Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Season Injury News

ColonialWBSkinsFan

On 8/17/2018 at 1:49 PM, LetThePointsSoar said:

So minor injury for Samaje, correct?  Can anyone confirm? Return ETA? 

Yeah my heart is telling me he’s going to be a stud this year. I generally try to stay drunk and forget what my head told me last

4 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

hmmmm... walking boot, hush orders and bringing in multiple NFL experienced RB's. I'm anticipating bad news Weds on Perine. High ankle or actual structure damage. At least 6 weeks is my concern

Don't like hearing those vibes.... Especially from someone ironically named "Bonez".... ??

9 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

hmmmm... walking boot, hush orders and bringing in multiple NFL experienced RB's. I'm anticipating bad news Weds on Perine. High ankle or actual structure damage. At least 6 weeks is my concern

not just experienced NFL backs.

but guys who have been out of the league a while.

that cries desperation.

I still think we can get a better running back after final cuts. There will be some good ones.

The RB thing is sort of a non-issue to me now that Guice is out for the year. He was our "luxury" guy. A guy we didn't necessarily "need" but talented enough to potentially take the offense to another level. That's why everyone was excited about him and disappointed when he went down. At this point, it is highly unlikely there will be anyone available that represents an upgrade to Perine or Kelley. And it isn't unreasonable at all to still hold out hope that Perine can be a decent option. If Thompson stays healthy, we will be fine. In that case, we will just need the starting RB to be serviceable. I think we are trying guys out simply to ensure we have enough bodies to make it through these next two games. Maybe if they impress they bump Bibbs and/or Marshall off the roster. 

3 minutes ago, kleese said:

The RB thing is sort of a non-issue to me now that Guice is out for the year. He was our "luxury" guy. A guy we didn't necessarily "need" but talented enough to potentially take the offense to another level. That's why everyone was excited about him and disappointed when he went down. At this point, it is highly unlikely there will be anyone available that represents an upgrade to Perine or Kelley. And it isn't unreasonable at all to still hold out hope that Perine can be a decent option. If Thompson stays healthy, we will be fine. In that case, we will just need the starting RB to be serviceable. I think we are trying guys out simply to ensure we have enough bodies to make it through these next two games. Maybe if they impress they bump Bibbs and/or Marshall off the roster. 

Bringing in Charles or AP isnt looking for a body to get through a few preseason games....

11 minutes ago, panahoo said:

Bringing in Charles or AP isnt looking for a body to get through a few preseason games....

remember when we signed Larry Johnson and Willie Parker before training camp.  Parker didn't last past camp and Johnson played two games.  Signing guys who are done, because you need someone to run the scheme so everyone else can practice doesn't stop these guys from being done

17 minutes ago, panahoo said:

I think it pretty much is just that... now, sure with a guy like AD (to us Sooners he is AD and not AP :)), due to his career you might hold out some hope for capturing some magic, but I bet they are fully planning on Kelley/Perine being 1-2 and just kicking tires on anyone else. 

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

not just experienced NFL backs.

but guys who have been out of the league a while.

that cries desperation.

I still think we can get a better running back after final cuts. There will be some good ones.

Of course it's desperation. We literally have 2 guys that can play RB that are healthy. You literally can't run practice. We should be looking to ad like 2 guys, at least.

36 minutes ago, kleese said:

Disagree with the bolded section. He was the piece that was going to get us over teh hump. He was the peice that could have taken us to the playoffs. He was the peice that took one of the weakest areas, and made it legit.

32 minutes ago, panahoo said:

No, but it might work out that way. If Kelley is our starter, then we have a very bad starting RB.

13 minutes ago, kleese said:

I think it pretty much is just that... now, sure with a guy like AD (to us Sooners he is AD and not AP :)), due to his career you might hold out some hope for capturing some magic, but I bet they are fully planning on Kelley/Perine being 1-2 and just kicking tires on anyone else. 

I don't know. I know Gruden has a thing for Kelly, so you might be right. But I don't think you can go into this season and look at these 2 and think you have anything that is even passable. What the running game has showed us is that Kelly is really bad @2.1 ypc. Perine had another fumble. I think you have to look for better, and not just a camp body. I also don't think they would be contacting guys like Peterson and Charles if all they wanted was a camp body. There are plenty of undrafted FA's out there for that.

