Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's All Get Behind Alex Smith! Or Not!! (M.E.T.) NO kirk talk---that goes in ATN forum

Veryoldschool

I've actually turned the page now and am looking forward to the Alex Smith era here in DC.  I liked his little intro message and hopefully he can do some great things here.  Hopefully the front office can get some more pieces in free agency and the draft so they can build around him.  He is older than what they had at QB in years past, but he does bring that dimension of mobility which they haven't had since 2012.  Here's hoping he can deliver some of the great games he had in KC now in DC.

Veteran guy like Alex with jay... the plays will write themselves.  Jays experience with cousins will help.

We're going to be one of those teams that needs the running game and defense to be reliable.  I say reliable, not great, because neither of those areas are likely to shock the world.  But the offense should be interesting, and clever enough to get a winning score. Don't get blown out.  Don't get under 50 yds rushing in a game, and Jay and Alex will put together something for the winning score.

For whatever reason, Alex is a guy I trust on the field, in any situation.  I mostly felt that way about Kirk, but he did have a couple bonehead moments.  The kneel that should have been a spike comes to mind.  Still love Kirk, and I do wish he was still here building with us, but if there was any way out of this, it was doing exactly what we did.  They wasted no time getting this guy.

And enough with the FO hate.  It was a mess but it's in the past.  Can we just admit that we were all skeptical about a super long term deal for Kirk, even 2 years ago?  (The only thing I HATE is that dumbass announcement about how much they offered him, I mean why the hell??).  

It's almost like they knew they screwed up and said ok let's get a good qb and do it now.  And they did.  Qbs are moving all over the league the last few days. Can we say we got the best of all those deals?  Time will tell, but trust is an important thing, and Mr Smith is about as reliable and trustworthy as it gets.  I'm on board.  Make some plays fellas.

5 hours ago, Dirt said:

We're going to be one of those teams that needs the running game and defense to be reliable.  I say reliable, not great, because neither of those areas are likely to shock the world.  But the offense should be interesting, and clever enough to get a winning score. Don't get blown out.  Don't get under 50 yds rushing in a game, and Jay and Alex will put together something for the winning score.

Which is nothing new here.

We're still looking for both.

5 hours ago, Dirt said:

And enough with the FO hate.  It was a mess but it's in the past.  Can we just admit that we were all skeptical about a super long term deal for Kirk, even 2 years ago?  (The only thing I HATE is that dumbass announcement about how much they offered him, I mean why the hell??).  

It's almost like they knew they screwed up and said ok let's get a good qb and do it now.  And they did.  Qbs are moving all over the league the last few days. Can we say we got the best of all those deals?  Time will tell, but trust is an important thing, and Mr Smith is about as reliable and trustworthy as it gets.  I'm on board.  Make some plays fellas.

This is part of the FO hate. They treat people like ****, running them down in the media like this. They did it to McCloughan, now they're doing it to Cousins.

I sincerely hope Smith does well, but I have very low expectations. How can I not after two and a half decades of buffoonery?

One of my buddies who is a Chiefs fan texted me the other day. My last text to him was from late September and said  "Alex Smith is looking like the MVP this year, unlike Baby Brady." (I referred to Cousins as baby Brady) Kinda funny how that all worked out.

Archived