Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

Loyalty Day.

remember way back when the right used to make fun of the left by calling them all "Comrade"?

This year, proclamation.

Next year, military parade down Constitution Avenue.

Year 3.. round up the non loyal and put them in Loyalty re-education camps.

I'm just waiting on the bullets. My hope is when it happens, the military sides with the people.

~Bang

31 minutes ago, Bang said:

Loyalty Day.

remember way back when the right used to make fun of the left by calling them all "Comrade"?

This year, proclamation.

Next year, military parade down Constitution Avenue.

Year 3.. round up the non loyal and put them in Loyalty re-education camps.

I'm just waiting on the bullets. My hope is when it happens, the military sides with the people.

~Bang

Funny, a year ago this would have sounded so extreme, so downright tin-foil-hat crazy that it would be dismissed out of hand.

Now you honestly have to wonder

He blamed the constitutional checks and balances built in to US governance. “It’s a very rough system,” he said. “It’s an archaic system … It’s really a bad thing for the country

I would have got away with it if it wasn't for that meddling document.

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:
I would have got away with it if it wasn't for that meddling document.

I really need to see the entire quote in full context. It would be in the top 5 worst things he ever said if the context is accurate in the article.

10 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I really need to see the entire quote in full context. It would be in the top 5 worst things he ever said if the context is accurate in the article.

The full context isn't much better.  Probably worse.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/04/29/trump_on_senate_a_very_rough_system_an_archaic_system_thats_a_bad_thing_for_the_country.html

The block quote:

MACCALLUM: You were a registered Democrat for a long time. Now Republican president of the United States. And people say, "Well, President Trump's not an ideologue. He is a pragmatist."

How would you describe your political philosophy?

TRUMP: Well, I'm not really an ideologue. I think I'm a person of common sense I think more than anything else.

And I was a Democrat. I came from a place -- you know, I lived in Manhattan. I started in Queen with my parents and then when I started doing little bit better and better deals, I was able to get into Manhattan, I moved into Manhattan. And in Manhattan you -- you know, Republicans are not exactly flourishing. And -- so I started off as a Democrat, like Ronald Reagan was also a Democrat. And over the years, you know, your -- your views just change somewhat.

But I think, more than anything else, I'm a person of common sense. I understand what has to be done. I get things done. I've always been a closer. We don't have a lot of closers in politics, and I understand why. It's a very rough system. It's -- it's an archaic system.

You look at the rules of the Senate, even the rules of the House -- but the rules of the Senate and some of the things you have to go through, it's -- it's really a bad thing for the country, in my opinion. They're archaic rules.

And maybe at some point we're going to have to take those rules on, because, for the good of the nation, things are going to have to be different. You can't go through a process like this. It's not fair. It forces you to make bad decisions. I mean, you're really forced into doing things that you would normally not do except for these archaic rules.

He goes from talking about his ideology to talking about how the "system" is archaic and rough, and then clarifies he means the rules of the Senate and House, and says they're bad for the country.  Then talks about taking on the rules and the process.

That sounds pretty concerning.  I mean, Trump's failures have mostly come from the GOP abandoning him on things, so how is he going to "take on the process" to help him be a "closer" if not override the House and Senate completely.

I mostly suspect he can't do what he probably wants to do, which is turn his executive orders into the law of the land, no ifs/ands/buts, but his mindset is still very concerning.

He doesn't realize those archaic rules are to give the voice to the people, and not those who think the job is royalty.

the notion that we The People are to be involved in anything but doing what he deems we do is completely alien to him.

Most dictators know they want to be dictators.. this idiot literally seems to think it's better than our system...so long as he calls the shots.

~Bang

37 minutes ago, visionary said:

How the **** is he still saying this?

Two reasons for it: his base literally does not care what he says. Can you imagine if Obama talked about examining the rules of the house and senate?

the second reason are the enablers in Pence, Ryan and McConnell

the gorka thing is flynn/russo related (distancing distancing distancing),...besides, he was Obama's expert first and they just took him on... also though, don is liking his image more under the cohn/jared/ivanka/generals aura than the bannon/flynn/rudy/conneway side that gorka's a part of...and then don just keeps jeff (the last of the OGs) quietly nurturing the racist/bigoted slice of the base and getting some important dirty work done

i wasn't here but "easter" books jeff and de vos read at the kids egghunt deal were christian anti-gay anti-other publications in camo...really... from same folks who support conversion therapy...

two dark powers flying under the radar a lot are wilbur rosss and betsy devos, and don't be surprised when links to rooskies include one if not both on a serious $$$ level

que black sabbath

Archived