Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS: Bernie and Jane Sanders under FBI investigation - Bank Fraud

ABQCOWBOY

1 hour ago, Kosher Ham said:

What gives you that impression ? 

Zero factual basis behind it. I just feel like he the type of guy that would would like to have the opinion of if you are married to him. He seems like he knows things a stuff. 

On June 28, 2017 at 2:57 PM, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

I just love that the two politicians with the most rabid, ****-for-brains cults behind them (mouth-breathing neanderthals for Trump, granola-snorting philosophy professors for Bernie, tiny dicks and white privilege for both) aren't what their supporters so desperately and even violently have been trying to ram down our throats since the start. Like they're so desperate to not be the only ones who got played. 

Said it before and I'll say it again, the absolute best-case, dream scenario is that the next Civil War--IF and only IF it defintely has to come to that--is exclusively between Trumpster Divers and Bernie Butthurters--out in the middle of no where somewhere, like a big paintball match but with real weapons--while the rest of us sit back, eat popcorn and watch the little ****s of society kill each other off. So many birds, one stone. 

And just to be clear, no I haven't forgiven the Butthurters. 

So your "dream scenario" is watching the millions of people who disagree with you die in a horrific bloodbath, but you think they are the violent "****-for-brains" cultists? "And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"

For what it's worth, this "granola-snorting philosophy professor" wouldn't support Bernie or any other Democrat today. I've been a leftist for a long time, but I now see how I had unwittingly succumbed to an ideology that is, perhaps inevitably, irrational, authoritarian, malicious, and destructive. I should thank you and others of similar mind whose hypocrisy and malevolence caused the cognitive dissonance that forced me to confront my mistake. Maybe sometime I'll write a post about it, but for now I'll leave you to your witch hunt.

25 minutes ago, s0crates said:

So your "dream scenario" is watching the millions of people who disagree with you die in a horrific bloodbath

I know you weren't directing this to me but, yes. I mean, I don't know if it's millions but whatever the number is.

edit: just kidding. I don't really want a bloodbath. Hangings would be fine.

54 minutes ago, s0crates said:

For what it's worth, this "granola-snorting philosophy professor" wouldn't support Bernie or any other Democrat today. I've been a leftist for a long time, but I now see how I had unwittingly succumbed to an ideology that is, perhaps inevitably, irrational, authoritarian, malicious, and destructive. I should thank you and others of similar mind for causing the cognitive dissonance that forced me to confront my mistake. Maybe sometime I'll write a post about it, but for now I'll leave you to your witch hunt.

Good, good.  The left-wing can be pretty crazy.   To think some people thought there would no difference between Hillary and Trump as president....  Ideology can be very dangerous.  

1 hour ago, s0crates said:

For what it's worth, this "granola-snorting philosophy professor" wouldn't support Bernie or any other Democrat today. I've been a leftist for a long time, but I now see how I had unwittingly succumbed to an ideology that is, perhaps inevitably, irrational, authoritarian, malicious, and destructive. I should thank you and others of similar mind for causing the cognitive dissonance that forced me to confront my mistake. Maybe sometime I'll write a post about leaving the left, but for now I'll leave you to your witch hunt.

This isn't easy to parse out but, if I had to guess, it appears as though Socrates is gonna do a full boomerang to hard-Randian Libertarianism.

Thats what I got from this anyway.

It's impossible to get a loan that size without providing financials to back up the income/donations, unless of course the bank turned a blind eye and committed fraud along with Jane Sanders.  If Jane S. fudged the numbers then that's wrong and maybe she gets a slap on the wrist but the bank should be in deep **** for giving what I like to call a "friends and family" deal.  You think Peoples United Bank would cut us some slack if we submitted an application and couldn't prove all the income, doubt it.

3 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

This isn't easy to parse out but, if I had to guess, it appears as though Socrates is gonna do a full boomerang to hard-Randian Libertarianism.

Thats what I got from this anyway.

I would rather not be forced into the box of any particular ideology, but to the degree that you must categorize me to think about what I say, at least allow me to identify myself. My current political thinking is liberal in the traditional sense. Think John Locke or John Stuart Mill for example. Individual rights and responsibilities, equality of opportunity, liberty and justice, fairness, free speech, property rights, due process, that sort of thing. 

I don't know about a "full boomerang," but I have changed my mind about some things. I wish to distance myself from the sort of neo-Marxist thinking characterizing much of the modern left. I've seen terms like regressive left, illiberal left, identity politics, and SJW used to describe what I have in mind. It's sinister, sick, the sort of depraved thinking that would allow you to gleefully contemplate the bloody carnage entailed by everybody who voted against Hillary killing each other.

I don't mean to exclude myself here. I don't doubt my own depravity, but I'm trying to do better, and I must admit this has involved being quite a bit more conservative.

Archived