Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS: Bernie and Jane Sanders under FBI investigation - Bank Fraud

ABQCOWBOY

By John Bat CBS News June 23, 2017, 5:44 PM

Bernie and Jane Sanders, under FBI investigation for bank fraud, hire lawyers

Last Updated Jun 24, 2017 6:21 PM EDT

Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., and his wife, Jane Sanders have hired prominent defense attorneys amid an FBI investigation into a loan Jane Sanders obtained to expand Burlington College while she was its president, CBS News confirms. 

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bernie-and-jane-sanders-under-fbi-investigation-for-bank-fraud-hire-lawyers/

This is ridiculous, they didn't go on a safari with that money, she tried to expand a College Campus.

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I'm not even sure what the word "investigation" means anymore.

Could mean anything you want to mean, as long as it means what you want it to mean.

19 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I think this is one of those times that the FBI doesn't poke around unless they're damn sure they have a strong case.  

Yeah probably.  Fudge a couple hundred grand in booster contributions to qualify for a 10 million dollar loan to try and save the university?  Doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility.  Hardly some kind of great scandal no matter what the outcome, really.

18 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Yeah probably.  Fudge a couple hundred grand in booster contributions to qualify for a 10 million dollar loan to try and save the university?  Doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility.  Hardly some kind of great scandal no matter what the outcome, really.

While not some great scandal, it's the mindset that helped lead to the great recession: being a little generous on loan applications to secure loans. We need leaders to be above reproach on these items. Plus if I'm not willing to hold the people accountable for their actions when they align more with me politically, how can I have that expectation of the right and Trump? Granted, I would not equate Trumps constant lying and total lack of integrity with this one issue, but I think it's a slippery slope.

6 minutes ago, Hersh said:

While not some great scandal, it's the mindset that helped lead to the great recession: being a little generous on loan applications to secure loans. We need leaders to be above reproach on these items. Plus if I'm not willing to hold the people accountable for their actions when they align more with me politically, how can I have that expectation of the right and Trump? Granted, I would not equate Trumps constant lying and total lack of integrity with this one issue, but I think it's a slippery slope.

Its definitely a slippery slope...when the FBI turns a blind eye to it.  Not the case here, tho.

6 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Interesting that the person who first wrote to the U.S. Attorneys Office alleging bank fraud was Brady Toensing, chairman of the Donald Trump election campaign in Vermont.

Brady's mom was a key player in the Benghazi "investigations", and, like her son, has a problematic relationship with the truth.

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

Yea but I feel like they probably make alot of decisions together. May not be a fair assumption though. 

What gives you that impression ? 

I have made plenty of decisions without consultation from my wife. 

I have trust in my wife to make similar decisions on her own. 

Perhaps he knew after the fact. Yet, the choice was made. 

1 hour ago, Mooka said:

You guys realize its his wife that's under investigation right?

Article mentions that he possibly phoned in to try and press for approval.  I think the whole thing is not worth the paper its printed on, but the "investigation" thing is all that's going to make it home to some people.  The battle for public preception is on.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Or, they're all ****ing crooked...

They're crooked as they prove themselves crooked. Absolutes and groups of people rarely ever seems to be the smart play.

Many of them absolutely are. Trump has proven it and continues to do so. It's not even really fair to compare anyone to him. His whole essence is crooked. He's like Babe Ruth coming in at the end of the dead ball era. It's not even remotely fair.

And now, to my immense amusement, Bernie is potentially proving he is crooked as well. 

I just love that the two politicians with the most rabid, ****-for-brains cults behind them (mouth-breathing neanderthals for Trump, granola-snorting philosophy professors for Bernie, tiny dicks and white privilege for both) aren't what their supporters so desperately and even violently have been trying to ram down our throats since the start. Like they're so desperate to not be the only ones who got played. 

Said it before and I'll say it again, the absolute best-case, dream scenario is that the next Civil War--IF and only IF it defintely has to come to that--is exclusively between Trumpster Divers and Bernie Butthurters--out in the middle of no where somewhere, like a big paintball match but with real weapons--while the rest of us sit back, eat popcorn and watch the little ****s of society kill each other off. So many birds, one stone. 

And just to be clear, no I haven't forgiven the Butthurters. 

Whether the Bernie thing being true and/or against the law is pretty much besides the point now.  "Bernie Sanders under investigation" will be repeated by all the necessary news outlets with little to no follow-up so that way the parrots will squawk about it regardless of the outcome of the "investigation" and it will be referenced forever now.

Archived