Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which wide receiver would you like Washington to get?

RG3fan

1 minute ago, TK said:

I've head he(Pryor) already had a wink wink handshake deal there.

Wouldn't surprise me. But he and Cousins didn't mesh well (understatement alert), so I can't imagine the two of them going to the same place by choice.

Not that Cleveland would be my top guess for Cousins' destination or anything. 

Jamison Crowder. Sign him long term deal now and not next year as a free agent. Helps compensatory picks and leverage. Rather not sign any free agents unless extremely cheap or they were cut. Emmanuel Sanders if cut would be my pick.

Have to go back to the draft for help. Not sure combine speed numbers yet so someone there makes more sense to me then signing a free agent

I'd rather continue with our free agency approach of low cost/high ceiling/high risk guys with contracts that are easy to get out of. Not sure who fits that bill as far as free agents go at WR this year as I haven't had a chance to really sink my teeth into free agents.

But I really like the DJ Chark kid from LSU. Give me him or a different speedy WR to compliment Doctson on the outside, trade Jordan Reed, and draft Caleb Wilson or Troy Fumagelli to groom under Vernon Davis. Oh and a lead back in the 2nd round. I hear we spoke with the kid from SDSU at the senior bowl...

That's my (very) early off-season wish-list

33 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Art Monk 

HTTR 

I'd love to get Monk, but I think this team needs more A Ricky Sanders type more. We need the burner.

We probably do need a receiver, but honestly, I think we need to see growth. Doctson has to make a big jump. His draft notes all said he had exceptional hands. We need to see that and the route running that was hot and cold get much better. Crowder ended well after a poor start, but we need him to, at least, return to his 2016 form. I think Maurice Harris has some potential as a chain mover too. What we lack is a speed guy. Right now, our best speed guy is Davis. Last year, we misued Doctson as a speed guy. He did okay at it, but he's not really fast.

Like another poster, I'd like to see Crowder continue to see reps and let Doctson continue to develop.  I saw flashes of greatness from Doctson last season, could he be the first receiver who we've drafted that actually pans out?  Maybe spend a little on a more experienced receiver that doesn't break the bank.  It would be nice to have a TE who isn't continually injured too.  Alex Smith seems to like his TE's.

I have no clue who is signed for next season on this team and what FA's will be available because I just don't really pay attention as much any more.  Thanks Snyder.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I was just reading Keim.  He's saying a deep threat receiver is a top FA priority.  On that front, I'd presume Paul Richardson is a top choice.  I read an Seattle article suggesting that he is looking for 7 million or so a year.

Why can't Crowder be that deep threat guy?  Plus, in my limited view of Smith, he isn't really a deep threat thrower type of QB is he?

Archived