Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins 49ers Post Game Assessments

Burgold

22 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Haha you realize the contradiction in your first two sentences, right?

I'm someone who "criticized" him. He had some great passes, and very pretty stat line is, but he just seemed off. Look, I love cousins, but it's okay to say he missed on some and looked like he was on a different page than his wrs more than usual. 

Ok that's fair. What I meant was I get saying man he was way off downfield (which is out of the norm for him). He was. But guys saying cousins played poorly today or giving a poor assessment of his game as a whole is ludicrous. Sure he sailed some balls. But my point (which I didn't word well at all) was that overall he was easily our best player on offense today and had a very very good game as a whole. 

He may very well have iced the game earlier had the refs not boned us with the Davis call. 

10 minutes ago, UKskins said:

I don't know what y'all have been drinking - anyone would think this was the apocalypse or something.

49ers are not a bad team. They're the first team in history to lose 5 on the spin by 3 points or less. They're not a great team, or even a particularly good one, but y'all slating on them like they're the Browns or something. They've got some nice pieces - A rookie QB who balled.

Uhh....  you are what your record says you are.  You said its not like they are the Browns....  they both are tied at 0-6.  They are JUST like the Browns.  You dont have to fatten the 49ers up to make us look better.  We should have destroyed them, period.

10 minutes ago, UKskins said:

I don't know what y'all have been drinking - anyone would think this was the apocalypse or something.

49ers are not a bad team. They're the first team in history to lose 5 on the spin by 3 points or less. They're not a great team, or even a particularly good one, but y'all slating on them like they're the Browns or something. They've got some nice pieces - A rookie QB who balled.

We got screwed out of 7 by the refs (again - sick of these idiots scoring for the other team every game).

We have about half our defense dinged up. We have our Perennial All-pro LT playing hurt. One of the best CBs in the league out. Our other starting corner lost halfway through the game. Our first round draft pick leaving FedEx in a boot. Swearinger playing hurt. Our starting RB out.

The Hopkins XP could have hurt us bad, and in years gone by, would have hurt us bad. 

Yes it was an ugly win. Real ugly. But these guys are playing with heart and passion like we haven't seen a team do in years. They're coming through adversity rather than bowing to it. Aldrick freaking Robinson actually caught some balls today - you know things aren't going your way when he's hauling them in and not dropping them like they're hot - yet we overcame that and walked out with a W.

It's not going down in the history books as a great performance, or one that will live long in the memory but I honestly think the only way you're mad with that game is if you'd convinced yourself pre-game that we were going to stomp them by 40+ points - That was never going to happen, and this was the archetypal trap game. That's a solid win against a team that's certainly better than their record suggests.

0-6 team isn't a bad team??? Wtf planet are we on right now??

they had two trash QBs. Multiple dropped passses. Missed FGs. And guess what? They do that every week. 

They are a bad team and we played down to their **** level 

A quibble from me that can be fixed.  We're up three and driving deep in Niner territory with just over 4 minutes left.  After a Chris Thompson run, the clock is stopped for a Niner injury, then gets wound.  We have a chance to knock 35 seconds off the game clock, but Kirk gets the snap with a full 20 seconds left on the play clock.  

Run that clock down, dammit!

1 hour ago, lavar1156 said:

It's time for a new kicker. Gruden was a fairy on the last drive. Play to win the game. That punt was brutal.

most teams don't automatically go for a FG in that situation, because of where the ball would be spotted if you miss it.  Punting it there is playing to win

16 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

they had two trash QBs. Multiple dropped passses. Missed FGs. And guess what? They do that every week. 

Ok first off who besides some of us thought we have been too good of a good team to play down to somebody?

We aren't playing down to anybody at our level of success.

We are underdogs. Gotta stay feral

we won.

Doesn't matter if its by 1 or 40. next week it doesn't matter, just the W

5 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

Ok first off who besides some of us thought we have been a good team, to play down to somebody?

After beating the Raiders and competing with the Chiefs, we were figured to be at least average; more like above average. Any way you look at it, an 0-5 team is trash, and a 2-2 team is at least better than trash. Any team not named the San Diego Chargers should be able to treat them as trash, and take them out with the trash.

22 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

They're literally 2 TDs and a FG worth of points over 6 games, away from being 6-0. I said very clearly they are not a good team, but they're not complete trash and several of our best players injured or playing hurt. Every team drops passes, 49ers more than most, but Hoyer, who has been the QB for the other 5 games was benched because we were stomping them whilst he was in - they put a rookie out there who had a nice-ish day, we picked up more injuries and it ended up tighter than we would have liked. Gould missed a 47 yarder, it's hardly a gimme - The FG success percentage from 47 must be about 70%. Gould was 14/14 before today, so no, they don't do that every week. It's not like he missed an Extra Point or something stupid.

EDIT - Oh yeah, the refs gave them 7 too. It shouldn't have been that close if the refs called the game legitimately.

It's football, it happens, we got the Win, get a grip.

7 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

Ok first off who besides some of us thought we have been a good team, to play down to somebody?

When we almost beat one of the best teams (Chiefs) in the NFL, you lead your fans and the rest of the league into believing you are to be taken serious.  Then you go out and struggle against a horrible 49ers team and have to luckily sqeeze out a W?

Not acceptable!!  We want to contend this year, not just pad our win loss column enough to be .500 or a game above.  We believed after the Chiefs game that we had a good team.

