Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

2 minutes ago, Jim Bob said:

And it's not like the organization is getting information out to the fans and media. And you do have the usual "sources with knowledge of the situation" saying the team doesn't know if he will be back.

It is way way more likely that SM already had a vacation scheduled during Free Agency in 2017 before he took the job here. I know at my work in the past they've been understanding when I've booked a vacation far out in advance and have to miss something. 

This is all all media speculation etc. 

on a a serious note, I wonder if this is the event that solidifies Cooley as the Teams mouthpiece?

19 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Solution for PR management since Marshawn Lynch probably wouldn't want it: Send out Clinton Portis to handle press conferences. Just tell him to say "Everything's A-Okay" while wearing wearing his Dolla Bill getup.

Dolla Bill would be too big of an improvement too quickly. Moving too suddenly from Wylie-level-competence to Dolla-Bill-level competence could cause a shock to the collective system of the fan base. I think we have to go in smaller increments. I suggest starting with this guy and working our way UP to Dolla Bill. 
BytMn5JIEAECjup.jpg

Lets just wait till everything plays out before commenting.

Why bother with a draft thread, you don't know who the Skins will draft.

Why bother with a FA thread, you don't know who the Skins will sign.

Predicting the score? lets just wait till the game is finished.

Whats most disappointing to me in all of this is that we all saw it coming and nothing has changed. The Skins are still run by idiots (rather anything is true, perception means alot in a business that is paid for by the spectators, but come on we know it is actually the worse case scenario....it always is). And the fans still buy in. 

I hate these people and im wearing my Redskins scarf right now. What wrong with me?

I think it is quite obvious that Scot will not be coming back. A GM, even considering a family emergency (which occurred a month ago), should be at the combine and at HQ for the start of free agency. This is a poor look on the part of the Redskins. They should have just kept him around until after the draft.

I simply cannot understand how things went to **** so fast after two successful season (in terms of where we were before).

Snyder and Allen can officially go **** themselves. Or they can **** each other. Either way, stop ****ing the Redskins organization and its fanbase.

10 minutes ago, I Love The Skins said:

I'm sorry but I'm not going to say Scot gone or staying until this whole thing plays out. We need to stop believing everything we hear or see in the media.

The Post is reporting that he was not at Redskins Park today for the first day of free agent negotiations.  So either this guy really really loved his grandmother or maybe there was a lot of truth to all of these reports all along.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2017/03/07/scot-mccloughan-not-at-redskins-park-for-start-of-free-agent-negotiations/?utm_term=.e6e6575c7277

I'll say that if Scot ends up being dismissed due to a relapse in alcoholism, then the team made the right decision. If it comes out that Scot gets canned because Allen didn't like him and they butted heads, I'm going to riot.

Whatever the case, something is going on. I just hope it's not Scot on his way out. That guy is a key asset for this team.

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

I simply cannot understand how things went to **** so fast after two successful season (in terms of where we were before).

Snyder and Allen can officially go **** themselves. Or they can **** each other. Either way, stop ****ing the Redskins organization and its fanbase.

What if the problem that cost him 2 jobs already resurfaced?  Can you really blame the team for taking action? 

1 minute ago, sknsrbck26 said:

I think it is quite obvious that Scot will not be coming back. A GM, even considering a family emergency (which occurred a month ago), should be at the combine and at HQ for the start of free agency. This is a poor look on the part of the Redskins. They should have just kept him around until after the draft.

I can see your point but by the same token if this is due to his drinking then they really can't keep him around the building and the media whilst he is dealing with it.  I recognize that the probability is this is going to end in bad news but it is possible that he has been given a sabbatical to sort out his issues and will be back at work if he can get straight.  The reports do suggest he is still watching tape and providing analysis to the team and Bruce has so far said he expects him back at work when he is ready so until an official source says something different I am going to stay positive and trust they are doing the right thing by an employee who is struggling with a serious problem.

1 minute ago, ExoDus84 said:

I'll say that if Scot ends up being dismissed due to a relapse in alcoholism, then the team made the right decision. If it comes out that Scot gets canned because Allen didn't like him and they butted heads, I'm going to riot.

Whatever the case, something is going on. I just hope it's not Scot on his way out. That guy is a key asset for this team.

I was just talking to a friend and we had the exact same reaction.  I think most fans would feel this way. 

7 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

What if the problem that cost him 2 jobs already resurfaced?  Can you really blame the team for taking action? 

Yes. Scot woudn't be the first person that Snyder/Allen has led to drinking. 

Honestly it's mostly how the entire debacle has gone down. It's clear this has been an issue, regardless of what it is, that has been going on for months. They chose to either ignore it and/or hope it worked itself out. Now, the combine is done, FA is about to begin and we don't even know who is in control of this team. The only FA that would want to come here are the ones looking for money. They've managed to resort back to the Redskins of a decade ago. 

2 hours ago, XtremeFan55 said:

For some strange reason I get a picture of Kim Jong-Un in my mind whenever I come across Snyder's name.  Instead of using anti-aircraft guns to bring down people who get on his bad side, he lets them twist in the wind before giving them the boot.  As long as his sycophants keep smiling and doing the bidding of the Supreme Leader they are safe.  

That's a helluva leap.  Goodness gracious.  Sometimes proper words escape me.  Hail

5 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Home office do wonder nowadays... Mobiles,  Internet, mails. You can still be full operational without being behind your desk.

Ain't that the truth, I am sitting in my recliner doing work and posting on message board.  In other words exactly what I did in the office. 

Wait are you suggesting SM is working this way?

2 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Home office do wonder nowadays... Mobiles,  Internet, mails. You can still be full operational without being behind your desk.

I guess that's why a lot of other NFL teams have their GMs staying home from combines and working from a desk at home as Free Agency begins. 

7 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Outside of a relapse, I can't see any good reason the GM should be dismissed. 

Other health reasons...maybe he's the one who got the PEDs for Murphy lol...nude photos of him and Russini have surfaced...he was overheard saying "I'd tap that ass" about Snyder's wife...shoes don't fit...socks don't match...take your pick.

8 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Outside of a relapse, I can't see any good reason the GM should be dismissed. 

A fundamental breakdown in opinion between him and Gruden on how me move forward. Who knows. Scots probably still very capable in his role, minor problem might be if he's drinking is kinda hard to just accept in his position and may make it difficult for others around him. 

29 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

But I'm a little fuzzy on the action they took.  This may come out later as the story develops, but if it's the drinking, what was sending him home gonna do if it doesn't involve rehab?   

If it's not the drinking and it's a personality conflict or some professional incompatibility, what was sending him home supposed to do?  It's like an adult version of go sit in the corner and don't come out until you wanna get with the program.

I personally think if they're not being sensitive to some personal problem, they shoulda just cut him loose after the season and before the Senior Bowl.  Clean break. Fun while it lasted, didn't work out.  The WWE future endeavor treatment.

Archived