson, Crowder, Harris, Quinn, and Sims. 

DL - was 6 - going 7 now due to youth and injuries - Allen, Payne, Iaonnidis, Settle, Lanier, Hood and Taylor . 

LBs - 9 - Smith Brown, Foster, Kerrigan, Anderson, Hamilton, McPhee and Vigil, Spaight

DBs - was 10 now gonig with 9 - Norman, Dunbar, Moraeu, Alexander, Stroman, Swearinger, Nicholson, Everett, Blanding - For all the Apke fans out there (of which I am one of them) - I like him for the PS. Not ready for the 53 man roster. 

STs - 3 - Way, Hopkins, Sundberg

Archived