Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

14 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Can we all at least agree that the Redskins poorly run and have been for a very long time? Does it really matter how poorly?

Um, I think it matters how poorly when an argument is made that they won't have a winning season until 2021 at the earliest. I think it matters how poorly when an argument is made that they're really no better than the Browns.

I remember someone saying awhile back that the Skins were the Clippers of the NFL. Being from California, I had to point out that, at the time anyway, the Clippers had a grand total of three winning seasons in the last 32 years. The Skins had won 3 Super Bowls over that same time span.

32 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

And should the redskins do that, it will be quite annoying to see you parade around taking part in any of the success that comes with it. 

Well it's not like I just started. Been negative about Dan Snyders fantasy football team since at least 2008.

They're at least 0 for 10 proving me wrong. Maybe they'll get it together one of these years but it doesn't look promising. 

Sell the team, you suck, even with a HOF coach you average under .500

Now, not saying that’s guaranteed to be the case for us in the near future. 

Even you add in the "not that I think it's going to happen" to your post. :ols:

7 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Um, I think it matters how poorly when an argument is made that they won't have a winning season until 2021 at the earliest. I think it matters how poorly when an argument is made that they're really no better than the Browns.

The Redskins are the only team in the league to not win 11 games since Gibbs retired the first time.

They pretty much suck since 1991 bro. I don't see how you can twist it any other way.

Just now, SkinsFTW said:

The Redskins are the only team in the league to not win 11 games since Gibbs retired the first time.

They pretty much suck since 1991 bro. I don't see how you can twist it any other way.

Since when did 11-win seasons become the barometer for how much you suck and not 0-win seasons? lol

I've got a question.  Why are we so cash strapped?  And now I'm reading it will be worse next year.  I know we have big money tied to Alex Smith, Trent, and Norman but it seems so many other teams are spending crazy money and we cant afford a 2nd tier D tackle.  If next year's projections are accurate, Norman has to go and it might be time to move Trent as well.  I love the guy but we could go with Ty at LT and draft our next starter.  Our O line is pretty average with him as a starter anyway.

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

Since when did 11-win seasons become the barometer for how much you suck and not 0-win seasons? lol

The 0 win teams have just as many SB trophies as all of those 6-10 to 10-6 Redskins teams. 

I don't remember in 1988 thinking that the Redskins had a good season but apparently some Redskins fans are quite content with another 7-9 season these days.

It's almost a high point in Dan Snyders ownership to be 7-9 (but OMG those injuries). What if? :rofl89:

Just now, SkinsFTW said:

The 0 win teams have just as many SB trophies as all of those 6-10 to 10-6 Redskins teams. 

I don't remember in 1988 thinking that the Redskins had a good season but apparently some Redskins fans are quite content with another 7-9 season these days.

It's almost a high point in Dan Snyders ownership to be 7-9 (but OMG those injuries). What if? :rofl89:

I think you think you're making good points lol...You're not. At all.

Your points are all over the place, you throw in strawman arguments apparently for ****s and giggles, and your answers in this post actually show how completely off your earlier post was, you just don't realize it. Jeebus, dude lol...

But I get it...if you didn't have your hatred of Snyder you wouldn't know what to post. Maybe the best pastrami sandwich you've ever had or some **** like that there. 

Alright then...............

I came into this thread to see the latest free agency news. Specifically was hoping for some Hankins news. It becomes time consuming scrolling through all the non free agency arguments. It's literally transformed from Redskins free agency into are we better, or worse than the Browns this year?? Isn't there a Browns thread, or a random thought thread for that. Come on now!  HTTR

1 hour ago, skins2victory said:

I came into this thread to see the latest free agency news. Specifically was hoping for some Hankins news. It becomes time consuming scrolling through all the non free agency arguments. It's literally transformed from Redskins free agency into are we better, or worse than the Browns this year?? Isn't there a Browns thread, or a random thought thread for that. Come on now!  HTTR

If if it’s any help the Browns haven’t signed Hankins either but yeah the subject drift is a little irritating.... 

but it I think it is odd just how quiet free agency has been league wide ... there are still so many big names without a job in 2018 ... 

I think we've handled FA pretty well so far. I think the fact we appear to have so many options early in the draft, a stated 20+ pool of players we are comfortable with, gives me reassurance to date.

i know people what Hankins signed then to draft Vea type scenarios, but I dont get that. Unless he's signing a reasonable deal, draft BPA then dive back into the FA pot.

5 hours ago, mojo said:

I've got a question.  Why are we so cash strapped?  And now I'm reading it will be worse next year.  I know we have big money tied to Alex Smith, Trent, and Norman but it seems so many other teams are spending crazy money and we cant afford a 2nd tier D tackle.  If next year's projections are accurate, Norman has to go and it might be time to move Trent as well.  I love the guy but we could go with Ty at LT and draft our next starter.  Our O line is pretty average with him as a starter anyway.

