Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your 2018 Redskins Predictions

88Comrade2000

My 2018 Redskins Predictions 

1.  Bruce Allen remains and Dan Snyder actually extends his contract. :hitfan:Snyder says Bruce is here for life.

2.  Doug Williams will be face of the personnel department and will be making some of the player acquisitions. I say only some because I think Dan & Bruce will be involved with our first round pick and the higher profile free agents.

3. Jay Gruden becomes the first Snyder coach to make it to year 5, but he has to give up play calling. 

The next predictions depends on what happens with Kirk Cousins.  I firmly believe that neither Snyder or Allen really want Kirk back but he's been the best option. Depending on what happens elsewhere, the Redskins could have some options at QB besides Kirk.  I just can't predict what will happen there; so I'll give predictions with and without Kirk.

With Kirk 

4.  If Kirk returns, it will just be that we franchised him for another year. Kirk signs the one year tender, but will do it at the latest date possible.  We will not sign Kirk to a long term deal. The Redskins go 8-8 or 9-7 and are in a contention for a wild card spot. They fail to make the playoffs because they lose their final game.  The Skins draft a potential replacement in the lower rounds.

Without Kirk

4.  Kirk doesn't return.  We either trade for a QB or sign a free agent to replace Kirk. We also spend either a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a QB to groom. The Skins have a double digit losing season with at least 10 losses. Snyder fires Jay and we start anew in 2019. 

Non-divisional 2018 schedule:

Home: ATL, CAR, HOU, IND, probably GB

Away: TB, NO, TEN, JAX, 3rd place NFCW

Doesn't look any easier than last year.  But still has the potential for 9-10 wins, and of course everything depends on Kirk. That said, even within the division, its hard for me to pick us winning any of the four games against Philly and Dallas right now. 

Of course everything depends on whether they sign Cousins to a LTD.  That is THE storyline going into the offseason.  If they do, it would be great for not only Cousins but also for team's reputation.  If they don't, it will show how much they don't care for stability as well as taking care of their own.

Re-sign Cousins and Brown, lose the injury bug, hopefully keep Breeland, let Nicholson go into camp as our starting free safety, and pick up a RB/WR.

We do that, and the ball bounces the right way a couple times, and we could win it all.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The team is heavily Qb dependent right now so if you take out the key cog, it all falls apart.  Should be one of the most interesting off seasons ever.

The less interesting the better.  We need help at WR and RB, so stability at quarterback would be a good tiebreaker.  I hope we lock him up immediately instead of this bull**** seven-month drama we had this year.

2018 will be mostly a repeat of 2017.

There, that was easy!

Once again the injury bug will surface, but this time it takes Cousins out [ if he's still here ] for 4-6 weeks. He has dodged the injury bug but its only a matter of time, and it will be yet another example of ' what if ' regarding the season.

It will probably happen week 3, but it won't really matter much; the Eagles will continue to get better, the Cowboys will have their little criminal back at RB, and the crappy season the Giants had this year will be a distant memory, as they will somehow be competitive, while the Redskins struggle to get to a 5-11 record. 

Doctson doesn't improve, still drops easy passes, runs slow curving routes that most of us could keep up with,

Crowder will want to be on another team that has a chance to win.

A butterfly farts on Reed's helmet and concusses him, knocking him out for most of the season.

Perine gives up football and takes a position on the grounds crew.

And the topper of all; Bruce Allen reaches Jim Haslett on my " Hate-A-Hobo " meter by being given a vote of confidence by Snyder.

Until Bruce Allen is fired, this team will never amount to anything but hype and off-season champions, bringing in over-the-hill bums and overpays them.

I'm not exactly sure if its my crystal ball or the crystal meth that's predicting this, but it sucks next year for the Redskins.

A rookie QB will start every game for us in 2018. Not sure which one yet. But Cousins is gone.

When Cousins leaves Dan will blow it all up and hire a real GM.

Jonathan Allen will stay healthy all season next year and earn his first trip to the Pro Bowl.

Doctson will continue to develop but shows he is still a number 2 receiver and a horrible first round pick.

We will sign a big name WR in free agency. Maybe Jarvis Landry?

Our first 4 picks in the draft will all be offensive players.

32 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

A rookie QB will start every game for us in 2018. Not sure which one yet. But Cousins is gone.

If they go rookie at QB I'd presume they are trading up.  So doubtful they have their 2nd rounder, maybe not their third either.  If they just sit at their pick, I think likely its slim pickings, someone like Mason Rudolph. 

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If they go rookie at QB I'd presume they are trading up.  So doubtful they have their 2nd rounder, maybe not their third either.  If they just sit at their pick, I think likely its slim pickings, someone like Mason Rudolph. 

This is a VERY deep QB draft class coming up. Starting caliber QB's will go well into the second round IMO.

20 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

This is a VERY deep QB draft class coming up. Starting caliber QB's will go well into the second round IMO.

That class has also been downplayed by many draft geeks for being overhyped and overrated as this college season has unfolded.  And we still don't know if Rosen or Darnold are coming out.  

Now I think Bruce/Dan are potentially dumb as to the Qb position but not that dumb as to the PR aspects of selling the future without Kirk by promoting Plan B as one of the nonsexy QBs from the draft like a Rudolph or Ferguson or Falk or whomever.

If you want to snow the fanbase IMO you have to aim with a higher rated/sexy name.  The most obvious one is Mayfield.  

If Doug Williams meant what he said this week on 980, he didn't give the vibe that they'd be fishing high for a QB in the draft.  I explained why in other threads.  He gave me the impression that if Kirk goes it would be a FA replacing him.  He didn't talk QB at all but talked about the roster and he strongly conveyed that he thinks the roster is close and he isn't thinking rebuild.

50 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That class has also been downplayed by many draft geeks for being overhyped and overrated as this college season has unfolded.  And we still don't know if Rosen or Darnold are coming out.  

Now I think Bruce/Dan are potentially dumb as to the Qb position but not that dumb as to the PR aspects of selling the future without Kirk by promoting Plan B as one of the nonsexy QBs from the draft like a Rudolph or Ferguson or Falk or whomever.

If you want to snow the fanbase IMO you have to aim with a higher rated/sexy name.  The most obvious one is Mayfield.  

If Doug Williams meant what he said this week on 980, he didn't give the vibe that they'd be fishing high for a QB in the draft.  I explained why in other threads.  He gave me the impression that if Kirk goes it would be a FA replacing him.  He didn't talk QB at all but talked about the roster and he strongly conveyed that he thinks the roster is close and he isn't thinking rebuild.

We'll probably pay Case Keenum 15+m/year and he immediately goes back to being Case Keenum. Then we start to look for a new QB in 2019.

I cannot understand how an organization can be as incompetent as the Redskins. A QB-situation has never been as horribly handled as this one.

But I also don't understand the fans. This team sucked for so long. Now, without a great roster, we were competitive for a couple of years because of good quarterback play but ppl are still hoping to find the next Brady in the draft. After everything that happened around RG3...

Normally the whole stadium should be calling for an extension. This franchise needs stability and a long-term plan more than the short-term excitement a new prospect gives you.

Lol @ the poster who said Doctson will “still prove to be a horrible first round pick”. He had 6 (SIX) TDs this season, in what was pretty much his rookie season. Better than Malcolm Kelly or Devin Thomas did in any of their seasons with the team. At the start of training camp, i think almost everybody thought a 5+ TD season from Doctson would be pretty good. 

He deserves more time in my opinion. To say he’s not a good first round draft pick, that’s just laughable. 

Archived