Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Watching the NBA trophy presentation after seeing the Stanley Cup trophy presentation is almost laughable.  Of course I'm biased since it was Caps versus Warriors, but let's be real.  The NHL championship presentation is on a whole other level.

24 minutes ago, purbeast said:

CANT WAIT TO GET THE BLURAY!

Someone in Hollywood should make a move about all of this- if only there was someone in town who has experience at movie production or was part of a company that does it 

Still can't wrap my head around what happened. 

I never once thought that this team was championship material.  I couldn't be happier to be wrong about Trotz and the futures of Ovechkin/Backstrom.  If this is it for the championship window (and I think it is,) it's ALL worth it. 

Alex Ovechkin is the greatest athlete in the HISTORY of DC sports.  His legacy is now cemented. 

Watching that snake Durant coast to another title yesterday just makes me appreciate Ovie that much more. I'm so glad he's our guy and stuck it out here with us and won us and himself a Cup. I admit this time a year ago I wanted to trade Ovie, mainly because he deserved a Cup and I didn't think this tainted ass town would ever win it. I've never been more happy to be wrong in my entire life.

All praise be to Alex Ovechkin: the God King of D.C. sports.

It's crazy: Literally even just during game 1 of the finals I was feeling so unsure if we could hang with Vegas. That was really the first time I had watched Vegas play and it was such a fast-paced, high-scoring game and I'll admit I was concerned. Funny how things turned after the Caps settled down for game 2. Completely different feel of a series by that point. So hype!

Just now, CaptainJames2004 said:

It's crazy: Literally even just during game 1 of the finals I was feeling so unsure if we could hang with Vegas. That was really the first time I had watched Vegas play and it was such a fast-paced, high-scoring game and I'll admit I was concerned. Funny how things turned after the Caps settled down for game 2. Completely different feel of a series by that point. So hype!

Just the 1st really.  Caps dominated that game and if not for a blatant ref eff up they would have won and swept. The Caps really were much better than the Knights.  

12 hours ago, Springfield said:

I found this. ♥️ 

Youre my ****in’ hero Beal

On Jan 3, we were in the midst of a 5 game win streak and were sitting atop the division with a 25-13-3 record.  The team was rounding into form nicely and it was a good time to flash a little swagger.

Lets do it again!!

10 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

On Jan 3, we were in the midst of a 5 game win streak and were sitting atop the division with a 25-13-3 record.  The team was rounding into form nicely and it was a good time to flash a little swagger.

Lets do it again!!

I'm an optimistic person and when it comes to sports, no matter what the situation is, I'm always looking to see what it takes to win. What are the scenarios to victory and what will it take to get there. But I didn't even have the optimism you had, especially when so many others were saying it was over or would never happen. Mad props to you for your attitude all season.

2 hours ago, CaptainJames2004 said:

Caps had a lot of puck luck during the series.  I was on edge for the whole thing....but it's funny, this team was VERY close to sweeping (had games 2-5 stayed the same and if the Reaves x-check was called in game 1.) 

4 hours ago, CaptainJames2004 said:

What concerned me was the Super Bowl Sunday game when Vegas came in here and just blazed by the Capitals with speed especially on that day where the Caps always have a home game with an early start and over the years usually win

Funny how at first I didn't really care for the jerseys worn in the Annapolis game but now they will forever remind me of the season the Capitals won it all and couldn't be more beautiful 

12 minutes ago, c slag said:

What concerned me was the Super Bowl Sunday game when Vegas came in here and just blazed by the Capitals with speed especially on that day where the Caps always have a home game with an early start and over the years usually win

I think Grubauer was in goal for that SB game, IIRC.  Having Holtby in there during the playoffs (after the first two) really made a difference. And if he doesn't make that save in game 2 on Tuch and VGK somehow wins that game in OT, you may very well be talking about Vegas, instead of the Caps, winning the series in 5. 

Archived