Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are we blowing the whole thing up?

Burgold

It used to be that we were Kings of the off season. First day would come and Bang (sorry Bang) we'd be off to the races. We'd get our guy and practically everyone one else on our wish list. More recently, we've been captains of the second wave. Scooping up Plan B players and surprise releases. The idea was to sign a bunch of one year or cheap multi-year contracts until the draft rolled around and build from within. Well, this year we are seeing something kind of different. This year we are seeing an exodus. What's weird is that we are seeing an exodus when we are not in cap hell. More, we are seeing an exodus without putting up as near as I can tell any fight. 

There seems to be no effort to keep our own, to fight for our own, we are playing tough and cold with everyone. I don't get it. Is the idea to blow up what we've built? Does the Redskins' brain trust think this group has reached its ceiling? If that's the case, then maybe they should blow it up entirely. I really don't see much point in re-signing Kirk and surrounding him with guys who will take 2-3 years to get up to speed. Doctson may emerge. He might be great. Next year is his rookie year.

If we are blowing it up on offense and the defense already stinks... why not just blow the sucker to kingdom come and start over?

If that was happening we would be trying to trade Trent Williams and some of our other Vets later in their careers to stock up on picks.  This is just organizational ineptitiude on a grand scale.  Nothing more. 

I'll put it to you like this, there is only so much the fans are going to put up with. He was losing them when he decided to bring in Scot and that rejuvenated us and gave the fans something to really be proud of. Now he's killed all of that goodwill. 

Dan may not really realize it but this is the real crossroads. This is the real defining moment for him as an owner. The fans have been beaten down before but I've never seen them like this. He's very close to losing one of the leagues most loyal fanbases. He needs to understand this is it. We're about done. 

2 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

I'll put it to you like this, there is only so much the fans are going to put up with. He was losing them when he decided to bring in Scot and that rejuvenated us and gave the fans something to really be proud of. Now he's killed all of that goodwill. 

Dan may not really realize it but this is the real crossroads. This is the real defining moment for him as an owner. The fans have been beaten down before but I've never seen them like this. He's very close to losing one of the leagues most loyal fanbases. He needs to understand this is it. We're about done. 

Agreed. As a long time fan I have not felt this demoralized or beat down, especially during an off season, in many, many years. Perhaps there is a method to this madness. Nonetheless, I can hear Lombardy saying "What the hell is going on out here?"

With the first pick in the 2018 draft; the Redskins take ???

If we are going to blow it up; then Snyder should fire everyone. 

32 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

Actually, Dan has been here before.

End of Spurrier and End of Zorn; the 2 times when the fans were ready to bolt.

Luv the drama here ...

Here is the bright side:

1.  Jay extended 2 yrs.

2.  Kirk will play for at least one more year or will bring some value in a Trade.

3.  Skins have some $$$ to use on FA.

4.  Skins have 9 Draft choices (or is it 10).

5.  Pretty good OL.

6.  Mediocre league ... can get healthy with relatively few "key" additions.

7.  Other teams in Division all improved ... will chew each other up.

8.  Ok schedule.

9.  Its still early.

19. Great tradition! 

No we are not, to do that would require a real leadership with a vision of the future which we do not have. To do that would be smart. We do not do smart things here. We are run by a complete moron President who actually thinks that we the fans can be tricked by signing some other teams trash and all will be forgiven. The last guy who stepped up to this moron and objected to the approach was shown the door out. Bruce ruined this team and thinks that being 5-11 or 6-12 is better for us then being 2-14 which it's not. Bruce does not learn from past mistakes and is behind all of this.

If we had a proper leader my cuss words today would not be replaced by the word Bruce. Bruce this approach, dying by 1000 cuts is worse then dying by one. We need to protest this so much that it forces Bruce out the door. While he is here forget ever being relevant again. Bruce you Bruce for ruining us today

If they were blowing it up on purpose, one would really have to question whether the water in Ashburn is safe to drink. 
on the verge of actually becoming a consistently good team ready to move into contention... to blow it up now would indicate incompetence on a scale none of us thought was even possible.

I think they're just ****ing it up with no real understanding of why it's ****ing up.;

~Bang

9 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Thought you had us down as being a bastion of stability or some **** the other day? 

Now you want to blow it up! Which is it man! All this confusion is making my head fall off! :P

Hail. 

Threads aren't contradictory. :)

I think a "blow up" is a bit strong and overblown assuming we can retain KC.

1. loosing one of and possibly both starting WRs was a real possibility going in to 2017 - it played out as both. Doctson was supposed to be the answer :/

2. Baker is good, not great so his loss can be mitigated with other additions.

Team O moves through TEs and FA or draft can bring some level of replacement WRs.

Outside of that there is no major changes so far... but if KC gets traded then we might well blow it up because he makes the difference between 8-8 season and 4-12 season.

1. With KC we are a 8-9 win team. This is with a Bad D and a below average run game.

2. You'd think that making the D at least avg and improving the rungame a little - should net us 2-3 more wins.

If Skins can get to a consistent 10+ win team, Skins will become a contender. 

There are very few people that I really respect on the networks. Bill Polian is one of them.

He said this is nothing but Kirk's agent playing hardball to get his client more money and that Bruce not being bullied. He also said that if the Redskisn are offering $20M/yr (understanding that the guarantees are the critical part), that he thought that was more than fair.

When asked directly if this is problem he said every day is a problem in the NFL for someone. He also pointed out that Kirk actually has no real leverage here. Even without the LTD he can either paly for $24M or sit out. It's his opinion that this is power play by the agent. he said that the agents believe they are ij charge and that sometimes you need to remind them they do not.

Now this could just be one GM supporting another. But I find Polian to be one of the most level headed guys with the most reasonable takes on things. It's interesting that he said repeatedly, this is business as usual in the NFL this time of year.

Interesting take to say the least.

26 minutes ago, Gregpeck99 said:

Luv the drama here ...

Here is the bright side:

1.  Jay extended 2 yrs.

2.  Kirk will play for at least one more year or will bring some value in a Trade.

5.  Pretty good OL.

8.  Ok schedule.

9.  Its still early.

19. Great tradition! 

Bruce, You forgot to include "snazzy uniforms".

29 minutes ago, Gregpeck99 said:

Luv the drama here ...

Here is the bright side:

1.  Jay extended 2 yrs.

5.  Pretty good OL.

8.  Ok schedule.

9.  Its still early.

19. Great tradition! 

Kirk hasn't signed the tender bro. 

1 hour ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

- Sign Kirk to a LTD (assuming he accepts 24 per)

- add starters at DL, MLB and FS through draft/FA

- raid some good college/pro scouts from some other teams 

train keeps on chugging along. 

That's enough to keep me invested in the Redskins.   Anything short of this,  we need to REVOLT as a fan base.  

The problem with this team is that they've never fully committed to a true and total rebuild. I'm talking slash and burn and start over completely from scratch, like what Marty did in 2001. Even when we hire new coaches/FO people, we make win now bandaid type moves.

I'd rather just do what the Browns did, and just fire everyone and start completely fresh from the FO on down. Put as many guys as possible no trade bait. Basically treat this like an expansion team.

The aura of stink has plagued this franchise since Snyder took over and we just bury ourselves further and further with the occasional decent year.

Archived