Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Syracuse.com: Central NY parents want top county court to evict 30-year-old son from family home

China

Central NY parents want top county court to evict 30-year-old son from family home

Camillus, NY -- Two Camillus parents are going to Onondaga County Supreme Court to force their 30-year-old son out of the family residence.

"After a discussion with your Mother, we have decided that you must leave this house immediately," father Mark Rotondo wrote his son, in a letter filed with the court.

But son Michael isn't going anywhere without a fight. 

The parents' lawyer, Anthony Adorante, said today that the couple is having trouble with their son and didn't know any other way to get him out. The couple declined comment for this story.

Michael has, so far, ignored their demand to leave, according to the court complaint.

Dad's Feb. 2, 2018 letter began an eviction process that has lasted three months so far and gone from local court up to Onondaga County's top court. They are now seeking a justice in that court to evict Michael.

The letters show how the eviction process has unfolded so far:

b96_letter1.jpg

f70_letter2.jpg

Click on the link for the full article

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

:rofl89: 

Worst.  Parents.  Ever.

And I don't mean for evicting the son.  I mean for creating this environment. 

Yep.

The type of person that we are lambasting as a generation of millenials worth nothing has been created by their parents.

I helped my daughter get her first apartment and when she didn't pay her rent, I made her break the lease and move into my house rent free provided she pay off the lease and keep house for me. And she did that 

When she got pregnant, I offered for her boyfriend later husband move in and take care of outside of the house. They moved to TX to be closer to his family after that.

I don't mind helping but there's trade off. And if she hadn't kept house, she would have been out, and she knew that.

It's hard, but once your young are raised, it's time to to and make one's own way.

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

:rofl89: 

Worst.  Parents.  Ever.

And I don't mean for evicting the son.  I mean for creating this environment. 

16 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Yep.

The type of person that we are lambasting as a generation of millenials worth nothing has been created by their parents.

You have no knowledge of the background to this situation, so your judgement of the parents is made blindly.

and the child.

well, grown adult child.

but really..... **** almost never gets to these absurd theatrical levels without some active dumbass participation from both parties involved at every step along the way.

12 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

You have no knowledge of the background to this situation, so your judgement of the parents is made blindly.

Yeah, that’s the millennial in me.  Also, my parent’s fault.

Pretty much everything wrong with society stems back to baby boomers and to lesser extent gen x.

41 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

:806:  Man is 30.  Lives with Parents.  Refuses to leave when asked.  Parents have no ability to deal with this situation like normally functioning humans.

Pretty sure I know everything I need to know, but please, offer up a hypothetical in which the situation the parents find themselves in is not worthy of ridicule.  

26 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

:806:  Man is 30.  Lives with Parents.  Refuses to leave when asked.  Parents have no ability to deal with this situation like normally functioning humans.

Pretty sure I know everything I need to know, but please, offer up a hypothetical in which the situation the parents find themselves in is not worthy of ridicule.  

Could have lost his job and his parents helped him out temporarily by bringing him back in the home.  He decided that he would then just live off of them and did not pursue other work opportunities

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Reminds me of a discussion I had with a retired Navy Chief.  He was complaining about how soft the leaders of today are.  I pointed out that people that are leaders today were his responsibility to mold when they were junior Sailors so if he wanted to blame someone, he should find a mirror.

39 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Isn't it easier to get a restraining order and change the locks ? Not to mention cheaper ? 

I know in general the laws to evict someone made it quite difficult.  One of the lawyers here can expand/clarify but my understanding if them have been letting him stay there, then he is a tenant.  So they can't just change the locks and a retraining order would require some kind of threat.

42 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

Could have lost his job and his parents helped him out temporarily by bringing him back in the home.  He decided that he would then just live off of them and did not pursue other work opportunities

Notwithstanding the fact that one of the letters specifically calls out his "poor work history," indicating that he never had a real job to begin with, it's still a colossal parenting failure that the guy moved back in and was just like, ****it, I'm not working, paying rent, or ever leaving.  

42 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

change the locks ? Not to mention cheaper ? 

I doubt he's on the lease, it would turn Civil instead of Criminal if they parents did that and he'd have to take them to court, not the other way around (at least my experience).  They're either too nice or too stupid.

4 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I know in general the laws to evict someone made it quite difficult.  One of the lawyers here can expand/clarify but my understanding if them have been letting him stay there, then he is a tenant.  So they can't just change the locks and a retraining order would require some kind of threat.

Which is why they have a lawyer and are following legal procedures.

I hope they are successful with the State Supremes. 

Ifnot, sell the property.

2 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

The law with respect to landlord/tenant rights vary wildly by state and by city.  Maybe the law in NY is particularly onerous for landlords, but generally if someone isn't paying rent or entered into some other legal obligation, then they aren't a tenant.  If they aren't a tenant and won't leave, they are a trespasser. 

I looked, but cannot find the actual court documents.  Sounds like they may be posted on Reddit, but I'm not willing to go there.  :)

For the record, if i were the parents - and just for fun lets assume that I've already raised my child just ****ing terribly that they feel they can walk all over me and bring me to my wits end, which would never actually happen b/c I'm not totally spineless - I would just become the worst roommate ever.  It would be a hellscape of passive aggressiveness, loud music when the 30 year old is trying to sleep, borrowing his **** without asking and using his toothbrush to clean my balls.

I bet these sad sacks are still doing his laundry as they try to evict him.  

17 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

My uncle did that to my entire immediate family (locked us out while we were out, no restraining order) because we weren't on the lease and he was scared he couldn't sell his house with us in it.  We went to the cops, they told us there was nothing they could do even though our stuff was still in there, this was in Virginia Beach in 2008.

Archived