We got the W today, but I have new found doubts about who we really are.  Maybe the Chiefs played down to US.  I don't really know.  The Eagles will help show us what we are truly made of next week!

5 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

After beating the Raiders and competing with the Chiefs, we were figured to be at least average; more like above average. Any way you look at it, an 0-5 team is trash, and a 2-2 team is at least better than trash. Any team not named the San Diego Chargers should be able to treat them as trash, and take them out with the trash.

The Raiders arent a good team.  We beat them the way we should have beat the 49ers today.  You stomp sorry teams out.

Just now, LavarArringtonMachine said:

When we almost beat one of the best teams (Chiefs) in the NFL, you lead your fans and the rest of the league into believing you are to be taken serious.  Then you go out and struggle against a horrible 49ers team and have to luckily sqeeze out a W?

Not acceptable!!  We want to contend this year, not just pad our win loss column enough to be .500 or a game above.  We believed after the Chiefs game that we had a good team.

We got the W today, but I have new found doubts about who we really are.  Maybe the Chiefs played down to US.  I don't really know.  The Eagles will help show us what we are truly made of next week!

Wins aren't acceptable.....

I'm not sure how to argue against that

3 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

I said luckily squeezing by a horrible team is not acceptable for where I want my team to be.  That effort doesnt work against even average teams.

So no...  I didnt say winning is not acceptable.

*please read posts carefully*

11 minutes ago, LavarArringtonMachine said:

The Raiders arent a good team.  We beat them the way we should have beat the 49ers today.  You stomp sorry teams out.

Have you even glanced at the 49ers other games? Did you listen to the announcers? This is not your typical 0-5 team. Most of.their games were lost by 3 points or less and 2 of them in overtime.

And fyi...we broke the Raiders. They were the highest scoring team till they played us

9 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

I was just thinking the same.

Did the Chiefs play down to us, did we play up to them, or is it just football where any given Sunday(/Monday/Thursday) anyone can beat anyone?

We aint the 1972 Dolphins. We have a lot of injuries and mostly to our key players. We're going to have bad days even if we have zero injuries, and sometimes that will be against teams that aren't all that good.

This fanbase is chaos - so reactionary (and yep, I'm guilty of it on occasion too) - Nearly beating the Chiefs doesn't mean we're going to the Superbowl, it means we got an L in our record. Winning ugly today doesn't mean we're suddenly trash but it means we got a W in our column.

4 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Btw, someone who's better with rules than me (@Kleese maybe) help me to understand why the offensive PI didn't result in a ten second run off. I thought penalties inside a minute also earned a time penalty.

think it has to do with penalties while the clock is stopped.  false start etc 

3 minutes ago, LavarArringtonMachine said:

I said luckily squeezing by a horrible team is not acceptable for where I want my team to be.  That effort doesnt work against even average teams.

So no...  I didnt say winning is not acceptable.

*please read posts carefully*

yeah you want domination...I just want a W

You need to do something about it if its not acceptable to you, otherwise its a win!

2 hours ago, redskinss said:

I just need to calm down and realize we won. 

I've never been so pissed off by a win in my life. 

Careful brother... I was like that once after a 9-7 win over the Rams in 09... the next week we had the honor of ending the Lions 19 game losing streak... and we haven't beat them in 3 attempts since.

9 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Have you even glanced at the 49ers other games? Did you listen to the announcers? This is not your typical 0-5 team. Most of.their games were lost by 3 points or less and 2 of them in overtime.

And fyi...we broke the Raiders. They were the highest scoring team till they played us

I dont agree that we broke anybody,  I just think they played some inspiring ball for a stretch, but who have they really played.  If we broke the Raider, how come we couldnt break the Eagles and Chiefs?  

If we can "break" the Raiders, how come we struggled against an already broken 49ers team?  Raiders arent good in my opinion.  They just lost to a 1-4 team.  They are bad.

Offense B-  Kirk ended up with nice stats. The overthrows are nothing new and I think now its who Kirk is, spanning back to last year.  Mixing up the 3 backs and Cousins running, coupled with our signature by committee passing game was enough to get the job done.  Some of the play calling late seemed intent on milking the clock, but it has to be said, it worked.  Not a fan of CT lowering the head but you knew that was coming getting the start.  I loved the passes to Perine - real happy to see Jay call pass plays to him. That TD was not an easy catch for big back lumbering down the left flat.  CT is no longer our only back that can catch. Anyone else want to hop on the P train... ok never mind.  It'll be me and Jay vs the Big Mack Train for another week.

Defense C. Overall a blah game but they got the job done late.  They may deserve a B- though, for they held on late. We had the QB switch to deal with, which you know caused issues. The Legend of Beathard. DCs will be hit or miss on drop vs blitz, but we got some sacks and that is important. Props for chasing Hoyer.

Special teams, C recovering the onside didn't quite make up for the missed XP. I felt the punt into the endzone should have been angled, and try to pin them deep.

@Burgold major props for the immediate post game threads. We totally need it.

Really like hearing Portis say right now 

6 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Exactly.  Most fans do no research other teams.  They are without a doubt an atypical 0-5 team.  Some of our players were all laughter and conversations when we went up 14-0.  But they did what they have done all year - played it to the wire.  Just glad their first win did not come against us.

Archived