Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's All Get Behind Alex Smith! Or Not!! (M.E.T.) NO kirk talk---that goes in ATN forum

Veryoldschool

First year I’m Going into a season with low hopes I’ve projected this team a 10 win team more years then not but this year I think we will be a five year team....since they prove my prediction wrong every year maybe this is the year they get to or break 10...

16 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Pretty sure you'd get behind him, knife in hand, wearing a nice purple Cousins jersey :rofl89:

No, I have two teams now and I can root for them both and enjoy the season more.  The Skins are like the wife i’ve had  for decades and still care about despite the fact her stupidity drives me nuts at times.  Despite all her annoying habits I still care.

The Vikings are the smoking hot sweetie on the side that is going thrill and delight me.  So I am going to be two timing, grabbing all the enjoyment I can!  I’m going to have my cake and eat it too!

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I can see that.

Plus I don't think you'll be in any danger of a potential playoff matchup to create any conflict.

Probably not but we can hope.  The Skins could find a way to get a wildcard with better health, Alex produces like Kirk, and the running game improves and maybe they can make that happen.  Maybe they have a punchers chance.

This thread is sad.

Kudos to OP. He repeatedly said he’d be out when Cousins was, yet here he is, sticking with his team and cheering on the new guy.

Wish the same could be said for the rest of the people in this thread. 

Looking forward to seeing what Smith can do.

On 3/13/2018 at 12:21 PM, Veryoldschool said:

My thoughts exactly!  We had thoughts and attitudes about his predecessor and about the trade, it’s time to let those thoughts go and embrace our new champion and get some enjoyment out of the FA and draft.  

You still here old man??? I thought you were behind Kirk and moving with him to Minnesota? ;)

4 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

No, I have two teams now and I can root for them both and enjoy the season more.  The Skins are like the wife i’ve had  for decades and still care about despite the fact her stupidity drives me nuts at times.  Despite all her annoying habits I still care.

The Vikings are the smoking hot sweetie on the side that is going thrill and delight me.  So I am going to be two timing, grabbing all the enjoyment I can!  I’m going to have my cake and eat it too!

You might as well stick with the 'Skins all the way and wear this misery like a badge of honor. Besides, even if Minnesota wins the Super Bowl, you'll never feel all the way good celebrating, like cheering at your step-son's Harvard graduation while knowing your estranged firstborn is still attending NA meetings.

5 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

You might as well stick with the 'Skins all the way and wear this misery like a badge of honor. Besides, even if Minnesota wins the Super Bowl, you'll never feel all the way good celebrating, like cheering at your step-son's Harvard graduation while knowing your estranged firstborn is still attending NA meetings.

LOL... maybe so I don't know

On 3/13/2018 at 2:41 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

Honestly, "If healthy" has been kicking our ass for years now. I'm over Reed, and as much as I love the little Seminole, he's had do many brutal injuries I'm not sure what's left. Gruden basically had him under what amounts to football quarantine for 3 seasons, and when he finally decided to put the team on his shoulders, he bit the big one again. Just seems like we have a ton of question marks surrounding Smith right now.

I'm torn.  I don't think we have enough talent, anyway, but last just felt like a giant freak accident for an injuries standpoint, even guys we kinda expected injuries from.  I feel the same way as you do about CT, we finally break glass in case of emergency, and he breaks, too.

In regards to Alex, we're making a mistake if we don't make sure he has at least the same level of talent as he had in KC and expecting the same or better results.  He'll go down the similar reasons Kirk did because of asking him to save us without a running game, like he's Brees or Rodgers.

We need Le'Veon Bell.

Archived