One reason is that those figures show us having 51 players under contract in 2019. Most teams have about 30. A good infusion of youth this offseason should allow many of the meh players to be released next year in exchange for younger/cheaper talent.

There's a difference between being negative and being critical. Sometimes, when I come to the stadium it feels like I am reading negativity for negativity's sake. I get that. Occasionally, venting's healthy. Mind you, too much of it will make you sick.

We're nearing that point in the offseason where I start to drift more and more to the Tailgate because there is no Redskins news and when there's no news things get depressing. Mind you, given the state of the world, I might need refuge from the Tailgate too because it's pretty easy to get negative there too.

At any rate, if all you feel is negativity and all you see are storm clouds... maybe you should take a walk in a park, buy an ice cream cone, or play catch for a bit. There's really not going to be any new Redskins' news until the Draft. Give your mind some time to heal.

3 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I think we've handled FA pretty well so far. I think the fact we appear to have so many options early in the draft, a stated 20+ pool of players we are comfortable with, gives me reassurance to date.

i know people what Hankins signed then to draft Vea type scenarios, but I dont get that. Unless he's signing a reasonable deal, draft BPA then dive back into the FA pot.

How about signing Reid (talented and cheaper than Hankins) and drafting Vea ?

7 hours ago, skins2victory said:

I feel ya bud.  With such a quiet offseason regarding signings... speculation and debate can only take you so far before arguments and opinion bashing become the narrative to continue the typing.  I've fallen victim to it, where I've typed almost the same thing multiple times over the course of a single thread.  Conversations get derailed after a while.

My assumption is that we're looking harder at the draft for someone like Vea, and Hankins would just be a bonus if he decided to take a deal that's very team friendly.  I don't think we're actively pursuing him because of the amount of money we will be having to spend next year on Smith, Scherff, and possibly Crowder... depending on how this year goes for him.   

10 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

The problem isn't the "treading around .500". The problem is that treading around .500 for the Redskins is always the good times. When they have 1 Qb start every game for 3 years for the first time in 30 years. Or when they have a HOF coach for 4 years. Those average .500 type seasons are the Redskins SB.

The rest of the time are the  3-13 or 5-11 years where the Redskins are comparable to the Browns and Jags and Lions and Rams. (All of which either already have or will soon pass up the Redskins)

Honestly, for me, the way the game is going now - once Tom Brady retires, it's a literal crap shoot of parity every year on who makes the playoffs.  It'll be a more kalidescope league than ever (not sure I got that spelling right but you get it).

I think our starting 11 on all sides of the ball has dramatically improved over the last 5 years (WRs aside this past season) and our depth was tested due to health.  I'm not saying we're world beaters but we are THAT bad anymore.  We're solid.  Mediocre.  With a little luck we can sneak into the playoffs.  Unlucky with injuries in the wrong spots and we will only win 6 or 7 games because we're not THAT good yet.  We're solid.

That's a long way from the flash in the pan seasons with RG3 or the bad NFC Least year where we won the Division in 2015.  I think the last time this team was good enough to win a Super Bowl was 2005 if not for one or two plays in Seattle going the wrong way.  Between 2005 and 2014 this team was a joke.  Since Gruden got here we've gotten MUCH, MUCH, better.  Like him or not, we need to keep at him until he shows that he can't do it with the right players in place.  Cause he's shown he can do it with the wrong ones and a little luck.

Comparing football - with 53 man rosters and 11 players on the field at a time - to basketball (12 and 5), baseball (23 and 9) and hockey (23 and 6) where just one player can change the whole game is ludacris.  And for how poor the other teams were to get Ovechkin, Wall, Harper, and Strasburg, they've done absolutely **** with them.

No press on that other than "The Nats/Caps/Wiz blew it again - and the Redskins still suck."

Leave it out.  Actually have some pride in your work and do some reporting.  It's why guys like Keim, JP, Tandler, and Russell are always my first reads/listens.  They actually do some work.

http://nfltraderumors.co/top-2018-nfl-free-agents-list/

^^ current list of available FAs. 

RBs:

Murray (30) - cut so he wouldnt count against comp picks. A good compliment to CT imo. 

Sprole (35) - doesnt fit need, would count against comp picks

Darkwa (26) - would count against comp picks. 

Darkwa, a free agent, rushed for 751 yards and five touchdowns last season with the New York Giants. He also recorded 116 receiving yards on 19 catches.

He is visiting NE. He was the giants featured back last year. 

Alfred (29) - would count against comp picks, good compliment to CT imo

Peterson (35) - wouldnt count against comp picks .. meh

I wouldnt have a problem w Murray or Morris on a 1 yr deal. I imagine these 2 will be scooped up soon after the draft or maybe even the day or 2 before. 

----------------------------------------------------

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Kenny Vaccaro will visit the Dolphins on Thursday. Vaccaro ranked No. 27 on our list of the top free agents this year and is the top-ranked players unsigned and untagged at this point in the offseason.

Archived