Skins have not done well getting a decent running back ever since they let Alfred Morris go several years ago and yet he is still being signed by NFL teams.  Also, we let Nate Sudfield go last year. The Eagles really believe he can be a decent quarterback.  Our overall talent evaluation ability still really concerns me as we bring in these old running backs this week for tryouts.   Does our running backs coach know what he is doing?  In fact, how well did Gruden evaluate his offensive coaches during the off season?  We will find out a lot this season.

25 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Skins have not done well getting a decent running back ever since they let Alfred Morris go several years ago and yet he is still being signed by NFL teams.  Also, we let Nate Sudfield go last year. The Eagles really believe he can be a decent quarterback.  Our overall talent evaluation ability still really concerns me as we bring in these old running backs this week for tryouts.   Does our running backs coach know what he is doing?  In fact, how well did Gruden evaluate his offensive coaches during the off season?  We will find out a lot this season.

1st part, Sudfield was cut the final day and we would have put him on the PS.Considering we had Cousins and McCoy ahead of him, that made sense He declined and went to Philly on his own. It's not like we cut him and he cleared wavers and we still didn't resign him.

2nd part, our position coaches don't have final say on who starts. This is 100% on Gruden. Position coaches don't have a lot of say on who is drafted, or brought in via FA either. You're looking to blame the wrong people.

55 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

he knows what he's doing in the sense he knows we need more bodies.  As for Sudfeld, the Eagles brought in Christian Hackenberg to compete for the final QB spot so they must not be that

6 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

2013- CT 5th round Jamison 7th round

2014- Seastrunk 6th round

2015- Matt Jones 3rd round

2016- Keith Marshall 7th round

2017- Perine 4th round

I mean we got CT. And besides Jones we haven't invested in any high round RB's, and we didn't miss on any real good ones to get the guys we got, say except for 15 when we could have had an Ajai instead of Jones. 

On 8/17/2018 at 9:52 AM, VaK9Trainer said:

Where were Phil Taylor and Adonis Alexander last night?  Are they injured?   

Yes but Alexander is expected to get a lot of playing time vs Broncos.

On 8/12/2018 at 10:38 PM, Califan007 said:

just so everyone knows, the Redskins have 6 players on IR so far this year. The 2nd closest team in terms of players on IR are the Titans with...6 players on IR. The next closest after the Titans are the Seahawks with 5 players on IR. After them it's the Steelers with 5 players on IR. No word on whether or not these other teams have owners who are cash-poor, have rehab equipment that is old and not up to date, or if their training staffs are being blamed.

Technically, the current amount is 7 players on IR.

Looks like Roullier has a groin pull. Not good.

https://twitter.com/BenStandig/status/1031959023443165184

Ben StandigVerified account @BenStandig

Ben Standig Retweeted ig: JPFinlayNBCS

Was told over the weekend Rouiller dealing with a groin injury. This OL will eventually be intact. Thinking Week 8. 2019.

Ben Standig added,

ig: JPFinlayNBCSVerified account @JPFinlayNBCS
Roullier not in uniform either
Show this thread
0 replies 5 retweets 13 likes

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Hopefully we will hear some updates on Quinn and Sims soon. Fingers crossed

More interested in Harris, to be honest. If he's available, then you're looking at a ST problem. If he's not, you need a 4th WR who can play WR.

I think we're going to have a @TK thread here soon "Redskins Make Roster Move" saying they IRed Quinn and re-signed Quick to the 53 man roster.  

Question will be, who's the punt returner...

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

More interested in Harris, to be honest. If he's available, then you're looking at a ST problem. If he's not, you need a 4th WR who can play WR.

I think we're going to have a @TK thread here soon "Redskins Make Roster Move" saying they IRed Quinn and re-signed Quick to the 53 man roster.  

Question will be, who's the punt returner...

I think you're right.  Part of me think  we reach out to Dez as well to see where his head's at.  He's also a lot cheaper after week 1 with the whole 'vested veteran guarantee' deal.  

As far as PR, Stroman / Johnson have both lined up there and I'd love to see us give Stroman a legit shot over a few games to see how he does.  

Archived